Any NBA Basketball fans?

Tools    

He led the league in assists for centers, which fits perfect in that system. He average 25-10-5, and usually when a guy with personal issues tries to be "good" upon entering a team. Also, all his teammates say he's not only a great teammate, but a great guy who does a lot for the community sans hype... Another reason I think it might work is that he's coming in possible in January, and won't do things to ruin the flow. And if he is, they can play him less.. I wonder why the Lakers didn't sign him.

I think on defense, it's a downgrade from McGee to Cousins.. He wasn't fast laterally on defense before, and with this injury, who knows, but they're paying him less than many scrubs..
I don't know man. He's always put up numbers but has never won. Reports say Anthony Davis didn't want him back and they got better once he went down.

Rondo was basically brought in to be Lonzo's rabbi.

Lebron is definately clearing the team for Kwaii, developing the young players, clearing the field for Kwaii and winning an MVP this season.

C - Ivica Zubac (Javale McGee)
SF - Lebron James
PF - Kyle Kuzma, Brandon Ingram
SG - Josh Hart (Lance Stephensen) <Kwaii Leonard>
PG - Lonzo Ball (Rajan Rondo)
That doesn't look like a contender to me even with Kawhi. I would trade Kuzma in a heartbeat as I don't see him improving much.

Rondo has always had issues and he's not coming there to take a backseat to Ball in any way.

That doesn't look like a contender to me even with Kawhi. I would trade Kuzma in a heartbeat as I don't see him improving much.

Rondo has always had issues and he's not coming there to take a backseat to Ball in any way.

I'd trade him for Kwaii or an established All-Star but I expect him and Ingram to both have monster seasons.

I'd trade him for Kwaii or an established All-Star but I expect him and Ingram to both have monster seasons.
I like Ingram but he still looks a couple of years away to me. I wouldn't expect much from Kuzma; I see him as a career decent backup.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
The Lakers reportedly like Kuzma better than any of their young guys. He is apparently a gym rat and really gets after all aspects of his training. Engram's blood doesn't seem to be hot enough and he doesn't have as much fight in him, regardless of the talent.

The Boogie thing is interesting, because everybody passed on him...Achillies are hard to deal with, but I don't see the point of signing a guy that won't be in game shape till the playoffs and will have a need to be in the starting lineup. It says a lot that the Pelicans didn't want to keep him. Before the injury he is a max-level guy and he signed for the exemption with gsw.

I'm not a fan of the way the NBA salary cap works. It doesn't seem to help the small market teams out like in football. If guys don't want to come, you end up overpaying *Al Jefferson* , because you have to spend that money. Maybe it works for football because they have to sign so many guys and can't hide 5-6 league minimum players on the bench.

Good or bad, the Lakers and Warriors are great for the League whether I like it or not. The NBA is such a "product as a whole" that its great for business. Here's to that LA v. GS christmas day game.

I just wouldn't get too excited if I were a Laker's fan with that odd mix of players. As great as James is, he's getting up there and will be on the downside of his career before their young guys enter their prime. I think it would have been better if they had another losing season, got into the lottery, and then next year sign 2 younger max contract guys. They also lost their most consistent and productive player from last season in Julius Randle. The jury may still be out on him as well, but he's at the age when guys start to really figure it out. Kuzma is fine, but I think he's much closer to his ceiling than the typical player who's about to enter his second season. As far as Kawhi, I wouldn't put a ton of faith into a guy who quit on his team.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Kuzma is fine, but I think he's much closer to his ceiling than the typical player who's about to enter his second season.
Do you think this because he had a surprising season, especially being one of the last picks in the 1st round? Sometimes when a rookie comes in already very good (Tatum), some think "How much better can they be?" but I would hang on to Kuzma.. Trading Lonzo/Lavar makes sense, but they could wait til this off-season, when there will be MANY free great agents. Also, before making a huge commitment for a guy with one year left on his contract could come bit them later (Dwight Howard, etc).. He only played 8-9 games last year, and they might want to see him play a bit before taking such a gamble. I also think starting the season without him would show what fits, what doesn't, and other needs, which might mean keeping one of their younger players over another.. I liked Julius Randle, but he didn't like coming off the bench, or not getting enough time.

Kuzma went to 3 years of college and was older than most rookies, thus making him more NBA ready. I think that also means he has less room to grow than the average 20 year old. I would also be a little wary about anyone that has a good season for a bad team because someone is going to put up numbers. I think he'll be a fine player but not a star.

Kuzma went to 3 years of college and was older than most rookies, thus making him more NBA ready. I think that also means he has less room to grow than the average 20 year old. I would also be a little wary about anyone that has a good season for a bad team because someone is going to put up numbers. I think he'll be a fine player but not a star.
If he put the numbers he did last year for the rest of his career, he's still a steal at the end of the 1st round... It seems like half of the lottery picks are busts.

If he put the numbers he did last year for the rest of his career, he's still a steal at the end of the 1st round... It seems like half of the lottery picks are busts.
No question and he was most definitely a steal with where he was picked. I just think people are going overboard on him.

Any surprises from the pre-season? I think Jimmy Butler is a great player, I love his game, but he's been a prima dona... I hope this isn't the direction (pre-agency)..

I don't put much stock into the preseason, except for maybe seeing if some rookies are ready to play in the league. I am very excited for the Celtics. They are very talented, deep, and fun to watch. I believe they can challenge the Warriors.

I was gonna backtrack on not going to a Hornets game this year, because of how bad the team is being ran.

The exception was gonna be to see the Pelicans in November. Glad I thought better of it. That team still looks solid, but not the circus event that Zion makes it.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Raptors may potentially miss the playoffs. I dont think they will, but it's a possibility.

Glad to see Clippers beat Lakers too. LeBron is done with his annual finals appearances. Now if we could just have that happen to Brady in the NFL....

Raptors may potentially miss the playoffs. I dont think they will, but it's a possibility.

Glad to see Clippers beat Lakers too. LeBron is done with his annual finals appearances. Now if we could just have that happen to Brady in the NFL....

and they did it without Paul George... To me, Kahwi is the 2nd best player in the game, but I've always loved Patrick Beverly. He's a great defender, full of energy, fearless.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Leonard is damn good. I'm not sure what the Spurs were smoking with that fall out.

Other than George, there isn't a lot of top talent surrounding him, but he's going to deliver.

Leonard is damn good. I'm not sure what the Spurs were smoking with that fall out.

Other than George, there isn't a lot of top talent surrounding him, but he's going to deliver.
They have a very cohesive unit. Well balanced, very good team defense, all-around. I think they could win the title this year. The Lakers could win it, too.

It's still the East. Barring injury, Siakam, Van Vleet and Lowery almost guarantee the 3 seed.

I'm personally looking forward to how the Kyrie effect alters the Nets. They were on the rise, just like that C's team...