"Going Away For A While"

Tools    

"Where's Omnizoa?"

"They just went away for a while, sweetie..."

"When are they coming back?"

Feel like I'm pulling a False Writer here, but yeah I'm going to be stepping away from the site for a while, but I'd like to frame the situation.

I originally came to the site after seeing Force Awakens and not having anyone to talk to on the subject. That combined with the stoopid amount of anime I was watching really made me want an outlet and I had been off forums for a few years because they were so absorbing. Thing is they're STILL really absorbing and MoFo's been sucking entire days away from me which is extremely detrimental to my other goals which I just wind up procrastinating on; I started this whole movie binge, not just because I like movies, but to expand my horizons and give me new ideas for what I'm working on.

That "I like video games more than movies." bit that's been in my bio since I started hasn't changed, I'm actually trying to make one (been trying to make one for 15 years) yet I've entirely stepped away from them in this attempt to socialize a bit. It's a balance I still need to work on and with the addition of a recent and sudden financial difficulty spike I just said "**** it" and threw myself into mainstream social media for the first time this week to try an get some traction on this project.

I've enjoyed my time on MoFo, I've seen over 200 movies in the time I've been here including a number of classics I hadn't seen before including Metropolis, Seven Samurai, The Great Dictator, Taxi Driver, and Secret Life of Human Pups, all indisputably perfect movies. I think I've enjoyed the B-Grade stuff most and I'm glad there are people who can stand my barely formatted rambly garbage reviews of movies they've never heard of.

YOU CAN NEVER UNSEE TRUE JUSTICE™!!!

Anyway, don't think that this is the last I'll be on Movie Forums, I'll definitely pop in periodically, I still got a couple big words to impress Yoda with in our little PM debate, and I'll drop a review anytime I finish a movie, but all of that's going on the backburners for now.

Will still definitely get a full Sci-Fi list in though and hope to participate in the annual MoFo and Review Thread Countdown this time. I may also pop in for the Halloween Chat, I've still never seen Rocky Horror.

Until then... *Spock hands*

Understandable, for sure: if it's interfering with a project you care about, and you need a break to focus on it, all the best. I've enjoyed our conversations, and I'm sure we'll have more. Please keep us posted.

Great new Mofo! Take care Omni.

We already have a thread for that, http://www.movieforums.com/community...%2Fcoming+back

But you thought you were special enough to have your own thread, huh Omni? Kidding, kidding, sad to see you go. You often brought great discussion to the forum and had your own unique personal taste in movies. Glad to hear it ain't for forever, yet it's never fun to see a fellow MoFo leave.

Do what you need to do, buddy, and stay in touch.

The title makes it sound like you are going to prison.

Same as everybody else said, priorities yada yada. Good to know you may come back as you are a good member.

Always enjoyed talking to & debating you Omni.

Your words hit home as I find my Internet addiction increasing... and distracting me from everything I should be doing while my life spirals further out of control. (Got to watch Karate Kid again to reinforce lesson about "balance" ... or maybe lessening movie watching would be helpful too.)

Best of luck on your efforts to improve things!

Nothing good comes from staying with normal people
Good luck with your game, had a blast reading your reviews and an allround take care! Hope to hear from you again soon!

Sorry to see you go Omni, even if it is just temporary! We may have had a difference of opinion on a few things, but I always enjoyed talking to you. Hopefully you can get some traction on your game now!

Also I'm totally following you on Twitter now, even though I never really use Twitter.

You've added a lot to this forum with your distinct style, Omni. There's nothing wrong with taking a break, and it's nice of you to give a heads up instead of just disappearing.

He didnt mention Fist Of Legend with those other movies. Fist Of Legend was as good as Seven Samurai....

jk

Wow, that's a bummer you're leaving Omni, you are unique! and you add lots of spice to the MoFo mix. But if you got other stuff to do then I wish you the best of luck on those projects. But please stop in and see us sometime

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Omni's working on a game which tells you what gender/sex you can safely identify yourself as without calling yourself "they". It will have lots of Jackie Chan-style action in it. Good luck and take care. Later, Gator.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I'm sorry that you're leaving us, but I hope you'll check back in as often as possible. You're one of the most unique people on this site, and it's always enjoyable reading your posts, especially your reviews.