MOFO 80's Teen Movie Hall of Fame

Tools    

I also think Stand By Me shouldn't be in this. It's one of my favourite films but I wouldn't class it as a teen comedy at all personally.

Looking forward to watching these though!
It can be any genre of teen movie

It's a good pick

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I know Will Wheaton's character is 12. Are they all 12? Is someone 13? hahahaha

Suspect's Reviews

What about movies with college age kids playing high-school teens? Or movies like The Maze Runner and The Hunger Games where the actors are older but the characters are supposed to be teenagers?
I believe those are current films, They do not qualify as they were not made during the 1980s. Patrick Swayze was 32 years old when they made "Red Dawn" in 1984, He played a teenager.

I believe the older boys in "Stand by Me" were around 13 or 14 years old.. so yeah it qualifies even.

Deadline?

I'm so busy right now.

B-Movie HoF
17th HoF
80's Teen HoF
Horror Movie A Day
(Something else I have cooking on the side)
Some time next year...early to mid February

Chris, River Phoenix character, was 13 from what I understand..so it's still a teen.

It's on several teen movie lists...

https://www.nme.com/photos/from-stan...evisit-1404966

Chris, River Phoenix character, was 13 from what I understand..so it's still a teen.

It's on several teen movie lists...

https://www.nme.com/photos/from-stan...evisit-1404966

I think Stand by Me def qualifies. Some technicalties with age on a few of the cast but theyre all basically teenagers.

I guess essentially its a pre teen focused film but its so decent i cant see why itd be ejected. Shlt, them kids were at the perfect age to watch Akira, had it come out back then.

I think Stand by Me def qualifies. Some technicalties with age on a few of the cast but theyre all basically teenagers.

I guess essentially its a pre teen focused film but its so decent i cant see why itd be ejected. Shlt, them kids were at the perfect age to watch Akira, had it come out back then.
Keifer Sutherland has a big role and he's definitely a teen.

This is a list of the noms in text in case you want to copy and save them.

Nominations:
Akira (1988) - Siddon
Can't Buy Me Love (1987) - Velvet
Once Bitten (1985) - MovieGal
Better Off Dead (1985) - Ed
Say Anything (1989) - Rhys
Teen Wolf (1985) - TUS
Lucas (1986) - Smudge
Stand By Me (1986) - Sedai
Crossroads (1986) - ynwtf
Three O'Clock High (1987) - Joel
My Bodyguard (1980) - GBG
Grease 2 (1982) - Citizen Rules

Honorary Nomination, optional to watch
Yesterday (1985) - Ms. M

anybody need a way to watch akira?

It can be any genre of teen movie

It's a good pick
I still wouldn't class it was a teen movie though. It literally states that they're 12 years old during the end scene of the film.

It's definitely a great film though! It's on my favourites list so it's going to be very hard for me to vote against.

I still wouldn't class it was a teen movie though. It literally states that they're 12 years old during the end scene of the film.

It's definitely a great film though! It's on my favourites list so it's going to be very hard for me to vote against.
IMDB classifies it as an 80's Teen Movie

Its eligible... its rated #5

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls054909971/

and Kieffer Sutherland's character "Ace Merrill" does have a decent size part in the movie.. as he's the bully to these boys.

Not disagreeing but that's not IMDb classifying it. That's a user's personal list.
I find a lot of nitpicking

Im not gonna lie I really dont wanna watch akira but I will. I joined looking for more chiller movies and did not expect to be watching a post apocalyptic anime film.

I find a lot of nitpicking
What do you mean? I'm just saying that's it's not the movie site that's classifying it that way. It's just a member's opinion like you or me.