Bad Movies with great casts?

Tools    

Mars Attacks - yeah it is supposed to be bad, but - yeah it is.

The Departed is better than Infernal Affairs. Just because a movie happens to be a remake of a foreign film that not as many people have seen doesn't automatically make it inferior. Most of the time it isn't as good, rarely it's better.

"The Departed was great!"

"Oh man, you like Hollywood remakes? That's lame"

"It's a remake? I didn't know that."

"Ya, and I've like, seen the original. Have you seen it? Didn't think so, but I have. It's waaaayyy better, man. It came first."

That's like, just my opinion, man. Trying to be obscure for the sake of it. I have both on DVD and if forced to choose, four out of five times I'd pick The Departed to watch. Fo sho. A bad movie? Ha!
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

The Departed is better than Infernal Affairs. Just because a movie happens to be a remake of a foreign film that not as many people have seen doesn't automatically make it inferior. Most of the time it isn't as good, rarely it's better.

"The Departed was great!"

"Oh man, you like Hollywood remakes? That's lame"

"It's a remake? I didn't know that."

"Ya, and I've like, seen the original. Have you seen it? Didn't think so, but I have. It's waaaayyy better, man. It came first."

That's like, just my opinion, man. Trying to be obscure for the sake of it. I have both on DVD and if forced to choose, four out of five times I'd pick The Departed to watch. Fo sho. A bad movie? Ha!
HAHAHA you nailed it. I do still need to see Infernal Affairs, but so many people 'prefer' Affairs for exactly that reason.

See the trailer here:

Welcome to the human race...
You make a good argument, Mr. Lime. If I ever find my life gets to the point where I feel the ardent need to re-watch Departed, I'll reconsider.

First movie that comes to my mind is Mr. & Mrs. Smith. Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt and Vince Vaughn are all great actors, but this movie just didn't turn out the way it should. Vaughn was hardly in the movie and although there is great chemistry between the leading roles, the story itself is just too lame. Even the greatest actors couldn't have made this one into a success.

Once Upon a Time in Mexico comes to mind. I waited years for a sequel to Desperado, which is one of my favorite action films, and heard about the cast, and assumed lightning would strike twice. I was wrong.

Female Jungle Poster
For some inexplicable reason, this one just didn't do it for me (and I usually dig this type of movie):

"Exit, pursued by a bear." ~

Once Upon a Time in Mexico comes to mind. I waited years for a sequel to Desperado, which is one of my favorite action films, and heard about the cast, and assumed lightning would strike twice. I was wrong.
i actually liked that movie untill the sort of vampire creatures came in.

Welcome to the human race...
i actually liked that movie untill the sort of vampire creatures came in.
I think you're thinking of From Dusk Till Dawn, not Once Upon a Time in Mexico.

Back on topic, Escape From L.A. fits the bill perfectly (although I admit I actually kind of like it).

I think you're thinking of From Dusk Till Dawn, not Once Upon a Time in Mexico.

Back on topic, Escape From L.A. fits the bill perfectly (although I admit I actually kind of like it).
oh yea , my mistake thanks for the heads up.

An Auto-Bot that reviews movies....
I'd have to say, Kill Bill. It has a reasonably good Cast.
Another I would agree, the Spirit.
Hack I'm going to say Hero as well, starring Jet Li. I believe some of those actors were rather big.

The Poseidon Adventure (1972)
The Towering Inferno
Never was too crazy about The Towering Inferno but I always kinda liked The Poseidon Adventure... which, I'll admit, was a little cheesy in places but, for me, still better than a lot of the other disaster movies back then...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)