Is Movie Forums DYING?

Tools    

I'm glad you're back.

I also thought it'd be nice to have the Sexy Celebrity and Camo accounts to have avatars. I think I said it somewhere...

We've gone on holiday by mistake
What happened with Camo? why/where did he ask to get banned?

You ready? You look ready.
Have I mentioned I like movies?
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

If Movie Forums was at its peak performance, that never would have happened. It didn't happen around 2011-2014, the last Golden Years of Movie Forums.
The reason I disagree with this, is that, in those years, it seemed like more people LIVED on here. It DOMINATED some people's existence, maintaining a state of constant activity.

Having a life, and enjoying discussing interests with friends and acquaintances on the forum when you can- That's more a sign of a place actually becoming less sad and more mature.

Wanna echo what nostromo said: not all activity is sustainable. People who live on a forum tend to burn out. It seems healthier until suddenly it's not.

Communities are pretty complicated. Probably because they're made up of people.

Just my own side of things:
2. Quizzes are on the up and up, more being added, and more people taking them
I'm back at my old job so I'll probably do some more soon due to boredom

I lived on here. Yes. I get the picture.

Can’t believe Nostromo87 is practically a moderator now. Wasn’t he BANNED meat not that long ago?

You guys do realize moderators have actions available between "this person is banned" and "nobody's doing anything about this person," right? You also realize that if something gets deleted, you don't see it, and if I warn someone, I deliberately don't make a big public show of it?

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
The reason I disagree with this, is that, in those years, it seemed like more people LIVED on here. It DOMINATED some people's existence, maintaining a state of constant activity.

Having a life, and enjoying discussing interests with friends and acquaintances on the forum when you can- That's more a sign of a place actually becoming less sad and more mature.
AHHAHAHAHA YUP

that used to be me. and a few others.

actually, some people still kinda live on here.

I just don't understand the logic of people who have been given a second (or third, or, uh...fourth) chance questioning others getting the same treatment.

People would be surprised at how many of their favorite members over the years were banned early on, or did something bad early on, or whatever, but who got a pass and ended up contributing a lot to the community.

Can’t believe Nostromo87 is practically a moderator now. Wasn’t he BANNED meat not that long ago?
Mistakes were made in my approach to the most recent Presidential Election due to a childish parading mindset born out of the 2011-2014 era of the forum. The Community voted in @Citizen Rules ' Thread on the future, you can get onboard or get left in your own cloud of dust.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	MFmw.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	50225  

Mistakes were made in my approach to the most recent Presidential Election due to a childish parading mindset born out of the 2011-2014 era of the forum. The Community voted in @Citizen Rules ' Thread on the future, you can get onboard or get left in your own cloud of dust.

Did I walk into The Stepford Wives? Are you a robot now?