Quirky As Cuss: The Wes Anderson Fan Club

Tools    

I loved Cobpyth's idea of making director fan clubs. I am hoping that we will take it a step further and have some interaction about those directors we love and their movies. Probably once a week I am hopeful to post something about Wes Anderson to get the conversation started. Talk about the movies you love and why, favorite characters, favorite scenes, your library. Whatever gets you going about this great director and moves the conversation forward.

Fan Club Members:
- Cobpyth
- Frightened Inmate No. 2
- Godoggo
- The Gunslinger45
- Holden Pike
- Seanc (President)
- Sexy Celebrity
- Swan
- mrtylerdurden

Found his shorts the other night. Enjoyable, as short as they are. Gotta say the first time I saw Schwartzman I didn't think he would be an actor I like. Now Rushmore and Huckabees are two of my favorite comedies. I don't know that the Moonrise one is so much a short as a promo but it's on his IMDB credits and probably the one I enjoyed the most.

Castello Cavalcanti:

Hotel Chevalier:

Bottle Rocket:

Cousin Ben Troop Screening:

Cast:

Luke Wilson
Owen Wilson
Robert Musgrave
James Caan

" What a lemon! One minute it's running like a top, and the next it's broken down on the side of the road. And I can't fix a car like this, because I don't have the tools! And even if I did have the tools I don't know if I could fix a car like this!"

"He's out. And you're out, too. And I dont think I'm in, either. No gang!"

" Hey, hey, shh, shh, shh. Come on. Be sensitive to the fact that other people are not comfortable talking about emotional disturbances. Um, you know, I am, I'm fine with that, but... other people."

Such a great film!

I'm looking forward to introducing Wes Anderson to my sisters, as I'd really love to rewatch all of his films. I already showed them all of his shorts a while ago (I'm in love with the Castello Cavalcanti short myself) and I took my oldest sister to the theater to go and see The Grand Budapest Hotel (and she loved it).

Bottle Rocket is Wes Anderson's first film but the last one of his that I watched. I was blown away at how well written and fun this movie is. It is not my favorite but it is pretty far up the rankings. Aesthetically it is different than his other films but the writing and great characters were there from the very beginning. The third scene I posted above may be the hardest I ever laughed in an Anderson movie. The visual of Luke Wilson outside on the bench quietly chatting while Owen Wilson is being pummeled in the bar behind is brilliant. Very fun movie and one I can't wait to see again.

What do you guys think of Bottle Rocket?

Such a great film!

I'm looking forward to introducing Wes Anderson to my sisters, as I'd really love to rewatch all of his films. I already showed them all of his shorts a while ago (I'm in love with the Castello Cavalcanti short myself) and I took my oldest sister to the theater to go and see The Grand Budapest Hotel (and she loved it).
I took my mom to see Grand Budapest, her first Anderson. She really liked it as well. The more I re-watch his films and think about them, the more I love his films.

I really liked Bottle Rocket. It is my third favorite film by Anderson behind The Grand Budapest Hotel and Moonrise Kingdom. What can I say I am a sucker for a crime caper. And Wes found a way to make it quirky and very enjoyable.

Dont know if any of you are podcast junkies like myself. The Auteur Cast has just finished up the works of Wes Anderson. This is not a cast I listen to all the time but have come back to it occasionally when they are doing a director I like. I just noticed in my facebook feed they have been doing Wes Anderson. They dedicate a cast to each film and then one to his entire work so I have a few hours of listening, I am looking forward to it.

Dont know if any of you are podcast junkies like myself. The Auteur Cast has just finished up the works of Wes Anderson. This is not a cast I listen to all the time but have come back to it occasionally when they are doing a director I like. I just noticed in my facebook feed they have been doing Wes Anderson. They dedicate a cast to each film and then one to his entire work so I have a few hours of listening, I am looking forward to it.
My friend you have just provided me with tons of listening material for my move next week! Thank you!

Cast:
Jason Schwartzman
Bill Murray
Olivia Williams

"My top schools where I want to apply to are Oxford and the Sorbonne. My safety's Harvard."

"Maybe I'm spending too much of my time starting up clubs and putting on plays. I should probably be trying harder to score chicks."

"You guys have it real easy. I never had it like this where I grew up. But I send my kids here because the fact is you go to one of the best schools in the country: Rushmore. Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and you're going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you."