Your top 10 movies of 2016?

Tools    

Forgot about Manchester by the Sea, good film as well.

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
In no particular order:

-Batman vs Superman
-Suicide Squad
-Captain America: Civil War
-Deadpool
-X-Men Apocalypse
-Deepwater Horizon
-10 Cloverfield Lane
-Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
-Zootopia
-The Jungle Book

Keep your station clean - OR I WILL KILL YOU
Here are my Top 15 of 2016
1. La La Land - One of the best examples for modern film making. Everything in this movie rocked me to my core!
2. Sing Street - This movie put a smile on my face from beginning to end, music is fantastic, one of the best feel good movies.
3. Your Name - Simply Beautiful, telling a romance with the body switch tactic was such an interesting idea executed flawlessly.
4. Hacksaw Ridge - Some of the most memorable war scenes I've ever seen. And central story of our lead is fascinating.
5. Moana - Say what you want but this is in my opinion the best Disney animated movie I've seen since Lion King.
6. Moonlight - Filmmaking at it's finest, Oscar very much well deserved. It's not in my top 3 just because it's not as re-watchable as others.
7. Zootopia - Fun, amazing world building, exemplary characters, and very deep with a lot of its messages.
8. The Nice Guys - CRIMINALLY UNDERWATCHED. This is how you make a comedy, from the plot description itself to the dialogue.
9. The Jungle Book - Best CG I've ever seen. Beautiful to watch, I think it improved the story from the original.
10. Kubo and the Two Strings - Very fun to watch, beautiful, creative and atmospheric story handled with care. Up there with Coraline.
11. The Edge of Seventeen - Hilarious R rated Coming of Age flick. Dialogue was fantastic and the drama also gave it some nice layers.
12. Captain America: Civil War - Popcorn film with some actual drama and character tension. Fantastic action sequences. Awesome
13. Deadpool - Hilarious, refreshing, well-told. It did everything it set out to do to the best of its abilities.
14. The Conjuring 2 - One of the more memorable horror films recently. The cinematography and technical aspects in this are fantastic
15. The Witch - Gripping, creepy, unsettling, fantastically acted

I'm surprised that Hell or High Water isn't higher on most lists. I thought it was the best film of 2016. Followed by Fences, Arrival, and Captain Fantastic.... the latter of which was the most underrated film of 2016.

Keep your station clean - OR I WILL KILL YOU
I'm surprised that Hell or High Water isn't higher on most lists. I thought it was the best film of 2016. Followed by Fences, Arrival, and Captain Fantastic.... the latter of which was the most underrated film of 2016.
Absolutely loved Fences and Hell or HighWater. I saw over 80 films last year so there was a lot I loved that I couldn't squish in, but they almost made it to my list (Fences in particular) Fences blew my mind in the sense that it keeps it's entire runtime interesting purely through amazing dialogue. Hell or Highwater was solid 8/10 for me, I just didn't have an impulse to watch again. Arrival was great, highly intelligent, however same thing here, I don't have a desire to watch it again. If this was an objective, top 10 best films, those would definitely be on here. But since this is a favorite list, I can be much more biased.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
1. Le fils de Joseph [The Son of Joseph]

2. La deuxième nuit [The Second Night]

3. Poesía sin fin [Endless Poetry]

4. 곡성 [The Wailing]

5. The Neon Demon

6. Nocturnal Animals

7. Toni Erdmann

8. 海よりもまだ深く [After the Storm]

9. Wołyń [Hatred]

10. 아가씨 [The Handmaiden]

Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

1- Moonlight
2- The Handmaiden
3- Arrival
4- The Lobster
5- Train to Busan
6- The Wailing
7- Hell or High Water
8- Manchester by the Sea
9- 13th
10- Hidden Figures
11- Kubo and the Two Strings
12- The Age of Shadows
13- La La Land
14- Moana
15- Rogue One

Couldn't keep it down to ten, and there's a lot of movies I loved that didn't make the list, and a lot of movies I didn't see that may have had I seen them. 2016 was a pretty great year for movies.

Welcome to the human race...
Every time I think I'm ready to redo my list, I look over the others and realise that there are like a dozen other films that I need to watch first.

Not sure with the order anymore
best 10
1. Shin Godzilla
2. After the Storm
3. Silence
4. Kazoku wa Tsurai yo
5. I Daniel Blake
6. Kono sekai no katasumi ni
7. The Wailing
8. Paterson
9. Arrival
10. The Handmaiden
I think i want to see the nice guys next time

movies can be okay...
I still have quite a lot of films to see, but this is my list for now:

1) It's Only the End of the World

2) Tickled

3) The Salesman

4) Bacalaureat

5) Endless Poetry

6) I Daniel Blake

7) Arrival

8) The Unknown Girl

9) Moonlight

10) Operation Avalanche

"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke