Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho

Tools    

It's about the making of the film; it's not another remake or anything. Still odd, but just thought I'd point that out (and update the thread title accordingly).

I'm intrigued. It worked for Shadow of the Vampire, after all, which was a fictional account of the making of Nosferatu.

Semper Fooey
Sounds boring, the one they should make is the filming of Whatever Happened to Baby Jane as Crawford and Davis hated each other and were doing to each other behind the cameras what they were doing to each other in front of the cameras.

I'm looking forwards more to the one from the BBC with Sienna Miller called The Girl:

The Hitchcock centric film called The Girl is coming with Toby Jones as the iconic director and Sienna Miller as Tippi Hedren, the star of The Birds and Marnie. The BBC film chronicles the obsessive relationship Hitchcock had with the actress.

^That looks REALLY interesting. I'm also looking very forward to this Making of Psycho film. Should be interesting to see how Hopkins portrays Hitch.

Semper Fooey
I don't believe Hitchcock had an obsessive relationship with Hedrin. It is just Hedrin having a mad-on with Hitchcock because her acting career did not go well. I think Hitchcock did want to make an actor a star, he had a thing about that, as he never manged that in any of his movies he thought, he told Bruce Dern he would make him one with Family Plot (he didn't) and wanted to do that with Hedrin who he had under contract. He tried to do that earlier with Vera Miles also under contract, but you don't hear that wild stuff from her about Hitchcock or anyone else. He tried to do it a few times with other actors. The closest he got was with Maureen O'Hara who received her first big role in that movie with Charles Laughton, but it was one of Hitchcock's few flops. It did lead to her Hollywood contract. Laughton who produced the movie sold her contract to RKO and recommended her for Esmeralda in The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

This should be interesting. The cast looks great and Anthony Hopkins is a chameleon. Don't know much about the director, though and makes you wonder how she will be able to handle the starry personalities.
I wonder what Hitch would say about all this?

I can't wait for this. I'm a huge Hitchcock, Hopkins and Scarlett fan so all this packed together in one movie will totally rock. Aaaaahhhhhh Scarlett, gorgeous dream girl very talented too. And man, crazy how Hopkins looks like him. Woah.

I keep getting more and more excited for this film. I also have to say that whoever did the makeup for Anthony Hopkins should just get the Oscar now because it is scary how much he looks like Hitchcock.