TheDOMINATOR's Top 100 Favorite Films

→ in
Tools    

Cool, I hope you enjoy it if you ever do check it out. Just remember it's one big movie split up into three parts, so you should watch all of them.

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
I love love love Lord of the Rings, it's the only movie/trilogy ever that has never faultered in its place on my top ten list...number one!

I'll have to wait for the rest of Dom's list to be unveiled before I'll know whether I'd recommend The lord of the Rings to him.

Also, nice job on the cougar posting there Rice.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
I just thought of this: (language)

65. The Mothman Prophecies
(Mark Pellington, 2002)

A riveting supernatural thriller in which an alien-like being known as "the Mothman" haunts the townsfolk of Point Pleasant, West Virginia, making eerie phonecalls, prophecizing future catastrophes. The tale is chilling and the Mothman character itself is incredibly intriguing. The Mothman Prophecies is based on true events, and not only does this add to the allure of the film, but it motivates me to research the "true story" as well, emerging myself more in the story. It's awesome all-around.

64. American Wedding
(Jesse Dylan, 2003)

The weakest of the trilogy (I don't even count those other ones like Band Camp as part of the series, they're so horrendously awful), but I still find American Wedding to be incredibly hilarious with the return of its awesome characters like Stifler--one of the funniest and coolest characters in film of all time--and Jim. Admittedly, some of the humor actually falls short here, but the humor that doesn't is laugh-out-loud hilarious.

63. The Quiet
(Jamie Babbit, 2005)

The Quiet is one of the most disturbing movies I've ever seen: an attractive teenage girl continually sustains a sexual relationship with her biological father, all while she's still living at home with him and her mother. The family takes in another teenage girl who loses her dad in an accident, the father doing so to try and put an end to the sick relationship with his daughter; he thinks that, with another person living in the house with them, it will keep him from sneaking into his kid's room at night, but it's a failure. What ensues is pure greatness.

62. Frankenstein
(James Whale, 1931)

The classic horror movie. Filled with intense moments, memorable quotes ("It's alive! ALIVE!"), and a monster that makes you truly care for him despite his hiddeous appearance. It ends with a bang and is truly unforgettable.

61. Saving Private Ryan
(Steven Speilberg, 1998)

Among the greatest war movies ever made, and my favorite of the genre. It doesn't get more visceral and unrelenting than this.

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100

I like all of those, especially The Quiet, Frankenstein, and Saving Private Ryan. Nice.

60. Ruthless People
(Jim Abrahams, David Zucker, 1986)

Relentlessly silly and utterly hilarious, Ruthless People is one of my favorite comedies in the "wacky humor" category of the genre (if such a thing exists). Judge Reinhold and Danny DeVito are two of my favorite comedic actors, and they're both in this movie. Add in a fantastically--and very surprisingly--clever plot and a brilliant script, and you have something truly special.

59. The Thing
(John Carpenter, 1982)

Insanely awesome creature designs, a cool premise (and an even cooler setting), and an explosive climax that always has me on the edge of my seat makes The Thing what it is to me. Oh, and did I mention that it has some of the most fantastically gross alien gore I've ever seen in a movie? That plays a factor, too.

58. Fast Times at Ridgemont High
(Amy Heckerling, 1982)

Ah, what to say about Fast Times? Judge Reinhold again here, perhaps delivering an even better performance than he did in Ruthless People (this time, he played a much more serious character but still delivered top-notch funny humor). A plethora of memorable characters and quotes are present, but above all else is this: this movie contains some of the best nudity in any movie, ever. (About the "above all else," I'm only half-kidding. )

57. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
(Steven Spielberg, 1989)

My least favorite of the series, but even still, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade comes close to making it into my Top 50 favorite films of all time. Indiana Jones is one of the most memorable characters in film history, and in this movie, his adventures and the new characters that are introduced are all a pleasure to watch and meet.

56. Scorched
(Gavin Grazer, 2003)

Another movie I'd consider in the "wacky, silly" category of comedies. Alicia Silverstone is one of my favorites, and the story is of several different groups of people who have their own separate stories, but are all interconnected in some way in the film. I love movies like this, and Scorched is one of them.

[Will Be Continued...]

I'd forgotten about The Quiet, remember watching that for one reason, beginning in Elisha and ending in Cuthbert. Think i had higher hopes for a film with that premise and was let down with lack of Elisha nudity....

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
OMG Ruthless People I havent seen this movie in years Im looking to buy this asap

I'd forgotten about The Quiet, remember watching that for one reason, beginning in Elisha and ending in Cuthbert. Think i had higher hopes for a film with that premise and was let down with lack of Elisha nudity....
That's about the only reason I originally watched it too, but while I was let down by a severe lack of Elisha nudity, the premise and the movie overall, itself didn't let me down at all. I went in expecting one thing (some good nudity from an actress I like a lot) and instead, I got something totally different (a genuinely good movie).

OMG Ruthless People I havent seen this movie in years Im looking to buy this asap
Very nice, n3wt! Hope you enjoy it after it's been so long.

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
I'm glad i'm a woman and a lack of nudity doesn't make the movie a let down for me...

I didn't mean to make it seem as if a lack of nudity made the movie a let-down for me, either, because that's not the case (obviously, because The Quiet is in my Top 100 ). What I was saying is that the original reason why I watched The Quiet in the first place was due to the expentancy of Elisha Cuthbert nudity. It would have been great if we got some, but because we didn't, it didn't make the movie less good.

Repost the picture for Fast Times, only just a second later.
I was tempted when browsing through unfiltered Google Images, but decided against it.

Nudity certainly can help a bad movie seem a little better though, but a lack of nudity can't make a good movie worse.
Eh, I'm not sure if your comments are directed at me or Pyro, but I agree with this statement by you. I apologize if I led it to be believed otherwise.