MoFo Fantasy Baseball 2012 - The Regular Season

Tools    

I like Anibal, I've had him off and on for the last two years, he had a really nice run for me two years ago in particular.

Anyway, thanks for Fister, thought Yoder would snake him out from under me.

Hey, Chris, are you able to explain how the scoring works exactly? All I see is that each team each day either goes up or down by having a green number (which I gathered is positive... I'm smart like that) or a red number (everybody knows red is from the devil). But, how is that number determined? I've been watching my teams daily numbers and I can't figure it out.

Those points are ranked. If you're +3 in, say, Runs, that means you passed three other teams in Runs that day. Your total up/down on the standings each morning is how much you went up or down in total ranks. So if you pass 3 people in runs, but fall behind 2 in home runs, your total the next day will be +1.

The "Full Standings" link on the upper right of the league home page has a lot more detail, which is helpful for seeing where the change came from.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
If you use Stattracker, you can see each and every update of the score as it happens and see where it came from. League stats and today shows each increase (ranks for all ten categories up and down) for today and League stats and season gives all the up to date totals (standings). I use those and they drive me crazy, but maybe not quite as crazy as earlier years.

Of all my pitchers theres one thats faltering mightily, and I traded heavy for him (Cueto & DL'd Pineda). Tampa Bay starter Matt Moore had so much buzz going into this season I was really hoping to get him in the draft. His #'s so far this year are 0 Wins, 11 K's out of 19.1 innings, an ERA of 5.12, and a 1.66 Whip .

I want to keep him, but his last chance before I have to at least bench him will be against the Angels thursday. The acne on his face tells the tale of a stressed mind, great expectations unmet, and a pitching talent rich franchise (Wade Davis & Alex Cobb are more than capable).

Im rooting for ya Matty!

A system of cells interlinked
You sent him to waivers??

Let;s guess how many claims get put in on him....10....12?

It was a tough drop for me. With CC Sabathia coming in that would have made 7 SPs, plus my 4 relievers. Cody Ross was still available (ranked 44th overall) and after losing Peralta & Zobrist I would have absolutely no bench, plus a need to fill a utility slot that wouldve been left open.

Moore was my 7th starting pitcher, and far behind the guy ranked 6th on my team. With the 1500 inning pitch limit I cannot afford to have 7 starters. The amount of innings you dont want to excede is around 62.50 a week. Say each pitcher pitches 3 games every 2 weeks, 6 innings per game, then your averaging 9 innings per week per starter. 9innings x 6 starters = 54 innings, and then I have 4 relief pitchers on top of that. Whichever pitcher I drop wouldve caused a waiver rush.

Well, despite being around the bottom of the pack roughly a month in, I actually feel pretty good about my team. My three best players--Cano, Upton, and Haren--have all played way below expectations, but I'm not worried much about any of them bouncing back. The players I was less sure about, like Wright, Hart, and Bruce, have been killing the ball, and Gordon might lead the entire majors in SBs.

So, I think I'd take these first few weeks over a few where I'm ranked higher, but the latter four guys are struggling and the former three are playing normally. The could-go-either-way-guys are what matter (unless a stud player really does collapse, which I'd say is unlikely), and so far they're all panning out.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
well this past few days sucked. I inadvertantly dropped Montero to waivers, was supposed to be Morneau.

the worst part was he gained C eligibility while on waivers,(thats the prime reason i drafted him in the first place) not too mention had a couple of hilight worthy nites, so no chance he was gonna cruise under the radar.

Yeah yeah yeah, Ive made some dumb drops, but you try constructing a team from a squad that coming in from the draft had 6 on the DL (Victor Martinez was all on me though , oopsie!).

Enjoy Ivan Novas' wins guys. I couldnt afford his ERA being Ive got to be strong in all categories to venture out of "bottom of the pack land". On the other hand, whoever lands Matt Moore....lets talk. Yes Im having droppers regrets, and wish I dropped Ted Lilly instead.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
19 outs in, and Anibal has 13 K's. But my god does the Marlins offense stink. I mean seriously. I think I've already written my team off this year and it's not even fricken May.

Another big day. Lester and Haren both pitched lights out. Pitching staff as a whole yesterday: 17 IP, one earned run, 0.71 WHIP, 16 Ks, two wins, two saves. I am pleased with this outcome.

Jumped three more spots in the rankings.

Hitters did quite well, too, but that matters less. Just eyeballing the numbers, pretty sure I'm 2nd in overall hitting, but 2nd from the bottom in pitching (just behind or ahead of Sedai in both, amusingly).

Bruce Chen why u do me like that.

i may never recover from that one outing era wise.

krikey

Chen pitched lights out vs the Jays and was tossen mozza balls vs the twinkies today.

I hear ya'. I've had, like, literally half a dozen things like that, where a starter gives up like 8 runs, or a reliever gives up 4 without recording an out. And it doesn't get wiped clean like in H2H. Takes a couple of good starts to wipe it away.