TV TRIVIA

Tools    

A Man Lives In The Wilderness Because He Is Wanted For A Crime He Didn't Commit.
"The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams"

OPEN FLOOR
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

What Actor Was Offered The Role To Play Matt Dillon In Gun Smoke but he introduced the show in the TV pilot. Instead. Actor Also recommended Arness for the lead role.

I never knew that...what made CBS think John Wayne would do a TV series?
I never knew it either. I just guessed.

Name three TV shows from the 1950s/1960s that were named after well known actors/actresses

For the record a writer wrote the part for John Wayne and some thought he would since at the time he was in 60s and battling cancer and was winning and might do the series. He turned it down ultimately because he had already decided to do 4 films one of being True Grit. He liked the part but felt that Arness would be better and Wayne was loyal to actors who acted with him. learned that from John Ford.

had Andy Griffith done anything but a guest spot on Danny Thomas and maybe No Time For Sargeants to be well known.

Anyways here are 3 shows
Dick Van Dyke Show
Mary Tyler Moore Show
Danny Thomas Show
I have not watched any of the shows but seen them on TV Land or Nick At Night going off when watched a show i did like.

For the record, Citizen asked for shows from the 50's and 60's and The Mary Tyler Moore Show did not premiere until 1971. Anyway, new question:

On the subject of actors first offered a role, what two time Oscar winner was originally offered the role of Mike Brady on The Brady Bunch?

Gene Hackman was considered for the role of Mike Brady. Does anyone know which two original cast members did not have cameos in The Brady Bunch Movie?
Tiger and Sam the Butcher? I don't really know?