Rate that Movie: the Texas Chain Saw Massacre

Tools    

+ --- 9.5 / 10

as the third act unfolds, Tobe Hooper's nightmarish atmosphere materializes to a superbly bizarre climax

Now make "Rate that Movie: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2 (1986)."

I actually haven't seen the sequel. I've only seen the original, the remake, and the abysmal Texas Chainsaw 3D.

Chainsaw 2 (1986) is the only movie that is a direct continuation of the first film, following Leatherface, The Cook (the gas station man in the first movie), and a new Hitchhiker character who serves as another brother who was in Vietnam during the first movie. Dennis Hopper plays the uncle of Sally and Franklin Hardesty from the original, hunting down the killers.

Texas Chainsaw 3D acts like it's the real sequel to the original, but, . Just because you had all of those cameos from people in the original movie doesn't mean you're something special. There were not 2 million people all living in that macabre farmhouse that we never saw in the original movie. It's not like they were hiding somewhere.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
10/10 for me. It's one of the greatest horror movies of all time. Now bring on part 2.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"

It's simply not scary, not tense, and not thrilling. What else can I say.
Clearly you are joking. You must be!,