Coronavirus

Tools    

That new UK lockdown sounds intense.
It's not as bad as the first lockdown by miles when you look past the economy side.

Schools and universities are staying open this time around, vulnerable people don't have to shield, public toilets can remain open so if you go somewhere outside you don't have to worry about trying to find a toilet, dentists and things like opticians can stay open and so on.

Social bubbles still count so people don't have to be alone if that is too much for them and could cause mental health issues.

And so on.

public toilets can remain open
Interesting you guys still have these. Try finding somewhere to pee here.

Interesting you guys still have these. Try finding somewhere to pee here.
There has been a sharp uptick of trucker bombs found at the side of the road in my area, which are soda bottles filled with urine.

I just went to a lab at Harvard to pick up a coronavirus sample that I was supposed to bring to the main testing lab in Ma. Security would not let me in because of coronavirus precautions. I told him the patient's life was on the line, which isn't true, and he told me to come back Monday LOL.

There has been a sharp uptick of trucker bombs found at the side of the road in my area, which are soda bottles filled with urine.
Nice. Personally, I prefer the guy who leaves a [small] used condom in front of my house every day.

It seems like this is never going away....
Unless you're in China...

Within 2 weeks - gone. No re-infections (statistical nils anyway)..

There are hijinks afoot - remains to be seen as to what exactly they are.

Watched a pretty cool vid of a guy over in Wuhan during their test the whole 11 million people thing. Here, we have 10 million cases. There, they test 11 million people to find almost zero. The city of Wuhan is almost completely back to normal. Even more fascinating is South Korea. In a city of over 35 million people the death toll is almost nonexistent. Didn't even really do a lockdown. Their bbq must be really strong.

The city of Wuhan is almost completely back to normal.
Well, good for them. Too bad we are suffering due to the virus that began in Wuhan.

Alarmed to see 8 National Guard guys eat lunch outside at the weekend. Sitting very close together at a relatively small table & nobody had a mask. Sure, it was outside, but still.

Alarmed to see 8 Army Reserve guys eat lunch outside at the weekend. Sitting very close together at a relatively small table & nobody had a mask. Sure, it was outside, but still.
Maybe they get tested regularly? Even still, I know what you mean.

Maybe they get tested regularly? Even still, I know what you mean.
Edited my post to say National Guard. Couldn’t think of the term earlier.

I just imagined being one of them who was afraid to put on a mask in fear of being thought a cissy.

Edited my post to say National Guard. Couldn’t think of the term earlier.

I just imagined being one of them who was afraid to put on a mask in fear of being thought a cissy.
Yea I bet that happens quite a bit.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Unless you're in China...

Within 2 weeks - gone. No re-infections (statistical nils anyway)..

There are hijinks afoot - remains to be seen as to what exactly they are.

When I was in Asia for a month (almost ten years ago), many people wore masks. When I asked a local about this (and adding there was no pollution) they said it was to avoid illness.

When I was in Asia for a month (almost ten years ago), many people wore masks. When I asked a local about this (and adding there was no pollution) they said it was to avoid illness.
Before the pandemic it wasn't all that rare to see Asians in America wearing them.

I thought they wore masks to hide all the evil? That's not true?

So if we follow that line of thinking then mask wearing is able to corral and negate the virus within a few weeks?

Actually, maybe because they were wearing masks to begin with far less people were infected?

I don't know - just thought the stat was interesting.