Rambo: Last Blood

Tools    

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/f...bo-5-surfaces/

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Ever since Stallone was nominated for that Oscar for his performance as Rocky in 2015's Creed, the chance of him redeeming himself as an actor in serious original films has sadly become slimmer and slimmer with every year that passed.

Since then, he's done not 1, but 2 unnecessary sequels to the mediocre Escape Plan (both have yet to be released), reprised his iconic role of Rocky yet again (the 8th time) in the upcoming Creed 2. And now, it's being confirmed that he will reprise his other iconic role of John Rambo yet again in a fifth installment.

I'm a Stallone fan (no surprise there), and I would love to see him in original movies (helmed by the likes of Tarantino, Scorsese...), playing interesting characters that are not necessarily action heroes and musclemen. I guess that's not happening. And I'm pretty disappointed.

Strange – I thought this had been dropped completely. The plot sounds good but action-wise the fourth one's going to take some beating .

I can't wait for Rocky 25 when Clubber Lang finally gets his re-match. I'll keep watching these I reckon. His chances are getting slimmer for an Oscar tho? 2015 was only 3 years ago, yeah? He could easily still win a few of the things if he stays alive. You know he basically wrote, starred and mostly directed the first Rocky? It's true, you can look it up. Oscar winning flick that one. So, does he need a serious role? I bet if you asked him he'd say Rocky is a pretty serious character to him. Maybe he just enjoys the work. He gets to work with a lot guys that he used to be in direct competition for stardom back in the day too. Would be cool to see him a QT flick tho. Have you seen Copland @mojofilter? I kinda think he's already done a little dramatic work. And he's been recognized. Maybe he's just gonna stay in his comfort zone till he dies.

I can't wait for Rocky 25 when Clubber Lang finally gets his re-match. I'll keep watching these I reckon. His chances are getting slimmer for an Oscar tho? 2015 was only 3 years ago, yeah? He could easily still win a few of the things if he stays alive. You know he basically wrote, starred and mostly directed the first Rocky? It's true, you can look it up. Oscar winning flick that one. So, does he need a serious role? I bet if you asked him he'd say Rocky is a pretty serious character to him. Maybe he just enjoys the work. He gets to work with a lot guys that he used to be in direct competition for stardom back in the day too. Would be cool to see him a QT flick tho. Have you seen Copland @mojofilter? I kinda think he's already done a little dramatic work. And he's been recognized. Maybe he's just gonna stay in his comfort zone till he dies.
Yes, I've seen him in Cop Land. He was great, and so was the movie.

I won't hold my breath anymore for any breathtaking performances by him, and it sure looks like he'll continue to recycle his famous roles until he dies. I'm sure that after the fifth Rambo, he'll be doing another Expendables and possibly another Creed film. Sad!

I like him a lot in cop land

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I like him a lot in cop land
I only saw the franchise recently, as you know, Bond, and I loved it.I look forward to this.

sly is never to tied to make some good movie

From what I can gather from the special features on the original Rambo films, the story they're using for Rambo 5, based around a kidnapping by the Mexican Cartel, was going to be used for Rambo 4.
Rambo 4 ended up as a bunch of charity workers captured by a Burmese despot.

So basically Rambo 2, 3, 4 and 5 are going to be the same film, just set in different countries.

Welcome to the human race...
Can't say I'm too shocked by that, people love the whole Reaganite power fantasy of the ultimate soldier wiping out America's enemies on whatever pretext makes him look most sympathetic to everyone (he's traumatised! the CIA betrayed him! he's saving Americans! he's saving good foreigners from bad foreigners!). That's without mentioning how certain recent geopolitical events have made the prospect of a whole movie about Rambo killing Mexicans seem especially ugly.

Rambo V has officially started shooting today.

Here are the first 2 images from behind the scenes of the film posted by Sylvester Stallone himself on his Instagram.