Terminator 1 or 2?

Tools    

I know most people will disagree, but I think The Terminator is better than Terminator 2. I realize the second has outstanding special effects, but I feel the original film had a better story, and just a better feel. Not to mention the soundtrack on the first Terminator was better too, IMV. More thrilling and suspenseful. Let me explain.

For one, the sequel added more of comedic overtone to parts of the film.
In T2, Arnold's character was portrayed as a bit comical at times and the whole thing with the boy training the machine to be more human-like was kind of silly. Arnold Schwarzenegger's character also just seems like a giant dork in this film. It was much more menacing in the first film...more machine-like as it was supposed to be. The first Terminator film was more serious as a whole, which I like given its nature. I also like the love story in the original...makes it more emotional. Although at the end of T2, I guess it can be pretty emotional as well.

The first Terminator is fantastic, but T2 just holds up better in my opinion. T2 built upon the first movie and improved upon it. Bigger action, a bigger part for Arnie, a badass Sarah Conner, we get to see John Conner, better effects, and an awesome new villain in the T-1000.

Now Kyle Reese was in the original and Michael Biehn was the man, the TECH Noir scene was fantastic, but I just think T2 is the better movie.

The first Terminator is fantastic, but T2 just holds up better in my opinion. T2 built upon the first movie and improved upon it. Bigger action, a bigger part for Arnie, a badass Sarah Conner, we get to see John Conner, better effects, and an awesome new villain in the T-1000.

Now Kyle Reese was in the original and Michael Biehn was the man, the TECH Noir scene was fantastic, but I just think T2 is the better movie.
I see T2 as a popcorn movie. It's something you and your friends can watch at midnight...and just come in at any time T1 I care about the story, the characters, etc. Let me just say that I can't stand the John Connor character. Sometimes he can be annoying, like when he starts yelling in that high-pitch and his voice cracks..lol.

But mostly, the second film to me lacks the suspense of the first movie. It becomes less thriller and more action.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
T2.

It was much more menacing in the first film...more machine-like as it was supposed to be. The first Terminator film was more serious as a whole, which I like given its nature.

Arnie turned good, that was a plus. The T-1000 took over the role of being menacing and Robert Patrick was outstanding (still, the best role of his career). I found T2 to be serious enough, with Sarah Connor in excellent combat shape. Having a T-800 to assist made their efforts believable against the T-1000, otherwise, the movie would have been a joke. Furlong was outstanding.

Arnie turned good, that was a plus. The T-1000 took over the role of being menacing and Robert Patrick was outstanding (still, the best role of his career). I found T2 to be serious enough, with Sarah Connor in excellent combat shape. Having a T-800 to assist made their efforts believable against the T-1000, otherwise, the movie would have been a joke. Furlong was outstanding.
I don't like that he turned "good" per se. To me that doesn't fit...he's supposed to be a Terminator...i.e. that's what he does. And I prefer Sarah Connor as the innocent girl she once was. It makes it more frightening from her point of view. And even though it's all science fiction, the concept of the T-1000 seems more implausible than anything. I mean the regular Terminator you could understand (he's made of metal, has a computer chip, etc.) But the T-1000 is made of liquid metal and his computer circuits are where? And he fuses with other things...nahh. He's more like an alien than a machine.

I see T2 as a popcorn movie. It's something you and your friends can watch at midnight...and just come in at any time T1 I care about the story, the characters, etc. Let me just say that I can't stand the John Connor character. Sometimes he can be annoying, like when he starts yelling in that high-pitch and his voice cracks..lol.

But mostly, the second film to me lacks the suspense of the first movie. It becomes less thriller and more action.
I can understand not liking John Conner. I had no issues with him myself. But the film had plenty of suspense. Skynet sent back a new and deadlier killing machine making the T800 obsolete. Sure it is no longer man vs machine, and more man and machine vs a deadlier machine; but it was hardly without suspense. T2 just jacked the action to 11.

Welcome to the human race...
Here is an existing thread about the same question.

As for me, I definitely prefer the first.

I can understand not liking John Conner. I had no issues with him myself. But the film had plenty of suspense. Skynet sent back a new and deadlier killing machine making the T800 obsolete. Sure it is no longer man vs machine, and more man and machine vs a deadlier machine; but it was hardly without suspense. T2 just jacked the action to 11.
Yeah I get all that...and the film did turn up the action. But that's why I prefer T1 more. It may have less action, but it has more suspense. The tone of the first film just appeals to me more.

To each there own. Again. like I said Terminator is a FANTASTIC film and a classic. Now if you were trying to argue Terminator Genisys was the best of the franchise, THEN there would be problems.

Here is an existing thread about the same question.

As for me, I definitely prefer the first.
I actually tried searching that, but it didn't show up. I guess the difference between "or" and "vs."..lol

To each there own. Again. like I said Terminator is a FANTASTIC film and a classic. Now if you were trying to argue Terminator Genisys was the best of the franchise, THEN there would be problems.
Never saw Genesis...though I did see Terminator 3. And that was just awful IMO.

Welcome to the human race...
Yeah, that's understandable. The search function doesn't work if your query is too specific - you have to keep it to one or two key words like just "Terminator".

You can skip Genisys. It made T3 look passable. It is that bad!

I did a VERY pissed off review here
LOL...I'm confused just from your description of the movie, let alone the actual thing. It sounds like the whole movie was written at a million different times, not looking back to see if it all connects. I've watched movies like that...ones that seem like the writers jotted down the plot after waking up in the morning.

Oh btw, how do you add the popcorn emoticons things? I can't find them on the list.

LOL...I'm confused just from your description of the movie, let alone the actual thing. It sounds like the whole movie was written at a million different times, not looking back to see if it all connects. I've watched movies like that...ones that seem like the writers jotted down the plot after waking up in the morning.

Oh btw, how do you add the popcorn emoticons things? I can't find them on the list.
I myself think the film was written by monkeys.

As for the popcorn:

you have your ratings from 0 to 5 with .5 ratings allowed. A just type [ rating ] your number here [ /rating ] and you are done. Just remove the spacing between the brackets and the numbers.

Example

I don't like that he turned "good" per se. To me that doesn't fit...he's supposed to be a Terminator...i.e. that's what he does. And I prefer Sarah Connor as the innocent girl she once was. It makes it more frightening from her point of view. And even though it's all science fiction, the concept of the T-1000 seems more implausible than anything. I mean the regular Terminator you could understand (he's made of metal, has a computer chip, etc.) But the T-1000 is made of liquid metal and his computer circuits are where? And he fuses with other things...nahh. He's more like an alien than a machine.
Well, if you plan on approaching it with a broken imagination...(joking)

I'd rank them as:

T2
T
Salvation
TV Series
Genisys
T3

IMDb has them rated in this order:

T2
T

TV Series
Salvation
Genisys
T3

i dont think i can rate one ahead of the other, t1 for the cheer simplistic escapism and atmosphere and 80s feel of scifi, and t2 for the amount of special effects and cheer grandeur of the film scale production, it was as big as it can get, still relevant today with how ahead of its time it is

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
Deffinately T1 for me. It's darker, had more atmosphere and a dirtier look. That's the thing I liked most. When T2 was made, everything got more polished and very much brighter. I liked the fact that most of T1 took place at night, it gave it more of a horror vibe, made it more sinister. As for the terminator, I can't deny it looked way better in T2. Both arnie and Patrick looked awesome in machine form, but I'll always have a place in my heart for the stop-motion version from T1. The final scene where it inched its way toward Sarah was terrifying. All this, combined with the fact that I didn't like Furlong for the most part (the scene where he pleads for the terminator's life and the end scenes excluded) makes T1 the better film in my opinion.

Also, the series is better than Salvation. Period.