The Videogames Tab

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
One thing which is bugging me in an irrational way is whatever shader they're using that makes everything look, I dunno, oily? It's like a weird ENB that perverts use on Fallout 4 which drops their framerate to single figures.

I thought the colors looked pretty bright. They obviously took a big step away from the F3 washed out look with F4, which I think was better, but F76 looked even shinier. I guess that makes sense, though, since it's much closer to the time the bombs were dropped? Canonical coloring?

there's a frog in my snake oil
Plz go here and say you would like VR in NMS. Bless your hearts

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Definitely denied. Everyday and twice on Saturday.

So I decided my Pi needed a new case. Ok, let's be real here - One of my Pi's (pies? pis?) *only* had its default case and I'm a fool when it comes to new stuff.

So far, so good:

Hmmmm, this looks familiar:

Oh.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Ashamed that I have 1100+ hours on PUBG, chicken dinners are rolling in though. Was ranked 864 on EU solo a couple of weeks back.

Have 1100 hours on Europa Universalis 4 too but that's over a long period of time.

What are your total hours on certain games?

1338 in Skyrim on Steam, plus 200 in the Special Edition. That's the first Bethesda game I've played solely digitally so can see how many hours I've put in, but I reckon I have 1000+ in Morrowind and Oblivion too, slightly less in the Bethesda Fallouts and *only* 200-ish in Fallout 4, which is about the same as I have in Witcher 3, a linear game.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Elite says I have an obscene 800hr+

I'm pretty certain 400 of those are from having shut the game but not the launcher though. (And another 100 are just supercruising in a straight line while I made coffee )

I'm so fricking keen to fill that space with gameplay I've now made a full 'graphic novel' pitch about it

---

STORY (click for large image):

(Low quality jpg version)

EXPLAINER (click for large image):

(Low quality jpg version)

HOKEY VIDEO VERSION:

1338 in Skyrim on Steam, plus 200 in the Special Edition. That's the first Bethesda game I've played solely digitally so can see how many hours I've put in, but I reckon I have 1000+ in Morrowind and Oblivion too, slightly less in the Bethesda Fallouts and *only* 200-ish in Fallout 4, which is about the same as I have in Witcher 3, a linear game.
Must have 500+ on 2 playthroughs of Oblivion. Skyrim only 100 or so but I keep trying to get back into it. Fallout 4 300 maybe.

Trying to do anything other than PUBG is hard cause our squad is always online so it's a nightly venture.

Must have 500+ on 2 playthroughs of Oblivion. Skyrim only 100 or so but I keep trying to get back into it. Fallout 4 300 maybe.

Trying to do anything other than PUBG is hard cause our squad is always online so it's a nightly venture.
I have 5 or 10 friends who seem to play nothing but PUBG these days. I loved the game and played it a lot last year, but very little since it came out of Early Access. I've been intending to get back into it but not until after the big releases of the Autumn (for me, RDR2 and Hitman 2) get played.

I passed 600 on Fallout 4 and I've added a couple dozen since. I thought I was done somewhere in the 400s, but then I added some more mods, particularly a Jetpack one, and basically re-explored everything with access to lots of fun new areas. Then, when I got tired of that, I finally tried Survival, and that's been worth another 40-50+ so far. Only reason that might not go on is if F76 takes over.

Winner's still SpyParty though, since that's at a few hundred, and that's just since it went on Steam. Probably a couple thousand overall.

I'd hate to think how many hours I put into the earlier Football Manager/Championship Manager games. Fell off the wagon after they started appearing on Steam - A conscious decision because they were beginning to consume my entire gaming time.

I would always play on commentary only, fast so could just about do a season in a day off.

Yup! Might even play right away. Only a handful of games bypass The Pile but this is probably one of them.
Same. I'm steering clear of reviews, and only played the free teaser for a few minutes. I'll probably pick up SWERY's new game, The Missing, at the weekend too.

The auteurs are back!

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
I'd hate to think how many hours I put into the earlier Football Manager/Championship Manager games. Fell off the wagon after they started appearing on Steam - A conscious decision because they were beginning to consume my entire gaming time.
Football Manager is life!