Gunless Movies

Tools    

hi all

ok lets make this interesting!!!

plz list any 5 movies that you think does not contain a single gun...
might sound easy BUT it must be at least relevant and it must contain max 1 movies per genre so don't come list 5 charlie Chaplin movies or 5 dramas lol let the fun begin

i need help from you guys on this to identify people taking chances lol

this is going to be difficult but i'm sure there are people with only time on there hands

drama - (500) Days of Summer
sci fi - 2001: A Space Odyssey
action/drama - Gladiator
comedy - Stepbrothers
animated - Finding Nemo

drama - (500) Days of Summer
sci fi - 2001: A Space Odyssey
action - Gladiator
comedy - Stepbrothers
animated - Finding Nemo
my kung fu is weak, i know i should have made it more than 5 movies

Period pieces aside...

drama - Castaway
dramedy- Bottleshock
action - Rocky
comedy - Airplane
Most animated and romance and sports movies

I can't think of any Westerns or Sci-Fi if you count phasers and lasers.

Interesting thread... when I think of it, there's gun play in everything from It's a Wonderful Life to Trading Places and a lot in between.

Drama-Lean On Me
Action-X-Men
Comedy-The Hangover
Sci-Fi-The Terminator
Western-3:10 To Yuma
Horror-Dead Silence

Period pieces aside...

I can't think of any Westerns or Sci-Fi if you count phasers and lasers.

Interesting thread... when I think of it, there's gun play in everything from It's a Wonderful Life to Trading Places and a lot in between.
thanx you it makes you think a bit - i once saw an action movie that also didn't contain a single gun and the movie was based on recent times and events not like gladiator or medi-evil movies where they haven't even invented guns lol

i actually should have added more detail in my thread to make it more difficult etc etc but its all fun...

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
My Dinner with Andre... although if Wallace Shawn pulled out a gun at the end, I would have been thrilled.

Monster-Thriller--the original The Haunting from the 1960s.

Mystery--Hitchcock's Rope, also Rear Window.

Romantic comedy--When Harry Met Sally

War movie--this is a bit tougher but a good candidate would be The Hill, which takes place inside a British stockade in the North African desert during World War II with Ossie Davis and Sean Connery. My one hesitation is that there might be a couple of guards with rifles seen at the start of the film when they're delivering a truckload of prisoners, but I can't recall for sure. However, with that possible exception, the rest of the film is completely gunless as both the prisoners and guards inside the camp are unarmed, except for the nightsticks the guards carry. Other than that, perhaps 5 Fingers, with James Mason as a WWII spy, which I remember as essentially gunless although again there could be soldiers standing guard in the background like statutes with slinged rifles.

Western--now this is really hard although I know there must be one out there somewhere. But the best I can do on this is an odd fact about the John Wayne classic The Angel and the Badman. Oh, there are certainly guns and certainly shooting--as the opening credits are rolling you see in the background 4-5 hip-level shots of Wayne (or maybe his standin since you don't see the face) firing his pistol. But after that opening and through the rest of the movie, John Wayne never fires a single shot! There's a scene where he bluffs bad guy Bruce Cabot with an empty pistol, but later he uses clubs instead of guns to take a cattle herd back from rustlers. And he's ready to kill Cabot and his gunman near the end of the picture when his Quaker girlfriend prevents the shootout, leaving it to Harry Carey to save her gunfighter. I just always liked it that Wayne had the guts to play a gunfighter without ever shooting anyone.

Other than that, any "gunless" Western would have to be something about pre-Columbian Indians like that thing years ago with Yul Brynner and George Chakarus (OK so I can't spell) playing heads of opposing tribes with stone-age weapons. A Man Called Horse is almost gunless except for Harris's trapper guides shooting up the camp at the start of the film. (But not that film Mel Gibson directed as in the end we see Spanish soldiers headed for the shore.

Western - McLinktok! Well at least no gun is fired in the film.
Except when his daughter in a fit of pique at her boyfriend tells dad John Wayne, "If you loved me, you would shoot him!" "Well, I am your father, and I love you," Wayne replies, at which point he turns, picks up a pistol and fires almost pointblank at the young man to the amazement of both him and his lady love. Fortunately Wayne knew the pistol was loaded with blanks, so no harm is done--except possibly to the young people's underwear.