Watching Movies Alone with crumbsroom

Tools    

I'm cool with whatever people consume, whether it be eclairs from the garbage or marble rye, or even jambalaya.*
Look to the cookie, Rock. Look to the cookie.

In a fit of deeply dysfunctional musical venting.....

Let It Be > Abbey Road

I haven't held this opinion for very long. In fact I just stumbled upon it. But I think it holds up.
It holds up for a couple of songs. "Dig a Pony" > "Come Together"; "I've Got a Feeling" > "The End"; "Two of Us" > "Here Comes the Sun". "Dig It" is definitely > "Polythene Pam".

But the Spectorized orchestral recordings are far worse than the sappiest, soperific-est "Slumbers" imaginable.

It holds up for a couple of songs. "Dig a Pony" > "Come Together"; "I've Got a Feeling" > "The End"; "Two of Us" > "Here Comes the Sun". "Dig It" is definitely > "Polythene Pam".

But the Spectorized orchestral recordings are far worse than the sappiest, soperific-est "Slumbers" imaginable.

Am I on record that I don't like Come Together?

If it was some kind of sorta overlooked song like "I'm So Tired", and it was on side four of The White Lbum, I'd probably enjoy talking about how it is one of the great forgotten Beatles songs. But when thinking about their best stuff, and it shows up, merp, nope

Don't Pass Me By > Come Together

Long Long Long > Don't Pass Me By

For some perspective, "Come Together" isn't "Silver Hammer" levels of crap. I still like "Come Together" just fine, but it is a bit overplayed, like a couple dozen other Beatle classics.

My tastes may be skewed at the moment. During the pandemic, I went through the Get Back session tapes again, in the form of New Blue Soap, a "spectral mix" that more carefully balances the two camera sources into a simulated dimensional stereo. I'm constantly amazed at some of the work that dedicated audiophiles have been able to accomplish with less-than-desirable audio sources, which nowadays put to shame the early-aughts efforts of overapplying compression and digital filters. But eventually, I just folded these spectral mixes into mono, and they sound better than ever, really solid and robust fidelity. Better than Naked anyway.

I like Samurai Cop alot. But, as mentioned before, Hollywood Cop is the Shervan mana..

I almost added Breen to my 'cold list', until I realized that was dumb, and that Neil Breen screams into the abyss just as loudly as Ed Wood.
Samurai Cop>Hollywood Cop>Killing American Style>Young Rebels

*spits again*

I bailed on Killing American Style when I tried watching it last year. A little too polished to be fun in its badness the way Samurai Cop is.

I bailed on Killing American Style when I tried watching it last year. A little too polished to be fun in its badness the way Samurai Cop is.
Wrong.

*spits on Rock’s shoes*

Ringo Starr > Leon Russell
Fixed and agreed.

Good thing I wore these.

You always looked good in white pumps. Too bad you forgot those little umbrellas.

*spits on Rock’s disturbingly feminine ankles*

Let's not overlook Zombie Nightmare here. Not as deleriously inept as Rock n Roll Nightmare, but a lot of rancid fun nonetheless. I like how the wig on the zombie is different in literally every scene. I appreciate a zombie who understands the value of avoiding coif redundancy.

Some things are so GOAT they become invisible.

Do you want your throat back?