Terminator 1 or 2?

Tools    

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
I love T2 and have since I was very young. T1, great film, darker tone, menacing performance but it doesn’t have the cool factor of the second. I remember rewinding the first scene multiple times as a kid when he walks into the bar. Also the motorbike scene and the motorbike and glasses period. How cool lol. It does hold up the film. I watched it a few years ago, great pace and watched it in 3D. Non stop excitement. I’ll prob check out T1 again in some time but I can’t put it above my first love. That’s the power of nostalgia and coolness.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I love T2 and have since I was very young. T1, great film, darker tone, menacing performance but it doesn’t have the cool factor of the second. I remember rewinding the first scene multiple times as a kid when he walks into the bar. Also the motorbike scene and the motorbike and glasses period. How cool lol. It does hold up the film. I watched it a few years ago, great pace and watched it in 3D. Non stop excitement. I’ll prob check out T1 again in some time but I can’t put it above my first love. That’s the power of nostalgia and coolness.
Cute! How old were you, Larry?

The motorbike through the gate for sure where he blows it open with his gun.

Was it 1 or 2 (2 I think) where he gets up naked when he first arrives and the young thugs say 'hey what's wrong with this picture) which was the saying back in the day when someone didnt look right - LOL.

The thumbs up as he was lowered into the metal bath, however, wrecked a great movie. Cameron is such a cheese ball.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Cute! How old were you, Larry?

The motorbike through the gate for sure where he blows it open with his gun.

Was it 1 or 2 (2 I think) where he gets up naked when he first arrives and the young thugs say 'hey what's wrong with this picture) which was the saying back in the day when someone didnt look right - LOL.

The thumbs up as he was lowered into the metal bath, however, wrecked a great movie. Cameron is such a cheese ball.
Lol! At the thumbs up. No comment from me, I was probably crying by that stage haha. Ah...I was prob 8 or 9 when I first saw it. Not when it came out though. I’m 30 this year. Yea that was the first one with the thugs. The first part of T2 he goes into the biker bar and says, “I want your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle.” Priceless dialogue.

“I want your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle.” Priceless dialogue.
LMAO. Needs the Nobel Prize in Literature. Just gold!

T2. a great twists ruined through trailers, and one of the best endings. T1000 was plenty menacing, big budget and very clever action. This kind of movie is just better served with a large budget (huge in T2's case). T1 is the type of movie you have to make when you're a first time director and the studios won't risk a huge budget on you. e.g., shooting a bunch of dark scenes. T2 took most from T1 and just made it better. much better action, much better score.

Cameron insulted wonder women, and he's right to. T2 and Aliens were the defining bar for feminism, and WW was so shallow by comparison.

Arnold demanded to be more "family friendly" if he was to return to the franchise. Thanks for us, Cameron's sequel just became more inventive and original.

Sarah conner's transformation from T1 to T2 just made it that much better. We got to see her transformation fierce paranoid warrior natural's extension. Would have been super lame if they were afraid to change anything about the first movie.

T2. a great twists ruined through trailers,
It was ruined for me by a wannabee journalist in another country. To this day I still want to kill her.

I disagree about T2's ending. That monotonous drawling voice over by Cameron's whatever number wife drove me insane.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Which twist are we talking about here?

Which twist are we talking about here?
You can't be serious, Ironpony.

Welcome to the human race...
lmao imagine thinking T2 and Aliens are "the defining bar for feminism"

T2 obviously.

First of all, I love T1.

Not trying to nitpick but you gotta admit this technique they used is a little dated. Arnold is definitely the right choice for his role in T1, but he had not mastered the role in T1 like he did in T2.

You can't be serious, Ironpony.
You mean the twist where the Terminator turns out to be good, that twist?

I think T1 has a darker tone, and 2 does to a lesser extent. I think it reminds me of the "Trancers" movies. Both are fantastic films. I can watch them over and over, and love them as classics. But I felt T3 absolutely sucked. It was predictable there would be a "female Terminator" eventually so we can see a woman's buttocks. I did see Salvation once, and found it was a pitiful film. Not seen Genysis yet, and don't care to. Now I hear Arnie wants to do a new trilogy. No offense to old actors, but you know? It's not 1983 anymore.
What do you mean it was predictable that they would female Terminator, so we can see a woman's buttocks? Are you saying that the only reason they made the TX a woman was to see her buttocks?

I think they had more in mind for her for that, than that being the only reason.

Hello there! I prefer Terminator 2. The effects were more modern and technically better than those of the first part. It is much more action-packed and entertaining as well, while T1 was into horror genre. However, in the first, Terminator was more menacing than that in the second one. Have a nice day!

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Someone should really make a thread and name it "T3 or Genisys".

How can anything be worse than Genisys is beyond my understanding...

Did you like Dark Fate?

I know most people will disagree, but I think The Terminator is better than Terminator 2. I realize the second has outstanding special effects, but I feel the original film had a better story, and just a better feel. Not to mention the soundtrack on the first Terminator was better too, IMV. More thrilling and suspenseful. Let me explain.

For one, the sequel added more of comedic overtone to parts of the film.
In T2, Arnold's character was portrayed as a bit comical at times and the whole thing with the boy training the machine to be more human-like was kind of silly. Arnold Schwarzenegger's character also just seems like a giant dork in this film. It was much more menacing in the first film...more machine-like as it was supposed to be. The first Terminator film was more serious as a whole, which I like given its nature. I also like the love story in the original...makes it more emotional. Although at the end of T2, I guess it can be pretty emotional as well.
Many years ago I was drawn into a vicious debate about this on RT and I will still cut anyone who dumps on T1.

Terminator 1 by a mile

T1 is the classic Cameron love story in an action movie formula. T2 is the undoing of that story.

T2 breaks rules set in T1. Nothing dead can go through, thus human flesh must cover the robot, but now a liquid metal man can go through.

T2 has a whiny kid who uses a robot to maim people.

T2 is an open-loop time travel story as opposed to a closed-loop, bringing contradictions of time-travel stories to the fore. You can prove anything with a contradiction and T2 opened the way for all the morphing timelines that followed. It took a compact and complete story and fractured it into the shards of the imperfect reflections that followed.

T2's FX are not innovative. That morphing stuff was pioneered in The Abyss. The effect looks dated now. And this is all this film bring to the table. A CGI morphing bad guy. That's it. Finger knives. OK. Great.

Both are great in different ways. T1 is much more atmospheric, and easier to buy into. There's a darkness to the movie that makes it seem almost evil.

T2 is awesome, and really requires a surround sound system. It's a wild ride all up until one of the corniest face-pamiest ending I have ever been subjected to.