Rank the following neo noir thrillers

Tools    

Have you seen Se7en? And if so, I guess I would be wondering why you wouldn't consider it good.
Se7en is one of the one's I have seen, though it has admittedly been a very long time since I've seen it. All I remember is the hokey gimmick, all the lead roles played by actors I can't stand most of the time and the silly ending of course. I thought it was mid way back when I was much more open to both Fincher and this genre as a whole so I don't think a rewatch would do it any favours with me, but you never know I suppose.

1. Se7en
2. Collateral
3. Nightcrawler
4. No Country For Old Men
5. A History of Violence
6. Memento
7. Drive
8. The Usual Suspects

Sometimes I wonder about these threads. Does perception not depend on the circumstances in which you’re watching something, meaning sometimes you might rank something higher than you perhaps would otherwise? Especially if all the films are known to be good. We’re not talking ‘Compare Showgirls to The Godfather’.

I was reading this article over the weekend - The Films of Cocaine Noir - which coins a specific genre of neo-noir from the 80s, distinct from the 70s neo-noir (Chinatown, Last Goodbye) and what it calls "erotic thrillers" that would later emerge (Fatal Attraction, Basic Instinct). I think the distinction with the latter is more dubious (aren't they all erotic thrillers?), but I do think that you could make a case for a type of noir which is indelibly 80s. Body Heat is the flagship here, and also included are Crimes of Passion, Someone to Watch Over Me, Street Smart, White of the Eye (which I haven't seen) and Internal Affairs (mistitled here for some reason). These are mostly good examples (Pacific Heights, however, is terrible), but it isn't hard to think of many others: Postman Always Rings Twice, Sea of Love, Big Easy, Tequila Sunrise, Against All Odds. I'm sure anyone could name a dozen more.

For my money, if I had to pick an 80s neo-noir (or more of a noir parody) that has a palpable cocaine presence, I think it would have to be Into The Night, a John Landis film that is one of the most 80s films made in the eye of that particular cultural hurricane.

We’re not talking ‘Compare Showgirls to The Godfather’.
Because we want to give The Godfather a chance, right?

Because we want to give The Godfather a chance, right?
I mean, for all my perceived snobbishness, I can see why people will think Showgirls is more fun. But I don’t know if anyone would unironically rank it higher.

In what order would you put the following...Se7en, Drive, No Country For Old Men, Thief, A History of Violence, Memento, Nightcrawler, The Usual Suspects, Body Heat, Collateral.
Unseen: Body Heat
Unseen: Thief

8. Drive
7. Nightcrawler
6. Collateral
5. A History of Violence
4. Memento
3. The Usual Suspects
2. No Country For Old Men
1. Se7en

In what order would you put the following...Se7en, Drive, No Country For Old Men, Thief, A History of Violence, Memento, Nightcrawler, The Usual Suspects, Body Heat, Collateral.
Out of the ones I've seen, I'd rank from best to worst...

No Country
Memento
Drive
The Usual Suspects
Thief
Collateral
Nightcrawler
Se7en
History Of Violence

Welcome to the human race...
1. No Country for Old Men
2. Thief