Casey the Punisher

Tools    

This is great. This is video of a kid who has been bullying this bigger kid. The bigger kid finally had enough.

This is how you deal with bullies. You punch them in the mouth. Or in this case you slam them to the concrete like a sack of potatoes.

Bet the kid won't mess with him anymore.

Unfortunately Casey got suspended for 4 days along with the bully.

Read the story and watch the video at the link.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/media/case...bully-emerges/

I lol'd. Yeah, I'm still immature enough to laugh at this type of stuff.

Seriously now. I'm not convinced that this is the right strategy to deal with bullies. I think it depends from person to person. If the person being bullied is mentally strong and has the gift of the gab, he will mostly be able to shut the bully down verbally. In primary school, there was this kid who tried to pick at me, but I always shut him down before he could even get going because he had no response to what I said to him. I made smart comments to throw him off and get people to laugh at him, so he would stop bugging me. This worked for me, because I already had friends (who laughed at this 'bully') and am mentally strong.

I can imagine however that there are kids who don't have friends or who aren't mentally strong or can't talk their way out of it. When you're alone, talking tough or trying to ridicule someone likely won't get you far, except if your goal is to infuriate him and his friends. In that case, I guess the best thing to do is report the problem to your parents and ask them for advice. I don't know if fighting back is always the correct action to undertake. This could potentially result in you getting harrassed even worse, possibly even by multiple persons.

That is not to say that fighting back isn't 'good' in some occassions. It means you take a stand, stating clearly that you've had enough and want it to stop. If you do fight, you have to fully commit to it I think. You can't be a pussy and run backwards if you get hit or kicked because this is showing weakness, which will only instigate the bully to come after you and hurt you badly. I had a friend in high school who got bullied by a kid that was bigger than him, but one day he reached his boiling point and went ******* on the guy bullying him. He beat that guy to the ground and kept punching and kicking him until they pulled him off. The bully had 2 bruised ribs and a broken nose. My friend got suspended for his actions, but he was never bothered again. So, this is an instance of where fighting back helped.

However, I'm no supporter of street fighting or fighting at school. I'm just saying that I know that there are situations where such actions are warranted and useful. I do reiterate my point that the best course of action is to tell your parents and let them give you advice.