MoFo Fantasy Baseball 2021 - Regular Season

Tools    

Meanwhile, uh, pretty sure that Mike Trout dude is not coming back. He was out for the year, but in the bad way where you still have to burn an IL slot on him because they keep stringing you along. Neat.

A system of cells interlinked
Meanwhile, uh, pretty sure that Mike Trout Sedai dude is coming back.
Thank you for the support!

YouTube broadcasts free MLB games every week and they've got a cool little shift indicator in the top right:

This should become standard in all broadcasts.

Well, someone did the math for me:

If you don't want to click...it's a lot. Like at least a dozen ranking points, more in leagues (like ours) where the things he's best at are particularly close.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
The Trout thing is just so sad, for like five reasons. Bleh.

On to something happier:

I actually needed something like this. Thanks for that.

You know its the last 2 days of the season when you add Noah Syndergaard and Cody Bellinger from waivers, and theyre both healthy.

PowderedWater/Chris......

https://tv.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/2e05...b-d09e9a928470

Fantasy baseball may have been a mess of weirdness and injuries, but baseball proper has been absolutely amazing this year. The final day is going to determine a ton of stuff, thanks in part to things like this:

I'd say I did pretty good this year all things considered. I literally threw away a stud round 2 pitcher who struggled earlier and I legitimately got next to nothing out of my first round pick. So if I can hang onto 4th place today I'll deem it a success.

Also 5th rounder barely played before season ending injury and traded 4th rounder Springer. So legitimately only got production out of 1 top 5 pick.

I agree with everything except the last bit, since you traded your 4th rounder for another 4th rounder who ended up being the second best player in fantasy behind Ohtani. If you directly turn a draft pick into production you got production from them, and in this case it was an absolute steal (pun intended).

In fact, if I don't make that trade (or even if Springer just doesn't go on the IL like three more times after it), that probably flips the whole season. But I can say that of like five different things right now.

I agree with everything except the last bit, since you traded your 4th rounder for another 4th rounder who ended up being the second best player in fantasy behind Ohtani. If you directly turn a draft pick into production you got production from them, and in this case it was an absolute steal (pun intended).

In fact, if I don't make that trade (or even if Springer just doesn't go on the IL like three more times after it), that probably flips the whole season. But I can say that of like five different things right now.
I didn't know steals were so valuable to make a guy the fifteenth best player. Although he has a good average, everything else is pretty average too. So yeah, you're right about that. I would have never knew he was that valuable though, it certainly never really felt that way.

I didn't know steals were so valuable to make a guy the fifteenth best player. Although he has a good average, everything else is pretty average too. So yeah, you're right about that. I would have never knew he was that valuable though, it certainly never really felt that way.
Steals are a lot rarer these days, yeah. But that wasn't all: he hit .308 in a year where averages were way lower than usual (making his average more valuable relative to the baseline). And he was valuable in all categories, which is really good for roto.

I'm not sure how Yahoo does its rankings, but on ESPN's Player rater he was the #1 OF and #3 overall player, and that format doesn't count OBP, which we use and which he was exceptional in, too. Just a bonkers season for him.

Steals are a lot rarer these days, yeah. But that wasn't all: he hit .308 in a year where averages were way lower than usual (making his average more valuable relative to the baseline). And he was valuable in all categories, which is really good for roto.

I'm not sure how Yahoo does its rankings, but on ESPN's Player rater he was the #1 OF and #3 overall player, and that format doesn't count OBP, which we use and which he was exceptional in, too. Just a bonkers season for him.
Must be harder to gauge in baseball than football and basketball.