Sherlock Holmes 2

Tools    

Sherlock Holmes 2 Starts Shooting This Summer

Before the first Sherlock Holmes was even released there was already talk of a sequel. Much of that talk surrounded the classic Sherlock Holmes villain, Moriarty, who was even rumored to be played by Brad Pitt (that rumor continues to rear its head every so often). Whoever the villain, we all know Sherlock Holmes 2 is inevitable and today we learn we’ll be seeing it sooner, rather than later.

Shortly after the news surfaced that Robert Downey Jr. wouldn’t be playing Cowboys & Aliens, we get word that the reason for his departure from that project was a scheduling clash with the shoot for Sherlock Holmes 2. Entertainment Weekly has a source inside the production that says even though the project has yet to be green-lit (it’s only a matter of time, though), the studio is nonetheless fast-tracking it after the success of the first film (it’s almost at the $300 million worldwide mark at the box office on a $90 million budget).

Warner Bros. has apparently already commissioned a script from Kieran and Michele Mulroney (who both wrote and directed the 2009 comedy/drama, Paper Man), instead of using any of the three screenwriters that wrote the first Holmes installment. They are now trying to lock down the cast (which will include RDJ, and most likely the return of Jude Law and Rachel McAdams) for a June shooting start date. Cowboys & Aliens was set to start shooting in July. I guess the classic detective won out over cowboys and aliens battling it out…

As stated, Sherlock Holmes 2 is set to start shooting this June. Presumably we’d see it hit theaters sometime in 2011.

Source: Screenrant

Sherlock Holmes 2 release date set

Warner Bros. has set a release date of December 2011 for Sherlock Holmes 2, with filming expected to begin later this year. The news comes from THR who saw the date on a slide during a presentation by Warner chairman and CEO Barry Meyer this week.

Not much is known about the sequel thus far, although Robert Downey Jr. said last month that Holmes will be venturing out of London next time round, saying we’ll see “a bit of Paris, a bit of Switzerland by the end, if I’m not mistaken.”

Downey also said that he doesn’t know whether Rachael McAdams will be returning as Irene Adler as the character only appeared in one of the original stories by Arthur Conan Doyle. He’ll know as soon as the script is delivered, however.

Source: Filmonic.com

Semper Fooey
Sherlock Holmes 2 release date set

Downey also said that he doesn’t know whether Rachael McAdams will be returning as Irene Adler as the character only appeared in one of the original stories by Arthur Conan Doyle. He’ll know as soon as the script is delivered, however.

Source: Filmonic.com
So what if Irene Adler only appeared in only one Doyle story? They're not following Conan Doyle. The story she appeared in had nothing to do with the one in the movie. The more I see and read interviews Downey gives on Ironman and Holmes, the more idiotic he sounds.

Guy Ritchie has been finishing up the last rewrites on his sequel Sherlock Holmes 2, which will reunite Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law as Holmes and Watson, with plans to start shooting soon for its December 16, 2011 release date.

It's a fairly safe assumption that Sherlock Holmes' arch-villain Professor Moriarty will play a larger part in the sequel after his brief appearance in the first movie, essentially a shadowy figure in a carriage with a voice that many people racked their brains trying to figure out who it belonged to.

For a while, it was rumored Brad Pitt would play the role of Professor Moriarty, and people assumed incorrectly that was his voice--it had been declined by Ritchie--but that voice may be irrelevant, because according to our unconfirmed sources, Ritchie is hoping to get Daniel Day-Lewis to play the role.
Day-Lewis was last seen in his Oscar-winning role in Rob Marshall's Nine after winning an Oscar for his menacing role in Paul Thomas Anderson's There Will Be Blood, the latter being a great example of why he'd be perfect for the villainous role. If that that doesn't work out, other names that have been bandied about as being in consideration include Sean Penn, Javier Bardem and Gary Oldman. The first two are also recent Oscar winners, Bardem also for playing a bad guy in the Coens' No Country for Old Men, and Oldman already has a good working relationship with Warner Bros. having appeared in Christopher Nolan's Batman movies and The Book of Eli. Of course, Oldman and Day-Lewis do have somewhat of an advantage already being British as well.
At this very early point in the process, we can only report this as an UNCONFIRMED RUMOR, although we expect once Ritchie's new script is finished and it starts making the rounds, we'll start hearing which of these names comes to the forefront.

source:http://www.comingsoon.net/

good choice but i cnt see day-lewis doing this role.

Semper Fooey
Sean Penn would be a horrible choice. Lewis would be best. Oldman, I'm not a fan of him at all.

Why not Anthony Hopkins?

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im so happy this is being made and so soon as well I thought Guy Richie did a fantastic job with it and im looking forward to seeing more Professor Moriarty. Also I hope Rachel MacAdams comes back into the story

Semper Fooey
Read an interview with the actress lead in the new one and she is playing a Gypsy.

In a Latino Review scoop, it's been revealed that Jared Harris will play Moriarty in the "Sherlock Holmes" sequel.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I hear McAdams will not be in this one. Shame, she's my crush.

Suspect's Reviews

I really enjoyed the first one, but I'm ok with Irene Adler's role being reduced in this one. She only appears in one Doyle story and then get briefly mentioned in 3 or 4 others. Even though for Holmes she was "THE woman," and the only woman to ever outwit him, her role always seems to get overblown when stories outside of the canon get made.

I was happy that they didn't include Moriarty as the main villain in the first one. While he may have been Holmes' greatest adversary, much of his work was done from the shadows. He also only appeared/gets mention in a handful of stories, and was primarily created as a means to kill off Holmes, but works great as a behind-the-scenes crime-boss. I hope they don't kill him off at the end of the movie. As Holmes' equivilant of Lex Luthor, he deserves to be around for a while.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
I can't help it, there is only one Sherlock Holmes, and his name is basil rathbone. Its not that i hated the new version, quite the contrary, however in my head, they both exist , just in different dimensions.

When i think of Robert Downey Roles, Holmes doesn't spring to mind. Not at all. And certainly when i think of Holmes, i immediately go to The Hounds of the Baskervilles in my memory banks.

I guess that means there are 2 Sherlock Holmes after all..as in looking for the DVD cover, it was in fact Peter Cushing as the lead.

funny how the old mind works, i coulda swore it was basil rathbone.

Anybody else have the same sorta memory lapses?

Basil Rathbone is THE Sherlock Holmes. There are many other variations, though, including Peter Cushing who made several Holmes films. I also enjoy the three Matt Frewer Sherlock films I have seen (he made four).

Downey was definitely not who I pictured as Holmes anyway, but he pulled it off in that suprising Michael Keaton as Batman fashion.

i am probably one of few who didnt like Sherlock Holmes. But i would consider giving it a second viewing. I might not see this , its 50/50 for me.

The first one was enjoyable. And, as an avid reader of Conan's works, I found Downey's interpretation a breathe of fresh air, if not a stray far from the original character.

Will see the sequel as soon as it is released. Here's hoping it will surpass the first.

melikesart.blogspot.com

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Seems like this might be jumping the gun a bit IMO.

Jude Law on a Sherlock Holmes 3

Sep 5, 2011

Of course, everyone always bring up the next sequel when interviewing an actor from a high-profiled franchise, and that’s what Philly did when they chatted with Jude Law about Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, which doesn’t open until December 16th 2012, but nonetheless, a Sherlock Holmes 3 question popped up.
It’s not up to me, obviously, but I don’t see why not. I love working with Robert and Guy and the whole team. I’m a big fan of the books, and there’s obviously huge amounts of material to dip into and use and be inspired by, so we’ll see. If everyone else is as enthusiastic and happy for us to carry on doing it, then we’ll probably carry on doing it.”

God, this is so exciting. I was in the theatre when I first saw the Sherlock Holmes 2 trailer in the previews, and my friends and I were jumping for joy. Literally. I really hope it lives up to the hype.