Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

You're going to see the movie or a part of it? That doesn't count as a watch
I was looking forward to this film, partially because i like Chloe Sevigny. Her part in the film was short, around 15 minutes, in a single scene. She did a good job, but totally unnecessary by Gallo to go in that direction. It drags down the impression of the film.

Gallo re edited the film, after it was slaughtered in Cannes. Roger Ebert said it was the worst film in history of Cannes. He later reviewed the new version, and rated it three stars.
Gallo later blamed Ebert for the poor reception in Cannes. But he also realized it had some obvious flaws.
I would probably recommend seeing the re edited ( shorter) version. It is a decent road movie, and i think Gallo did a good job on the film.

I’m shivering by a lit fireplace in my house and just can’t get warm. Just as I got the migraines more or less under control (a whole migraine-free week today, yay yay yay!), I’ve caught a cold. So, as I’m trying to keep warm, I’ve decided to watch the below for contrast…

I hate, hate found footage. Not the entire genre, of course, but everyone staring into the camera is incredibly distracting.
Anyway, within the first few minutes we see teens driving and bellowing out Jessie J.’s Price Tag. So, I remembered what you said, @Takoma11, about teenage boys and Cardi B. Maybe you’re right. What a fun person you are, either way. I’m not being sarcastic in case it comes off that way, you really are a fun person.
Anyhow, this one isn’t working either. Can’t do found footage.

Take that back. This is pretty good now, after a slow start. But I still don’t like the nosebleeds, far too overdone.

There is definitely a fun element to this kind of as-you-go review.

I hate, hate found footage. Not the entire genre, of course, but everyone staring into the camera is incredibly distracting.
Anyway, within the first few minutes we see teens driving and bellowing out Jessie J.’s Price Tag. So, I remembered what you said, @Takoma11, about teenage boys and Cardi B. Maybe you’re right. What a fun person you are, either way. I’m not being sarcastic in case it comes off that way, you really are a fun person.
Anyhow, this one isn’t working either. Can’t do found footage.
Aw, too bad! I enjoyed Chronicle and I am definitely not a found footage person.

Aw, too bad! I enjoyed Chronicle and I am definitely not a found footage person.
I actually think that was a case of me having been too quick to pass judgment. It’s getting much better now. The opening 10 are a bit sluggish, but once it kicks into gear it’s good. Not Primer but quite engaging.

I’m not at all sure I know what “found footage” means.

I actually think that was a case of me having been too quick to pass judgment. It’s getting much better now. The opening 10 are a bit sluggish, but once it kicks into gear it’s good. Not Primer but quite engaging.
It isn't perfect, but I think it's pretty solid. And it was my first introduction to Michael B Jordan, and it was exciting to see such a fresh talent. (Not to mention Dane DeHaan).

I’m not at all sure I know what “found footage” means.
Any film where the conceit is that the movie you are watching (or a significant chunk of it) was filmed by the people in the film or something to that effect. The Blair Witch Project is a good example.

Because it gives you a good excuse to film with a lower quality look and less composed, I feel like a lot of time they are not that visually engaging. And since the idea is that the people in the movie are filming the movie, it starts to stretch the imagination sometimes that someone would still be filming.

There are some decent films of this sort, like The Tunnel.

It isn't perfect, but I think it's pretty solid. And it was my first introduction to Michael B Jordan, and it was exciting to see such a fresh talent. (Not to mention Dane DeHaan).

Any film where the conceit is that the movie you are watching (or a significant chunk of it) was filmed by the people in the film or something to that effect. The Blair Witch Project is a good example.

Because it gives you a good excuse to film with a lower quality look and less composed, I feel like a lot of time they are not that visually engaging. And since the idea is that the people in the movie are filming the movie, it starts to stretch the imagination sometimes that someone would still be filming.

There are some decent films of this sort, like The Tunnel.
The 2016 The Tunnel? That is just beautiful.