Movie Theme of the Week!

Tools    

Keep on Rockin in the Free World

Meryl Streep couldn't pull it off.

just sayen

You just know Honeykid is wrestling with having to admit Drew has been in some stink-o-rama's m so as to justify haven her in his Av.

There's been a few stinkers, (she's made films with Ben Stiller and Adam Sandler, y'know) but hate is on a whole different level, for me. I think I'd rather suffer every Adam Sandler film than watch Braveheart again.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/

Meryl Streep couldn't pull it off.

just sayen
I know what your saying Sir

Seeing Pam in this film always makes me think the outfit was ment for someone with smaller...um... You know what I mean

I am loving this theme Iro After a few hrs I have fight the urge to change

I'm torn on my feelings about this theme. I really liked it at first, but people keep mistaking me for a Twilight fan.
Aren't there anymore films you disliked?

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

This is a fine theme as it allows me to express a few different sub-categories of movies that i hate.

1. shatty inferior drek that capitalises on the name recognition of the title , and dares call itself a sequel, as if they are remotely related.
example used: Slapshot 2

2. Big name talent in a film that could have just as easily starred Wings Hauser and Marc Singer (or any other number of B-movie grade thespians), and gone straight to video.

example: Righteous Kill

3.Movies based on popular novels that stray greatly from the source for no apparent reason.

Now, I understand literature and film are two completely different mediums, and as such there is bound to be discrepancies between the two. I also begrudgingly accept the reality of financing 1st novel adaptations, so I understood that Morgan Freeman as the lead in Kiss The Girls was an OK choice, as the movie worked as a stand alone entity.

However, when it came to adapting Along Came a Spider, which in the novels by James Patterson provided a wonderful foil for our hero Alex Cross....to
WARNING: "If you haven't seen the movie Along Came a Spider ending revealed here" spoilers below
Kill off Gary Sonji in the climax, thus eliminating a good number of worthy sequel novels..well i just hate it. hate i say. HATE IT. especially with the tag line "the game is far from over"

I'm torn on my feelings about this theme. I really liked it at first, but people keep mistaking me for a Twilight fan.
At least you weren't neg repped for hating the movie you chose. Especially by someone who doesn't even play this game, or join in with the discussion. I believe he should still have to explain himself. Shouldn't he, rauldc14?

I've never understood why someone would negative rep someone else just because they like or dislike a movie... If I did stuff like that, I'd be after Honey all the time for trashing Braveheart...

I have been on other forums where if you want to leave a negative rep, theres space to explain why.

Though not a fan of the neg rep..honeykids choice of Braveheart as a hate film..has my trigger finger itchin.

j/k HK

lol... Sorry guys. If it helps, it's not just the film itself that I hate (though I really did) but everything that went on around it over here and then to win awards on top of that?