Coronavirus

Tools    

I wish there was a way for me to help other veterans and the homeless but not sure how to do that without it being a big risk all around.
I volunteer at a weekly church food pantry, which is in a basement. We decided next week to move it outside. But now there is talk of closing down. This would be awful for people who either have no food stamps or only the minimum ($15 per month). Yesterday we had 161 people come through in 2 hours. I sincerely hope we stay open since this pandemic could last all year IMO.

Not sure what Garlic and Onions do but make you taste better for the zombie apocolypse that will never come.
My aunt always said to eat lots of garlic. She said it keeps you healthy. She lived to 99 years old so hey who knows?

Your aunt is right, @7thson . Garlic helps to prevent cold or cold like diseases, and is known as a blood purifier, because it lowers cholesterol and blood pressure.

Another good ingredient in these times is Turmeric. We here use it regularly to fight sore throats or even apply it on wounds because it's antiseptic.

What you can do is add a teaspoon of Turmeric powder in warm milk along with a bit of sugar. Drink it before bedtime. It will cure your colds and sore throat. If you have heat issues in your body then it will also work wonders against it. And it tastes really nice with warm milk and sugar.

My Grandmother Ate Bacon or Sausage every morning for breakfast and lived to be 98 and My Other Grandma Raised Hog Meat but she canned all things for a living and lived to be 96. My 98 grandma unfortunately didnt know who anyone was the last 11 years of her life and 96 died from 5 strokes. But She hadnt canned or ate any pork when she had her Strokes because of sugar.

You ready? You look ready.
I just figure if you smell like garlic people gunna stay away.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

The Adventure Starts Here!
I braved grocery shopping today, mostly to stock the freezer. Already had plenty of paper products. I laughed at the one non-toilet-paper item that was almost completely gone: BACON.

Welcome to western Pennsylvania!

Otherwise, a fair number of people in the store but nobody rushing around or acting any differently. I don't mind the stockpiling and such as long as people aren't panicking. It's being responsible without turning into a self-centered jerk.

My work should be fine because the liquor stores are telling me it's busier than ever. I've also been working part time Saturday and Sunday nights picking up patient's blood tests. Think I'll start wearing gloves since I go to all hospitals and clinics. I have a routine physical in 10 days, I will postpone that.

Trump just decalred national emergency which just mean panic will get worse. What happened with keeping citizens in the dark. I think rather have them days. If i was president i would have declared a gag order from all press to release any personal information on people sick. News and media have too much ease to spread panic then anything else.

You ready? You look ready.
Markets are bouncing back like crazy today. Never seen so much green in one day. $JCP bounced 46%, $INTC bounced 20%, $BB bounced 18%. Ridiculous.

But I'll probably burn, too. I just took advantage of this whole situation. Rebooked a hotel stay under an advance pay rate. Cost the same as my original rate and I get to keep my points. Plus, I can cancel it 24 hours ahead of time even tho its a nonrefundable rate.

Well we decided to go the grocery store after all. It is snowing, which hopefully will keep the crowds away. I'll report back on my journey
Back from shopping at Fred Meyers, noon time with sleet & snow. The store was more crowded than usual but not bad. The shelves were bare of many items, no: flour, rice, pasta and of course toilet paper! Me and the wife wore face mask and gloves. I'm glad we did, if nothing else it takes guts to do that...and my wife has to take care of her 101 year old grandmother so neither of us can afford to catch the cornonavirus and pass it on to older family members who have health problems.

So it's pizza night here at the CR's house, and of course I make it by hand

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Google is building a screening website to gain access to coronavirus testing, Trump says
https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/13/2...-thru-covid-19

President Trump declares a national emergency
Speech followed by a news conference

The governor of my state (Pennsylvania) just closed all schools for the next 10 days. I expect most states to follow suit, either for a week or two, or through the end of the month. Can always re-open, after all, if this mostly works and things peak quickly.

You can bet walmart stores wont close. I just thought of a cure take some Chuck Norris DNA and Stone Cold Steve Austin DNA and little Bruce Lee and inject it into a test subject and watch Corona get its ass kicked and walked dry

State of VA just closed all public k-12 schools for 2 weeks.
One might wonder why they're doing that. Evidently the virus is not affecting children:
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...zling-n1147951
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/05/h...-children.html
School closures not only put lots of people out of work, but they also might deprive children of acquiring natural immunity.