Originally Posted by Escape
Really? I thought Jessica Biel was excellent in her state of fear and panic. What is it she did that was stupid or predictable? Just curious.
*POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

hmm yeah Escape, it wasn't Jessica Biel, it was the character she played. Biel actually did a reasonable job acting her part but the problem i had was with the way the script was written and executed. Biel's character was naive to such a degree that it just annoyed me more than the annoying quirks of the other characters.

What made her character and the whole script predictable was the fact that we knew what was to happen in the end as was intended by the film makers but then we had to sit through and watch these characters elaborately make blind decisions that we knew they were going to pay for later and so there was little left to be surprised with. The whole gimmick of the film was that the story was based around a true story so this explains the lets give the ending away at the start thing but really the actually killings in the movie had little correlation with the details within Ed Gein's case, (the person Leatherface's character was based on) as he basically used to dig up dead people and dismember them and he actually apparently only killed two women. So there goes that little plan.. What made the film even stupider was the fact that we had to sit through the lame typical clichés of a horror flick as well, EG)

The lame premise of the flick: "Oh lets pick up a strange girl on the side of the road and watch her shoot herself in the head in our van: oh and I know! Lets go and meet some weirdo sheriff in some weirdo secluded location within a weirdo town and when he doesn't even turn up lets grow a conscience and wait it out until we all die."

The whole lets decide to split up thing and get killed off one by one has been done already. As has the whole car wont start at the most critical part of the story thing and oh look i've got perfect opportunity to kill the killer but no i'll just injure him slightly instead. Not to mention the oh i'm running as fast as i can but the killer has already beaten me to my destination.

The bit that annoyed me the most was when Biel's character decides to hitch a ride and then (surprise surprise) it turns out that the truckie is taking her back to the hicks and it was so stupid how it was just so impossible for her to simply open her mouth and say 'we can't go back there because my friends are being cut up to pieces and instead she has to scream gibberish and try to swerve them off the road...

I think it's the fact that the story was just weak and really i shouldn’t expect more from a teenage horror flicks but yeah, since you asked...