Swine Flu

Tools    

You want to post like me?
I see what you did there.
You may think I'm being over-dramatic, but all I'm saying is that there is a risk that you might get it. And if you do you shouldn't do more damage by going to the doctor. From what I've read swine flu is deemed to be contagious.
But of course you shouldn't call your doctor, acting all hypocondric, every time you get a regular cold.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Swine flu is no more contagious than any other flu. It's just that known flus are prepared for by taking a vaccine, and there is no vaccine in place for swine flu. Even so, considering that at least 100 people a day die from influenza and its complications (for example, pneumonia) in the U.S. alone, the fact that only 15 deaths have been attributed to swine flu in two months is actually encouraging. Most of the deaths seem to be from the young or old and from people who have visited Mexico. Swine flu has spread to other countries, yes, but it was a pretty quiet story again until that non-story (mentioning the deaths topping 100 worldwide) turned up.

The bottom line is that one normally treats flu at home, and the treatment mostly involves waiting it out and trying to stay comfortable. Young children, older people and those with weakened immune systems who show pronounced symptoms are the only people who "need treatment" from a doctor, although anybody with actual swine flu would be a person of interest to try to trace the cause of the development of the strain of the disease.

I am over it we have it here but all the cases have been very mild

The King of Movies
Im actualy woried that it will mutate and turn into a killer flu.

Normaly i don't care about dieases spreading because they normaly effect sh!ty third wolrd countries no one cares about, but it has hit my city pretty bad and if it actualy does mutate, i could be one of those people on the news who say "don't think it won't happen to you".

Hurm...
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Harry's edited his post, so I don't know what was said, but if it's in relation to post #65, I'm guessing it's the "Normaly i don't care about dieases spreading because they normaly effect sh!ty third wolrd countries no one cares about..." part of it.

There's an elementary school behind my house and one of the kids that goes there is at home recovering from the SWINE FLU!!

I'm scared... most of those kids live up the street... hell, he could live ACROSS THE STREET from me... I don't know...

SAVE ME!!!!!

The People's Republic of Clogher
I found out last week that my sister has had it.

She's a nurse so didn't get any b/s from her doctor - go to bed, take some paracetamol if you have to and ride it out. It's flu.

She said it was like ... having the flu and, yes, she's still alive. I see her pretty regularly and I'm still alive too, even though I tend to catch any cold or bug that's doing the rounds.

The People's Republic of Clogher
It wasn't too pleasant but, I guess, 'real' flu never is. I think I've only had it once in my adult life - which is quite an admission to make for a bloke.

A great thing I heard once was this qualification as to what flu actually is:

You're laying sick in bed and someone tells you that a suitcase with £1 million in it is sitting unattended outside your front door. If you don't feel able to get up and move a few steps to retrieve the suitcase you've got flu, otherwise it's a bad cold

You know what I think about Swine Flu? Screw it. As if we don't have enough OTHER UNOFFICIAL types of Pandemics. Like Global-Warming.

And...uh...teen pregnancies. XD

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Glad to hear your sister is doing well, Tatty. I think the media was only amplifying the deaths attributed with Swine Flu, simply to make it that much more "dangerous." What they weren't really saying was that the deaths were also aided by a significantly weakened immune system.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Glad to hear your sister is doing well, Tatty. I think the media was only amplifying the deaths attributed with Swine Flu, simply to make it that much more "dangerous." What they weren't really saying was that the deaths were also aided by a significantly weakened immune system.
LMAO @ bolded, and I know. I mean, aslo, when was the last time you heard a GOOD thing on ABC News or CNN?

Cause you were JOKING, it MADE SENSE, therefore it is FUNNY.

Read what's in all caps and see if you can make a connection, K?

Employee of the Month
king_of_movies_316 Tell me, im actualy intrested in what i said that anoyed you.

I think Harry don`t like the "because they normaly effect sh!ty third wolrd countries no one cares about" part. In my opinion you are a little bit like your avatar - grumbling, mumbling and stuff. I also think, you share that point of view with the majority of people, but the majority wouldn`t phrase it like that.

Topic: Once they called it the "German Angst", this feeling of being threatened all the time. Now it seems to me, that half of the world is living in a state of constant fear. It`s the "World-Wide-Media-Hype-Angst". And here are the Breaking News:

"Don`t feel safe, it can also happen to YOU!"