Favorite Comic Book Covers...

Tools    

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Once again, it's Free Comic Book Day. I always like to look for a fun cover to throw in the old comic book box. All the freebies are great, as always. This is my favorite variant purchase of the day...

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	portrait_incredible.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	30219  

I had a pretty long list in my head, but have narrowed it down to two so that this post doesn't take up too much space.

I really like the simplicity of the cover of Matt Fraction's Hawkeye #3

It might just be the colours, but I find the cover to Jason Aaron's Doctor Strange #12 to be very visually compelling.

I own both those issues. Jason Aaron's Doctor Strange is one of my favourite series ever, though one of the regular cover artists is absolutely horrible. That does at least help the good covers by other artists stand out more though haha. The book is getting a new creative team soon, and I'm very sad (though I will give the new writer a chance).

Matt Fraction's Hawkeye was pretty good, but when it started to focus on Kate Bishop I lost interest. I stopped reading a number of issues before the book ended and have never cared to go back and see how it ended.

I find it difficult to keep up with any established superheroes comics. I can read their graphic novels or limited series but i end up getting bored of their long running series. Much prefer stuff like Sandman and Preacher that had a clear end in sight. I want to read Alan Moore's Swamp Thing, TONGO suggested that to me and i think that'll be the next series i go for.

I also prefer books with a clear direction, which is why outside of the 2015 Doctor Strange (which has had a continuous, contained plot line), the only things I've been picking up by the issue are mini-series. Unworthy Thor was really good, and while I could definitely read that as an ongoing book, I'm glad it was self contained and well thought out.

Come to think of it, Unworthy Thor was also written by Jason Aaron. Maybe I should start following him around to other series instead of following specific characters.

I want to read Alan Moore's Swamp Thing, TONGO suggested that to me and i think that'll be the next series i go for.

I just bought that for my bf for his birthday.

btw, @Camo, I tend to generally prefer graphic novels like Sandman, Preacher (a friend of mine got me into Garth Ennis in a big way!)) etc too...but there is one traditional superhero I collect. Can't help it tbh, loved him since I was a child... Batman.

btw, @Camo, I tend to generally prefer graphic novels like Sandman, Preacher (a friend of mine got me into Garth Ennis in a big way!)) etc too...but there is one traditional superhero I collect. Can't help it tbh, loved him since I was a child... Batman.
Of course. I collected Batman as well as Spiderman all the time when i was a kid, and from time to time i buy some of his Graphic Novels, i just mean it's too much work now to keep up with an ongoing-neverending superhero series when Comics aren't one of my primary interests anymore.

This might just do nobody any good.
Not the biggest fan of this storyline but Brian Bolland's Batman is my favorite depiction of the character and his world (well, maybe after Mazzuchelli) -

Alex Ross deserves a mention as well...

Or a recent one for...

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Once again, it's Free Comic Book Day. I always like to look for a fun cover to throw in the old comic book box. All the freebies are great, as always. This is my favorite variant purchase of the day...

That looks like a Skottie Young. I really enjoy his work and I'm sure it has something to do with the Muppet Babies.

The Death of Wolverine variant is the only thing I have by him, but I would love to have more.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Blood: A Tale
Way more inspirational than a comic book mini-series should be. This one hit me deep.