Movie Forums Top Foreign Language Films Countdown - Preliminary Thread

→ in
Tools    

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I sent my list in. Can't wait to get 0/25.
Well I can't guarantee you the 0. Your #1 is a fairly popular film and you aren't the first person to vote for it. We'll have to wait and see if it makes the countdown in the end though.

Ballot sent, can't see me watching anything new that's gonna crack my personal Top 25 in the next few days.

Hoping The Shawshank Redemption is eligible - I did watch a French dubbed version of it on dvd
Sorry, the other people to vote for Shawshank specified the Dutch dub and the Swedish dub so it's looking unlikely

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
My #1 is a fairly perfect film, so I will take it as an affront if it doesn't make the list.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I'll be sitting this one out since I'm not a fan of foreign films and plus it would be late for me to do a list since I'm recently working on my 2000's movies list. I'll be checking in and out on the countdown though when it starts.

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
This should be pretty exciting. I'll be sending mine in a few days before the deadline.

35 lists in now, and we have enough films with 25+ points on 2+ ballots to make a top 100.

The more lists, the merrier, keep them coming!

Has anyone asked about silent films with foreign subtitles yet?

If so, just point me in the right direction to look.

Has anyone asked about silent films with foreign subtitles yet?

If so, just point me in the right direction to look.
Point

More point

I just started to compile my list. Should we ask here about eligibility for certain films?

I just started to compile my list. Should we ask here about eligibility for certain films?
From the first page of this thread...
Eligibility questions

Closed

Foreign made silent/dialogue-free films - eligible
War and Peace (1966) - eligible

Open (feel free to comment and suggest)

Italian made dubbed films
Suggested ruling: Yes, if they are mostly available/best known in a foreign langauge e.g. Suspiria, The Leopard. No, if they are mostly available/best known in English e.g. The Good the Bad and the Ugly

Berlin Alexanderplatz (1980)
No, because it is listed on imdb and wikipedia as a tv mini series.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

From the first page of this thread...
Yes, but I was more curious about certain films that feature two languages. For example, Villeneuve's Polytechnique.

Yes, but I was more curious about certain films that feature two languages. For example, Villeneuve's Polytechnique.
To be more clear, there's just certain films that are foreign but I know feature two or three languages. However, I haven't seen them in a while so I'm not entirely sure of the ratio of English vs. the other languages.