Southland

Tools    

Anyone ever watch this show? I am watching it for the first time. It's on TNT. It's actually not bad. I read on Wiki it was originally aired on NBC in 2009 but was cancelled. Then TNT bought the rights to it and is now running in.

It's worth checking out. It's about LAPD police officers. It revolves more around the characters and is a more raw and gritty look at the genre. I think I'll DVR a few more episodes and take a further look.

Here's some reviews listed on Wiki.

Dorothy Rabinowitz of The Wall Street Journal says "Prattle is, in any case, a minor note compared with the crackling pace of the first script, its evocative mood of menace at every turn, each police car racing to destinations that will reveal who knows what tragedy or unspeakable sight." The Kansas City Star stated the show in even a more positive light saying "Southland is built to be bigger, and in that sense it succeeds immediately, thanks to excellent casting (especially Michael Cudlitz and Regina King as a cop and a detective), gritty location shooting around L.A. and storytelling that doesn’t hold the viewer’s hand."

i started watching it on NBC, but then couldnt keep up with it. TNT bought it and put the first and second season on demand, so i got to watch it...but i didnt go back and watch the third season...they will prob., put it back on when the 4th season returns...

but i like it. its interesting....i just watch a lot of other things and always forget to go back and catch it.