Ledger and The Dark Knight: is anyone else sad?

Tools    

Well after watching the dark knight after the movie I was thinking about what a good job heath ledger did in the movie and I thought we will never see a good batman movie again. I mean after his performance nobody and I mean nobody can fill his shoes. I guess it might be better (not that he died that they won't make a sequal) because we all know that it wouldn't turn out as good. So what are your 2 cents.

And on a side note if you are going to reply talk like a normal person, and don't do this wht r u tlkin bout nbdy nws wht u tlkn bout sirly lrn 2 wtch mvie itt wuld b beter if he mde nuder mvie

Welcome to the human race...
Well, if you'd really like to talk about The Dark Knight or check out other people's opinions on it, go to this thread exclusively dedicated to the movie.

A system of cells interlinked
Well after watching the dark knight after the movie I was thinking about what a good job heath ledger did in the movie and I thought we will never see a good batman movie again. I mean after his performance nobody and I mean nobody can fill his shoes. I guess it might be better (not that he died that they won't make a sequal) because we all know that it wouldn't turn out as good. So what are your 2 cents.

And on a side note if you are going to reply talk like a normal person, and don't do this wht r u tlkin bout nbdy nws wht u tlkn bout sirly lrn 2 wtch mvie itt wuld b beter if he mde nuder mvie
People don't talk like that here, for the most part.

Anyway - What is this silly talk about not seeing another good Batman film? As if this film being good was entirely Ledger. What about Nolan, the brilliant director? Will he churn out flop after flop due to Ledger's passing? I think not. Bale is excellent as Batman, so that role will still be strong. Ledger was fantastic, sure, but to say it's the be-all-end-all of Batman film making is silly. Sure, no one can fill Ledger's shoes, but, no one needs to, as the next film will most certainly feature different villains.

I agree the next Bat-film will need to be amazing to top The Dark Knight, so it probably won't happen, I think Nolan and crew will produce a well done third installment.

Meanwhile, there are already several TDK threads on the boards. Do a search next time, thanks.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
I must disagree, I hope to see more of the Joker since
WARNING: "Dark Knight" spoilers below
he lived....

The Joker is more important to Batman then Heath Ledger was to The Joker, and if the Heath Ledger crew don't get that I'm sorry...

I am burdened with glorious purpose
he lived....

The Joker is more important to Batman then Heath Ledger was to The Joker, and if the Heath Ledger crew don't get that I'm sorry...
Whoa. I might agree with you, but the fact is, Ledger was too good in this part. Unfortunately, because of that, there is no way you will ever see the Joker again in this series.

His Joker is already iconic. It would be impossible for them to have the Joker reappear with another actor portraying him.

A system of cells interlinked
he lived....

Well, I can't agree. The Joker doesn't define Batman, by any stretch. I have been reading Batman for 30 years, and there is plenty of material that is not Joker related. My comments aren't based on Ledger at all, really, but the fact that, true to form with most comic franchises they will bring in other villains for the third installment.

WARNING: "The Dark Knight" spoilers below
Joker is alive. He's in Arkum Asylum now, so if he is mentioned at all in the next Batman film that's where he is. And stop with making more TDK threads...it's getting annoying.

ADMIN EDIT: You know better than this. Use spoiler tags.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Y'all. Either respond (thereby bumping the thread and renewing interest) or (OR!!!) gripe about the topic. I haven't seen this topic (the Ledger Factor) before, so so what if there's another thread on TDK?

Don't make me break out a fourth set of parentheses.

I think Ledger was great in the role, but not irreplaceable. That's right, I said it. He was terrific, and a lot of sad sacks had never before noticed that the guy had chops, but he didn't make it so his own that no one will ever play the role again without paling by comparison. Sorry he's dead, but he didn't do that.

TBH, I was sorrier about the death of Brandon Lee, because he showed in The Crow that he had something that had not been seen before from him - and that was the only taste we'll get. I was sorrier about River Phoenix, who was showing promise of redefining what great, committed acting was. I was very sorry about Heath Ledger, because I've thought he was skilled as hell for a long time, but to suggest his death will mean the end of the Joker? Nah.

Joker is alive. He's in Arkum Asylum now, so if he is mentioned at all in the next Batman film that's where he is. And stop with making more TDK threads...it's getting annoying.

ADMIN EDIT: You know better than this. Use spoiler tags.
It's not a spoiler, it's an assumption. Calm down. I am sure it's kinda obvious what I pointed out. Most of this planet saw the movie so what am I spoiling??

I think Ledger was great in the role, but not irreplaceable. That's right, I said it. He was terrific, and a lot of sad sacks had never before noticed that the guy had chops, but he didn't make it so his own that no one will ever play the role again without paling by comparison. Sorry he's dead, but he didn't do that.

TBH, I was sorrier about the death of Brandon Lee, because he showed in The Crow that he had something that had not been seen before from him - and that was the only taste we'll get. I was sorrier about River Phoenix, who was showing promise of redefining what great, committed acting was. I was very sorry about Heath Ledger, because I've thought he was skilled as hell for a long time, but to suggest his death will mean the end of the Joker? Nah.
Good point

It's not a spoiler, it's an assumption.
It is absolutely a spoiler. It gives away something that happens (or doesn't happen)...

I'm not referring to your speculation about where the Joker ends up. I'm referring to you revealing that he lives. That's not a foregone conclusion, especially seeing as how he died the last time he showed up in a Batman film.

I am sure it's kinda obvious what I pointed out. Most of this planet saw the movie so what am I spoiling??
What exactly do you think a spoiler is? It's a plot detail of some kind that could potentially "spoil" part of the movie for someone who hasn't seen it. A movie doesn't cease to have spoilers simply because its popular, and besides, it's only been out for three weeks.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
Y'all. Either respond (thereby bumping the thread and renewing interest) or (OR!!!) gripe about the topic. I haven't seen this topic (the Ledger Factor) before, so so what if there's another thread on TDK?

Don't make me break out a fourth set of parentheses.

Now, if you're saying there will never be another Joker, okay, but if you're saying the Joker will reappear in THIS series, I'm going to say there is no way in hell. First of all, because Ledger did die, and these people -- Nolan, Bale, etc. -- worked with him, loved the work he did, and out of respect for his performance and for him, the Joker won't show up in this particular series of Batman films. I'd bet my life on it.

TBH, I can't even believe that people think any differently. There are special circumstances here. One, the performance is universally praised and may even warrant an Oscar nomination; Two, the man died. Those are indeed special circumstances that hardly ever happen. (I'm also betting that the box office was bumped because of the talk about his performance and the fact that he died.)

Years from now, when they want to ressurect Batman again, you may see another Joker and then we'll have three option "So who was the best Joker?" polls.

BTW, to answer the initial question on this thread, yes, I find it incredibly sad that Ledger isn't here to see all this.

They could use a digitally rendered model of Ledger in the next one.

As of now I have come across news/rumors that says "Johny Depp is playing the bad man in the next Batman Flick". I would really want to see Depp interpret a comic book character. What do you guys will he be a better badman then ledger??.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
It is a dam shame about Heath Ledger he was a great young actor and his films were good. His performance in The Dark Knight was ledgenary. It is a shame.

Who watches the Watchbear?
I'm gonna hold out for an older actor filling his shoes if they take up Miller's Dark Knight Returns arc.
That was one of my thoughts as well - could work well enough!

Anyway... when I first walked out of the Dark Knight I felt profoundly sad about Ledger's passing, moreso than I did after first hearing the news. As for whether we'll see the Joker in another Nolanverse Batman movie... who knows. I'm inclined to believe that if the Joker has a role, it won't be quite as major as it was in TDK.

Plus, if the Joker really has been locked up in Arkham, they could give the character a cameo of sorts without worrying -too- much. Hell, they could just have a shot of the Joker's name on a door and that might be it. What do I know? ;P

'Course, tramp makes an excellent point. Nolan, Bale, and all others involved certainly respect and admire Ledger too much to mess with a new Joker. Not to mention, the Joker's already done a significant amount of damage in TDK. I suspect any third installment will focus more on Batman trying to regain some good standing in Gotham or something rather than on a villain. But hey, I bet there's already a thread for that somewhere, at this rate.. D:

Little floppy, hoppy, bunnies!
Its sad that it took Heaths death to see what a talented actor he was. It's such a waste to see such a young and talented person pass away like that. I am very sad and he was my age. I feel that so many of us take life for granted. Things that we all do, little talents that get missed along the way and its sad that it takes such horrible things to help us see these big things.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Tottally agree with you it happens all the time with most young actor/musicains for them to die before people can see how great they really are.