Best "Long Take" shots in film

Tools    

Since nobody has mentioned it yet, the Copa shot from GoodFellas

This was the very first thing which I thought of when reading the OP. Surprised it took this long.

A system of cells interlinked
I agree about "Children". The car chase scene was so impressive because of all the switches in action, in and out of the moving car, etc. Don't know how they did that, but I heard it took them 4 days of tries to finally get one.
[/url]
I can't recall where I saw it, perhaps it was on the DVD extras, but there is a making-of feature that explains the car they built to pull this shot off. They carved up a vehicle with all sorts of grooves and tracks installed for a remote controlled camera that glided all around, in a and out of the vehicle. Really inventive stuff.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Yeah, that was amazing. Also, on a slightly "lesser" tone but the last two seasons of Cobra Kai have ended with two impressive long takes featuring massive fights (first one in a school, second one in a guest house). You kinda see the seams in the fight choreography a bit, but I don't think that makes it any less impressive, in terms of the logistic of it all.

Blackface aside, this is an impressive one from one of Hitchcock's old films, Young and Innocent.

Film is pretty solid too.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Johnnie To's Breaking News has a very nice long shot opening scene

And Prachya Pinkaew's The Protector (aka Tom Yum Goong) has a nifty long take fight scene

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Not 100% sure of this topic, but I guess there were long takes in Belá Tarr’s The Turin Horse. Sátántangó too.
Yeah, most of his films are built of mastershots. All but his early social dramas. His adaptation of Macbeth is made of only two shots. The second shot is 57 (sic!) minutes long.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Another film I loved recently with lots of long takes, Brian De Palma's Snake Eyes. Here's the opening.

Edit: Just saw Minio beat me to this on the last page, my bad!

You ready? You look ready.
Dunno if this counts but that long take in Extraction was pretty visceral, and it certainly added something to the movie since the actors were exhausted by the time they got everything they needed.

Sure it has some stitching but quite a few are tough to spot.

[Carlito's Way] Yeah, when they're chasing him across the station.
Yeah, that's a nice one. The long take actually ends at about 2:23 when they cut to the fat mobster coming up the stairs. Nice music by Patrick Doyle. Hard to believe that it was 28 years ago!

This is from The Secret in Their Eyes (2009) no subtitles

Don't watch the clip if you're in the HoF but haven't watched the movie yet
Yeah! What a great long dolly shot starting with an aerial view of the stadium. I'm not sure if they had drones then, so it may have started off with a helicopter, then a cut when they swept from the goal posts to the stands, then maybe another when they either cut, or handed off the camera to start the long crowd and action scenes. Very impressive.

Yeah! What a great long dolly shot starting with an aerial view of the stadium. I'm not sure if they had drones then, so it may have started off with a helicopter, then a cut when they swept from the goal posts to the stands, then maybe another when they either cut, or handed off the camera to start the long crowd and action scenes. Very impressive.
It's chopper to crane with added VFX:

Blackface aside, this is an impressive one from one of Hitchcock's old films, Young and Innocent.

Film is pretty solid too.
I was looking for that one and couldn't find it. Pretty impressive for 1937. That's one of the early dolly long takes that I can think of. There may be others, but this is definitely an early example from the master.

Another film I loved recently with lots of long takes, Brian De Palma's Snake Eyes. Here's the opening.

Edit: Just saw Minio beat me to this on the last page, my bad!
Great design, great long take, great work by Nicholas Cage. In scenes that long and with so many involved it must be nerve-racking to get a good one. If someone screws up, they have to do it ALL over again...

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Bi Gan's two films end with extremely long (and even more extremely impressive) mastershots.

Kaili Blues - 41 minutes
Long Days Journey Into Night - 59 minutes

Obviously, no links but both films are masterpieces! (their trailers are trash, don't watch them)

Bi Gan's two films end with extremely long (and even more extremely impressive) mastershots.

Kaili Blues - 41 minutes
Long Days Journey Into Night - 59 minutes

Obviously, no links but both films are masterpieces! (their trailers are trash, don't watch them)
Both amazing films. He puts cameras on the back of motorcycles and cable cars mid scene!