Here's How To View The DISLIKES On YouTube

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Every channel owner has the option of getting rid of it, which is why Google is extra stupid for getting rid of it. Many people use it as a guide, or to observe, sometimes like a rating system. Every change they make is for the worse, just like every other site.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...tube-dislikes/

Hmmm, I wonder if this does what it says? It would be weird for YouTube to hide the dislike count in the code of the page, for example. And it'd be a little weird for them to still make it available via API or something.

I do know a lot of people perform a basic calculation based on the number of likes and the number of views to calculate the "likely" dislikes, just to get a sense of things. I wonder if that's what this actually does.

I've seen one channel recently where the owner pins a comment to the top saying: "Like this comment if you dislike this video". Now that's class.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
MoFo got rid of dislikes, too, years ago.

Looks like MoFo inspired YouTube!!!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

You ready? You look ready.
YouTube is just doubling down on spam, hate, and fake news so they can sell more ads. They are pretty irrelevant these days.

I miss GeoCities and the internet of my youth.

YouTube is just doubling down on spam, hate, and fake news so they can sell more ads.
Is that a bad thing? I neither want nor need more ads, but I'll take it over spam, hate and fake news.

Is that a bad thing? I neither want nor need more ads, but I'll take it over spam, hate and fake news.
This change will let that stuff propagate better, so yeah, it’s a bad thing. We don’t want more spam, hate, and fake news. But YouTube is ready to serve it up cold.

A system of cells interlinked
We don’t want more spam, hate, and fake news. But YouTube is ready to serve it up cold.
Who decides what that is? The reason I ask is that for instance, last year, various social media companies declared certain subjects or discussions of subjects to be either hateful or fake news, or on the flip side, certain subjects or people that should be applauded, only to reverse the decisions on many of those subjects and/or people this year.

I know this sounds strange, but I will make the decision on what constitutes real or fake news, and what constitutes actual hate. Actually a bit surprised you would take the giant faceless corp's side in this one, unless I am misinterpreting your stance here.

Who decides what that is?
The algorithm. It knows all

My stance is that these companies have sowed hate and fake engagement for years. Few methods were available to combat that and dislike counts was one such way. By making this change YouTube has solidly decided that the end user is not to be trusted in any decision on their network. It’s a smoke screen designed to illicit media that distracts from the fact that they are already bought and paid for: the currency was hate.

Essentially user engagement was the end all be all metric that shifted power dynamics on social media. Hate and discord sowed more engagement so these companies leaned into it. Now it has come back to bite them in the ass and they are trying to spin the narrative to avoid damage.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Who decides what that is? The reason I ask is that for instance, last year, various social media companies declared certain subjects or discussions of subjects to be either hateful or fake news, or on the flip side, certain subjects or people that should be applauded, only to reverse the decisions on many of those subjects and/or people this year.

I know this sounds strange, but I will make the decision on what constitutes real or fake news, and what constitutes actual hate. Actually a bit surprised you would take the giant faceless corp's side in this one, unless I am misinterpreting your stance here.

That's the thing that angers me - I can't even decide to decide. And personally, when I hear someone is banned, that's when I want to check them out.

Per my earlier post, do we have any idea how it's arriving at this number? The plugin page doesn't say a thing and it's hard to imagine it has access to a real number here.

Per my earlier post, do we have any idea how it's arriving at this number? The plugin page doesn't say a thing and it's hard to imagine it has access to a real number here.
I’d suspect they haven’t rebuilt the API to hide it properly behind user permissions. But they are still counting because it’s part of report tools that creators can still look at. Kinda reinforces my idea they did this on a whim to spin

A system of cells interlinked
I’d suspect they haven’t rebuilt the API to hide it properly behind user permissions. But they are still counting because it’s part of report tools that creators can still look at. Kinda reinforces my idea they did this on a whim to spin
I was just going to say something like this - they probably put some band-aid on it, and someone found a way around it (for now).

API was one of my initial guesses but if so, geez, kind of an oversight? Or they just figure it's fine as long as the only people who see it have to go out of their way to.

If that is the case, though, I suspect they'll remove it from the API before long.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
RNG.
(I got my three-letter acronyms too, yo)

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear