Swimming With Sharks

→ in
Tools    

WARNING - SPOILERS

I just watched this a few nights ago for the first time. I was really surprised at how much I liked it. Really good movie.

Kevin Spacey was excellent in it. I'm surprised Spacey wasn't at least nominated for Best Actor. His character was great and memorable.

I usually can predict the ending of most movies but this one blew me away. I thought for sure the kid was going to kill himself or Spacey. When it turned out he actually killed his girlfriend it blew me away.

So... "the kid" killed his girlfriend. And this is supposed to blow us away.

Spoilers much?

WARNING - SPOILERS

Kevin Spacey was excellent in it. I'm surprised Spacey wasn't at least nominated for Best Actor. His character was great and memorable.
He wasn't famous back then and the studio didn't advertise during Nomination season.

He wasn't famous back then and the studio didn't advertise during Nomination season.
Ah. I didn't realize that movie came out in 1995. Can't believe I have never heard of it.

I think it was an Oscar-worthy performance.

He is very good in it. I think it was actually made a year or two before, but wasn't released until '94. It really made its mark after The Usual Suspect hit big in '95.

When I saw it a few days ago I thought it was some new movie of his I missed. I didn.t even know the name of it because I saw it on IFC and it didn't say the name of it (missed the very beginning). I had to look it up on Wiki to see what it was.

Spacey made Buddy Ackerman a memorable character.