Fellowship of the Ring
16.67%
3 votes
The Two Towers
33.33%
6 votes
Return of the King
18 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Which is your favorite Lord of the Rings movie?

They're all excellent but the 1st and 3rd are a little better than the second.

It's a tough call between Fellowship of the Ring and Return of the King. In the end I have to go with Return of the King.

Which is your favorite?

I need to watch this trilogy again. I was never into it the first time around, but that was quite some time ago. I could probably appreciate it more now.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Fellowship Of The Ring. Definitely the most scariest of the trilogy and one of the most skilled book adaptations in film history.

I've said it here before and I'll say it again: It's all one movie. A really long movie.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Fellowship for me.
The books are a great read also!
The Hobbit (prequel) is due out soon

A system of cells interlinked
Fellowship by a long shot. Of course I mean the extended version, as the theater cuts were all inferior, IMO. Fellowship is a more complete film, and contains the best narrative, for me.

Can't pick. Like Harry, I view it as all one. One book. One big, nearly 12 hour movie. As a fan of the book, I definitely pick the extended version over the theatrical version.

Why no options for the animated versions of The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings and The Return of the King? I thought Bakshi did an incredible job on The Lord of the Rings, and it's a shame he didn't get to finish the story.

Fellowship of the Ring is just a long, slow start to the film that introduces the characters and sets them out on the trip. It's interesting, but it's all beginning with no resolution.

The Two Towers is like any second act--no beginning, some story development, no end. It seems the weakest of the three parts.

Which leaves Return of the King--again no begining, but by now you're down to the most interesting characters, the most interesting battles, the most meaningful confrontations, and finally resolution with the triumph of good over evil. Not surprising that this is the segment that results in the Oscar.

That said, I agree with others that no one third of the film stands alone--it's a continuing story that we paid three admissions to see

I am burdened with glorious purpose
I like Rufnek's analysis, yet I did vote for Fellowship. I agree that ROTK is the film that deserved the Oscar, and I would argue it is probably the best of the three, but I love Fellowship the most.

The reason is simply because it is the film that has all the characters of the Fellowship together. I find that so incredibly special and I also love the set up to Boromir's death and using that death as the climax of the film. It is also sentimental to me that I pick Fellowship because it was Boromir's death that solidified my love for the film. I cried hysterically -- I knew then that the characters and story meant something to me.

This is my favorite film of all time -- all 12 hours of it. I, too, think of it as one long movie. But I can pick Fellowship in a poll like this.