Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

The Business (Nick Love, 2005)
+
How on Earth has Danny Dyer never won an Oscar?
Off topic but watched an interesting piece about him and Harold Pinter.

I don't know if you've ever watched Yellow Sky but it's a decent Peck Western.
I think I've heard of this one. Finally watched Duel in the Sun earlier this year and liked it quite a bit.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

Unhinged (Derrick Borte, 2020)
6/10
Ghost Strata (Ben Rivers, 2019)
5/10
The Devil Has a Name (Edward James Olmos, 2020)
6/10
Tremors: Shrieker Island (Don Michael Paul, 2020)
6/10

Jon Heder, Michael Gross and Caroline Langrishe are looking at a graboid.
The Secrets We Keep (Yuval Adler, 2020)
6/10
Love and Monsters (Michael Matthews, 2020)
+ 6/10
The Broken Hearts Gallery (Natalie Krinsky, 2020)
6/10
Malina (Werner Schroeter, 1991)
6.5/10

Writer Isabelle Huppert seems to will her apartment to burn.
Uncle Tom (Justin Malone, 2020)
7/10
House of Shadows (Nicholas Winter, 2020)
4//i0
Cadaver (Jarand Herdal, 2020)
6/10
Borat Subsequent Moviefilm (Jason Woliner, 2020)
6.5/10

Borat finds an appropriate place to relieve himself.
Speaking Parts (Atom Egoyan, 1989)
6/10
537 Votes (Billy Corben, 2020)
6.5/10
Broil (Edward Drake, 2020)
5.5/10
The Quiet Family (Kim Jee-woon, 1998)
- 6.5/10

Family opens a mountain inn and seems to be cursed by their lodgers, location and, most of all, their own stupidity.
They Call Me Jeeg (Gabriele Mainetti, 2015)
6/10
Don't Look Back AKA Good Samaritan (Jeffrey Reddiick, 2020)
5/10
The Opening Act (Steve Byrne, 2020)
6/10
Burn Burn Burn (Chanya Button, 2015)
6.5/10

Laura Carmichael and Chloe Pirrie take a road trip which includes Wales and Scotland to deposit the ashes of their late friend Julian Rhind-Tutt who relates his story in a video diary.

Off topic but watched an interesting piece about him and Harold Pinter.
He did a doc for Sky on Pinter didn't he?

Hubie Halloween

Enjoyable, got a few laughs out of it, good to see Sandler back in something light hearted and silly

3/5
Do you know what a roller pigeon is, Barney? They climb high and fast, then roll over and fall just as fast toward the earth. There are shallow rollers and deep rollers. You can’t breed two deep rollers, or their young will roll all the way down, hit, and die. Officer Starling is a deep roller, Barney. We should hope one of her parents was not.

Brothers Grimm 8/10 pretty good movie, loved heath ledger and his movies, soo sad that he passed away in 2008 he was amazing actor and loved monica bellucci on spectre shes an amazing actress

I don't know if you've ever watched Yellow Sky but it's a decent Peck Western.
I love Yellow Sky, Anne Baxter is feisty cute, and the old ghost town at the beginning is cool. BTW I watched a western last night and who did I see? Whit Bissell! The Proud Ones (1956), it was an OK western.

Snooze factor = Zzzz

[Snooze Factor Ratings]:
Z = didn't nod off at all
Zz = nearly nodded off but managed to stay alert
Zzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed
Zzzz = nodded off and missed some of the film but went back to watch what I missed but nodded off again at the same point and therefore needed to go back a number of times before I got through it...
Zzzzz = nodded off and missed some or the rest of the film but was not interested enough to go back over it

Macbeth (1948) - 7/10

Decent Welles adaption but I felt Othello was a better experience

I love Yellow Sky, Anne Baxter is feisty cute, and the old ghost town at the beginning is cool. BTW I watched a western last night and who did I see? Whit Bissell! The Proud Ones (1956), it was an OK western.
Yellow Sky was one of those pleasant surprises where you run across a movie you never knew existed. Great cast with Peck of course, but Baxter and Widmark and John Russell and Harry Morgan also contributed. I like how they didn't romanticize the outlaws. They were all venal and greedy but everyone took it in stride. Nothing personal but we gotta kill you now.

And Whit Bissell was everywhere in those days. I'd be watching a movie or TV show and he'd pop up. It got to be a running joke with me. And then I researched him and found out his full name is Whitner Nutting Bissell. He's the epitome of one those hard working, dependable and largely overlooked character actors that never get their due. I know we could come up with dozens of names if we tried.

*climbs down off of soapbox*

Ned Kelly (2003)

Lively telling of the legend and fact of Ned Kelly with Heath Ledger playing the main man. Ledger plays it with an inner gravitas that really comes over in the scenes. 1st time watch and would watch again...obviously a romanticised version of pretty desperate events but it had a "big film" feel whilst staying to the topic. Geoffrey Rush handles his part excellently as hard nosed "coppa" tasked with taking these Aussie-Irish upstarts down.
Real Ned hanged at 25... bluddy 'ell.

...And Whit Bissell was everywhere in those days. I'd be watching a movie or TV show and he'd pop up. It got to be a running joke with me. And then I researched him and found out his full name is Whitner Nutting Bissell. He's the epitome of one those hard working, dependable and largely overlooked character actors that never get their due. I know we could come up with dozens of names if we tried.

*climbs down off of soapbox*
That's funny about how you'd spot Whit Bissell in old TV and movies...As soon as I seen your avatar it reminded me of how after I watched The Time Tunnel a few years ago, I started seeing Whit Bissell everywhere. And I swear this part is true: everytime I see him in a movie I shout out excitedly, 'hey it's Whit Bissell!' So you can image how surprised I was to see someone with WHITBISSELL! as a user name/avatar. Good choice

That's funny about how you'd spot Whit Bissell in old TV and movies...As soon as I seen your avatar it reminded me of how after I watched The Time Tunnel a few years ago, I started seeing Whit Bissell everywhere. And I swear this part is true: everytime I see him in a movie I shout out excitedly, 'hey it's Whit Bissell!' So you can image how surprised I was to see someone with WHITBISSELL! as a user name/avatar. Good choice
I believe you since I was doing the same thing. Time to start a WB cult. And a huge for The Time Tunnel reference. That's what my av is from.

A Colt Is My Passport - This is a 1967 Japanese noir from Nikkatsu studios, A pair of hit men are hired by one Yakuza gang to assassinate the leader of a rival clan. Once the job is done the two go on the run and spend the rest of the movie trying to get clear of the two gang's machinations. This is B&W and steeped in noir. It moves a little slow but there aren't many, if any, stretches where you get to feeling impatient. The pair of killers are the weary and sober veteran Kamimura (Joe Shishido) and his younger acolyte Shiozaki (Jerry Fujio). There's a muted, cool atmosphere throughout and then the last few minutes just kind of explode into action. 90/100

We Go On, 2016 (C)

A movie from the makers of Yellowbrickroad, if anyone has seen that. It's a movie about a guy that wants to know if there's life after death, and finds ghosts, because this is a horror movie. The movie isn't terribly unpleasant to watch, but the silliness of just having people silently open their mouths like they're yelling as the only scare the movie ever does, and always a jump scare, gets dumb dangerously fast.