TheDOMINATOR's Movie Review Thread

→ in
Tools    

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Quarantine does look like it has potental to be a cool film, but I have heard so many bad things about it. I think I shall be waiting for it to go to DVD.

Again nice reviews dude!

Quarantine does look like it has potental to be a cool film, but I have heard so many bad things about it. I think I shall be waiting for it to go to DVD.

Again nice reviews dude!
I'd say waiting for Quarantine on DVD is a good idea. I'll buy it on DVD myself, but not as a new release; this is one I'll be able to wait for the price to come down.

And again, thanks for the compliments.

Are there any suggestions for reviews out there you'd like to see from me? Say, for a film in my Top 10 or, later, in my Top 25/50/100/whatever that I plan to post within the next day or two?

Thank you, sir.

Well Quarantine is already on DVD, oh wait no, that's [rec] the original and good version.
I have not seen [REC] and therefore can only judge the story based on the remake.

In that case, I'll definitely break them up. Once I do, will you automatically include them in the "User Reviews" area (once you have the time), or is there a certain requirement that needs to be met on my end first?
Nothing's required of you, really. I'll add most but might miss some. I try to make a point to add any review that has a 1-5 rating (or convertable equivalent), decent length (a few paragraphs or more, usually), and is more than a plot synopsis. A fair number of the ones you've posted so far seem to qualify.

If I miss a review that you think should be included, feel free to drop me (or Sedai) a line.

A system of cells interlinked
Cool stuff so far, and, thanks for taking the time to write them! As Yoda stated, if you have questions, just ask!

Thanks a lot, guys. I look forward to writing (and posting) more.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I'd say waiting for Quarantine on DVD is a good idea. I'll buy it on DVD myself, but not as a new release; this is one I'll be able to wait for the price to come down.

And again, thanks for the compliments.

Are there any suggestions for reviews out there you'd like to see from me? Say, for a film in my Top 10 or, later, in my Top 25/50/100/whatever that I plan to post within the next day or two?
Yeah I dont get any DVDs on release unless they are amazing lol, this is going to be one I pick up when its in the reduced section.

I dont suppose you have seen The Hogfather and the colour of magic have you? They are two discworld novels which have been turned in to Tv Movie's and they are fatastic, If you into them of course.

Thank you, sir.

I have not seen [REC] and therefore can only judge the story based on the remake.

Quarantine really really ****s me off, remaking a brilliant film a year later is shameful. They should have put some money into giving it a wider theatrical release instead. I would highly recommend it but i imagine it would be redundant now.

Yeah I dont get any DVDs on release unless they are amazing lol, this is going to be one I pick up when its in the reduced section.

I dont suppose you have seen The Hogfather and the colour of magic have you? They are two discworld novels which have been turned in to Tv Movie's and they are fatastic, If you into them of course.
Nope, I haven't seen either of those TV movies. And I almost always wait until new releases are reduced also; I was just stressing the point here.

Quarantine really really ****s me off, remaking a brilliant film a year later is shameful. They should have put some money into giving it a wider theatrical release instead. I would highly recommend it but i imagine it would be redundant now.
Ah. There's a possibility I'll see [REC] in the future, but that's unlikely as I don't download movies from the Internet, and I understand you have to do this to watch [REC] in the United States? If it ever comes out on DVD, I might pick it up, but if not, then I won't be seeing it most likely.

Oh, i didn't realise it wasn't out on DVD, that makes it slightly more acceptable lol. Though i am surprised, we've had it on DVD (R2) for a while now, they even released a cheaper, single disc edition..

Nope, I haven't seen either of those TV movies. And I almost always wait until new releases are reduced also; I was just stressing the point here.

Ah. There's a possibility I'll see [REC] in the future, but that's unlikely as I don't download movies from the Internet, and I understand you have to do this to watch [REC] in the United States? If it ever comes out on DVD, I might pick it up, but if not, then I won't be seeing it most likely.
I own REC on DVD and I bought it here in the United States.

I own REC on DVD and I bought it here in the United States.
I know it's not available anywhere around where I live, and I thought it wasn't available at all on DVD in the US yet. Now that I know it is, though, I'll have to keep an eye out for it because, if it's cheap, I'll pick it up. I imagine it'll be interesting to hear Quarantine's story told in another perspective.

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100

I imagine it'll be interesting to hear Quarantine's story told in another perspective.
Err, you mean it will be interesting to see how Quarantine stole the story from [rec], that perspective, right? Because it ain't Quarantine's story.

Err, you mean it will be interesting to see how Quarantine stole the story from [rec], that perspective, right? Because it ain't Quarantine's story.
For Quarantine to be a remake of [REC], which I understand it is (I don't know a lot about either movie), the general stories of both must be at least somewhat similar, correct? That being said, I would probably find [REC] interesting even if I have to watch it with subtitles which is something I'm not too, too fond of doing. That's basically what I meant before.