Lohan to get 90 days

Tools    

For violating her parole and having two counts of DUI Lindsay Lohan will be entering the same Jail that Paris Hilton spent very little time in. I hope this helps out Lohan and she does have to do the max. 90 days and then has to attend a rehab facility. Hopefully this may get her straight and back to making movies like Mean Girls.

Semper Fooey
She's too old to make any more Mean Girls. I think Lohan is a much tougher babe than Paris Hilton and it is going to take a lot more than 90 days to straighten her out. If she even serves 90 days as this County Sheriff has the power to release all the pretty young Hollywood types early due to overcrowded jail conditions.

Not looking good. I thought for sure that heaving to wear a humiliating, clunky ankle bracelet around would have set her straight, but if it didn't, I dunno if a few months in a lightweight prison will make any difference -- especailly as it's likely to get whittled down by half or more.

As morbid as it sounds, I see no logical stopping point between this and death. If going to jail isn't a moment of clarity, or provide her with some degree of humility, I'm not sure what else would, and if she doesn't accquire any clarity or humility, I see no reason as to why she wouldn't keep abusing substances until she kills herself. Sad, but there it is. I just hope there's some little thing -- apart from going to jail or wearing monitoring bracelets -- which wakes her up. I don't know what it would be, but I hope it's something.

I see no logical stopping point between this and death. If going to jail isn't a moment of clarity, or provide her with some degree of humility, I'm not sure what else would, and if she doesn't [acquire] any clarity or humility, I see no reason as to why she wouldn't keep abusing substances until she kills herself. Sad, but there it is.
Yeah, but sometimes it isn't the first or even fourth time somebody has hit what, to the rest of the world, sure looks like bottom. Robert Downey Jr. had lots of lows and separate incidents and incarcerations before he finally got his shit together. Lohan may well not ever come out of this tailspin, of course, but it wouldn't be unprecedented if she did. Of course Robert is the exception to the rule.

I wouldn't place a wager on her making it at this point, the odds are definitely against her, but there's always a chance.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
I agree Yoda. I see an arrogance in her (lame excuses, FU written on her finger, clutching at freebies, etc), like a child. I'm thinking she's resigned herself to the fact that she's going to go out like Marilyn--might as well enjoy it. It's a shame she grew up in an environment focusing on money, fame and excess.

Semper Fooey
I must say I never thought Robert Downey would be where he is now as not that long ago he seemed to be on an unstoppable downward spiral. But he is a lot older than Lohan and maturity is also a problem with her.

Yeah, but sometimes it isn't the first or even fourth time somebody has hit what, to the rest of the world, sure looks like bottom. Robert Downey Jr. had lots of lows and separate incidents and incarcerations before he finally got his shit together. Lohan may well not ever come out of this tailspin, of course, but it wouldn't be unprecedented if she did. Of course Robert is the exception to the rule.
Totally true. I was a bit too young to remember some of the specifics, however: did he ever do anything as jaw-droppingly stupid and defiant as paint "f**k u" on his fingernails in a courtroom, or miss 9 consecutive mandated rehab meetings? My memory's hazy, but I'd always thought he went through the standard celebrity cycle: abuse, bottom out, go to rehab, get clean, relapse. Lindsay doesn't seem to ever even get to the "go to rehab" stage, at least not yet.

That said, this reminds me: I was thinking just the other day about all the people saying "oh, if only Robert Downey Jr. could get it together and realize his potential! He's so talented!" And then...he did. He's realized his potential, considerable as it was. He's adored by film lovers and casual fans alike. He takes serious, challenging roles from time to time, and excels in mainstream blockbuster fare, too.

I'm usually skeptical of statements like the ones made about Downey awhile back, because it's easy to extrapolate talent (in sports, music, or acting) to wonder how great someone's career might have been. It's fascinating that he actually did pull himself together and is as good as everyone had always said he could be. It wasn't conveniently unfalsifiable hyperbole. I hate that I'm using this word, but how neat is that?

The difference between Lindsay Lohan and Robert Downey, Jr.-and it's a considerable difference- is this: Downey, Jr. is one of the most talented actors of his generation, if not all time. Lohan, while a very good child to young adult actress, has not done anything of the magnitude of Downey, Jr.

For her to become successful again, she would have to do something she never really excelled at, which is act extremely well in a good movie. Downey Jr. had almost a decade of success and acclaim before he got into his worst trouble, and picked up with great work immediately afterward. I can count the number of good movies Lohan made on one hand. Her 'comeback' won't be so much a comeback as a breakthrough.

Many people doubted Downey would get back on top of things, but no one doubted he had the skill to. He's the kind of actor who, when he wants to become a serious, respected actor, chooses a serious role and nails it. Next year when Lindsay decides she wants to rekindle her career and be taken more seriously in the industry, she'll just make another I Know Who Killed Me. I could be wrong; I hope I am.

Another thing that's going to undermine her hopes at regaining success is her negative image in the business. Directors hate her, casts and crews hate her. They won't want to hire her because she may be a liability, and her diva bitchiness is not worth the hassle. Downey was a liability himself-there are now contract clauses modeled after his for unstable actors-but at least he wasn't a dick to everybody he worked with. Plus, he had so much talent that directors desired him despite the liability. Directors and producers were willing to stick their necks out for him because he was worth it.

A last thought, Lindsay is so far away from 'rock bottom' that it's funny how people dramatize her situation. She's gotten in trouble with the law on several occasions, yes, but she's never spent four months in county jail like Downey, Jr., or nearly a year in state prison like him, and she's certainly never wandered around the streets of L.A. barefoot high on coke like him. She hasn't starred in a movie or released an album just to finance her drug habit like some artists do. She hasn't withdrawn from friends and family and hidden in seclusion like the worst addicts do.

She's just an immature partier who hadn't until now fully grasped how serious her drinking and drug habits are.

Semper Fooey
Some stars turn their life around after it is too late to revive their careers. An example of that is Betty Hutton who was greatly disliked by many people who worked with her and whose erratic behavior helped torpedo her career. When she finally straightened out, rock bottom and penniless far from Hollywood, there was no career left and attempts to revive it by playing Mrs. Hannigan in Annie on the stage failed.

I have to say I don't really care for what she puts up her nose but DUI really makes my blood boil. If she wants to regurgitate her actions into a toilet bowl, so be it, but the idea that some poor sod could end up under the wheels of a car as a result of her actions makes me feel sick.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
They need to stop coddling these stars. Stick her ass in general population for 90 days and see how she fares.

You guys ready to let the dogs out?
Good riddance, the only two good things she made were Parent Trap and Mean Girls, and I only liked Parent Trap cos I was young and found it funny.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I really dislike her and all the other clones she bothers with, that damn Hilton plastic are all just media idiots

Employee of the Month
I like her, but she looks old. She wasted more chances than many other young actresses ever get. I guess it`s her own fault. She needs another environment, not so much bulemic It-Girls and a family who is planning the next "Living Lohan"-episode, while she is going down. Serious actors and artists would be helpful. She wants to end like Marilyn? Face it, girlie: Marylin Monroe was an movie-heroine, a sex-symbol ,a star on Hollywood Boulevard. Lindsay Lohan is just a lame excuse for the next best headline...right now. Theoretically she can make it and prove almost everyone wrong. But I have strong doubts. She doesn`t even realize, that the party is over. She is still playing a game that is already lost.

Due to over crowding, she'll probably only serve about 20 days of the sentence... but I'm with Loner... how ever many days she does serve should be in general population... She should have also been sentenced to some kind of community service that involved taking care of the victims of drunk drivers... particularly the ones who are incontinent....

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I am burdened with glorious purpose
One of the things that really annoyed me about Lohan was her reaction when she received her sentence. She was so incredibly shocked and just kept crying while the Judge was talking. Now, I'd have been crying, too, but it just struck me when I watched that it seemed she never believed she would be punished in any way for what she did. She apparently referred to the judge afterward as a "****ing bitch," as if the judge had done something so terrible to her.

It's like Yoda said, no humility here at all. Yes, she does need to do community service and see what people go through. Even if not helping drunk driver victims, but at least maybe helping addicts.... she just doesn't get it.

On a related note, I wonder why people are so interested in this whole thing. Back when Downey was going through it, it seemed so much more appropriate. I guess because he was a true talent and people saw that in him. With Lohan, it just seems like it's a media story because people love watching a train wreck, I guess. I don't even know why I'm interested!

I don't know if you can just put her in gen pop (it sounds so cool in Oz; might as well say it myself ). She has a celebrity status; it might get her into trouble if they put her in a cell with women who were charged for more serious things like murder or some other things I can't remember the correct English judicial names for right now.

I mean, this could end up bad. Imagine the press storm if she got beat up in jail or worse. I'm no sure if that is the right way to straighten her out. I'm more leaning towards a solution like community service, like Caity said. This would perhaps make her realise the possible consequences of her actions.

I don't know if you can just put her in gen pop (it sounds so cool in Oz; might as well say it myself ). She has a celebrity status; it might get her into trouble if they put her in a cell with women who were charged for more serious things like murder or some other things I can't remember the correct English judicial names for right now.

I mean, this could end up bad. Imagine the press storm if she got beat up in jail or worse. I'm no sure if that is the right way to straighten her out. I'm more leaning towards a solution like community service, like Caity said. This would perhaps make her realise the possible consequences of her actions.

Lohan very well could have hit and killed someone when she climbed behind the wheel drunk... and would, therefore, be nothing more than a murderer herself. I don't think she should get any special privileges... you wouldn't get them and neither would I. People get beat up everyday in jail... it's all just part of it and why, if you're smart, you avoid having to go there.

Semper Fooey
Spending a few days in jail seems to have done Paris Hilton some good. But she was just an immature spoiled brat, not an out of control addict.

For violating her parole and having two counts of DUI Lindsay Lohan will be entering the same Jail that Paris Hilton spent very little time in. I hope this helps out Lohan and she does have to do the max. 90 days and then has to attend a rehab facility. Hopefully this may get her straight and back to making movies like Mean Girls.
I understand the prison guards will go in every 9 days and paint one of her fingernails so she'll know when her time's up.