MoFo Turns 15; Knows Everything

Tools    

Yes, today is the site's birthday. On July 14th, 2000, the site officially launched. Which means it's been online for 15 years, which as you probably realize is a really high number for a website, and a really really absurdly high number for a forum.

As always, I want to thank all of you for being a part of this--the biggest part, as it so happens. As much as I have building stuff for you guys to use, how you use it (and how you invent new traditions and games and tournaments of your own) is always the fun part.

In honor of the 15th birthday, and as the title indicates, a small thank you: for today (and maybe a little longer), you can know everything. Meaning you can ask me all sorts of random questions about various site statistics and I'll do my best to answer. For example, you can ask me exactly how many times you've used a particular phrase, or how many posts of yours contain a specific smilie, or what the single longest review on the site is, etc.

I'm sure a handful will involve too much work to answer, but if it's not too extreme, I'll do it.

How many posts exist on the site altogether, and how many threads?
As of just now (but probably already out of date), there are 1,345,962 posts and 38,368 threads.

This includes all threads or posts that have been moved off the public board, as well as any that were "soft" deleted (which is most of the deletions). It doesn't include the ones that were totally removed (which is generally what happens to bulk spam).

What's the deal with airline food?
It's mediocre because of the preservatives and the environment in which it's consumed.

Master of My Domain
- In total, how many times were avatars changed?
- What is the most used smilie so far, and what is the least used?
- How many bad jokes have been made so far?
- Does SC spam posts count as actual posts?
- Will you give out a prize to the one who makes the 1,999,999th post?

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Congrats Yoda-- great forum, always fun to pontificate on MF --it's the potato-chip of forums, you keep coming back for more Here's to many more years.

Congrats Yoda-- great forum, always fun to pontificate on MF --it's the potato-chip of forums, you keep coming back for more Here's to many more years.

Once you MoFo, you can't StoFo.

A system of cells interlinked
How long have you been practicing VooDoo? (How else do you explain your team in fantasy baseball being in first?)

What was my first post on the site?

- In total, how many times were avatars changed?
- What is the most used smilie so far, and what is the least used?
These might be too intensive to measure. But I might be able to do the first with a few minutes' work. Let me get back to this one.

- How many bad jokes have been made so far?

- Does SC spam posts count as actual posts?
Yup. Way back in the day we discussed excluding certain forums from post counts, but decided against it.

- Will you give out a prize to the one who makes the 1,999,999th post?
Nah.

How long have you been practicing VooDoo? (How else do you explain your team in fantasy baseball being in first?)
Funny story, I actually just thought making little dolls of my enemies and stabbing them would be therapeutic. It was only later I found out this was magic. What a co-ink-ee-dink!

What was my first post on the site?
Here it is.

How many people are registered here?
Well, total users are 50,340. 42,177 are in the Registered group, but there thousands in the BANNED group and obviously a handful in the admin/mod groups.

How many of those people are regular users?
You'd have to define "regular users." Though most of the definitions you'd choose would be pretty hard to track. But if you have a few in mind I can tell you if any of them are feasible.

If you define it as people who've literally logged in today, it's usually about 150. But we have quite a few who log in just a little less frequently than that.

There's between 100 and 150 "regular" MoFos with around 80-100 of those being daily/hourly posters. I started the post counts so can answer that one for you.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Whatever happened to that TWTCommish guy? Y'know, the one you stole MoFo from.