What are your top 5 films of 2022 so far

Tools    

Speak No Evil is great. The last 30 minutes gripped me like no other film has this year.

I really disliked Everything Everywhere All At Once. It gave me a headache and I couldn't wait for it to end.
Totally agreed again. Hated the latter.

Totally agreed again. Hated the latter.
Yeah some of the googly eyed rock segment was quite cute, but the editing and fast paced nature of it made me have repetitive eye strain. There's no jeopardy in a film like that. Literally anything can happen in a world with infinite parallel universes and sausages for fingers, so for me, I was taken out of the film. No tension, drama or anything had an effect. It had very much the same effect on me as a superhero or far fetched action film. The endless action is so far removed from a level of film where there is a deeply moving plot or a level of fear or romance or connecting emotion - because when literally anything can happen, it's not on a humanistic level. Glad others enjoyed it, but really not my thing.

The Exorcist (1973)
Hereditary (2018)
The Conjuring (2013)
The Shining (1980)
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Don't really know what your point is. What relevance is it? There are films in that list released by A24, Wild Bunch films, MUBI....hardly tiny companies.

Also, what qualifies as a 'mainstream release' ? Why does it matter? Does a film have to be released by Sony to be important?
Well yes, most of the movies mentioned are indie films, and not out and out hollywood releases

IEC TELECOM
my all favorite movie is related satellite technology[/url].
Enemy of the State (1998), Ice Station Zebra (1968), Radio Free Albemuth (2010), Post Impact (2004),

1. Everything Everywhere All At Once
2. Turning Red
3. Top Gun Maverick
4. The Northman
5. The Batman

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Got so many new names! This list will save my weekend!

My list so far would be:

Top 5:
Decision to Leave
Moonage Daydream
RRR
Three Thousand Years of Longing
Triangle of Sadness

Honorable mentions: Everything Everywhere All at Once, The Northman, Top Gun: Maverick, White Noise.

But there's a lot I still want to see. My most anticipated:
Aftersun, Babylon, Bones and All, Broker, Fire of Love, Saint Omer, Tár, The Banshees of Inisherin, The Fabelmans, The Quiet Girl

Here is my finalised list of my 15 favourite films of 2022:

1.Everything Everywhere All at Once
2.Turning Red
3.The Fabelmans
4.Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
5.X
6.Blonde
7.Thor: Love and Thunder
8.Nope
9.Pearl
10.The Woman King
11.Men
12.Crimes of the Future
13.Till
14.The Batman
15. The Banshees of Inisherin

5. X Was pretty disappointed with this one at the time, but I plan to rewatch it with Peal soon so it could move up.

4. Halloween Ends I liked this better the second time I watched it. I think this film made me appreciate Laurie Strode more.

3. Texas Chainsaw Massacre I had a blast with this.

2. Scream Caught this in the theater and had a good time with it even in spite of some cringey dialogue from Tara.

1. Terrifier 2 Of course this is my number one. It's a balls to the wall bloodbath! Sienna Shaw became a lot more likable than I thought she would be. And she got my blood pumping just as much as the kills.

Dune*
RRR
Bodies Bodies Bodies
X
The Batman

Amazing year for movies! I still haven’t seen EEAAO, Banshees, or Tar yet.

I got a little spooked by that trailer. Does it just appear to be woke?

I got a little spooked by that trailer. Does it just appear to be woke?
The main character is a lesbian, if that’s what you mean.

It’s a solid Agatha Christie style murder mystery, I thought it was better than Glass Onion, which was great.

The main character is a lesbian, if that’s what you mean.

It’s a solid Agatha Christie style murder mystery, I thought it was better than Glass Onion, which was great.
Sold.

(Dumbledore voice) "Another year...gone." Here's my list. I still have a lot left to see (RRR, Nope, etc.), but I'm not sure when I'll get to them.

1. Everything Everywhere All At Once
2. Barbarian
3. The Banshees of Inisherin
4. Top Gun: Maverick
5. After Yang
6. The Outfit
7. Prey
8. Weird: The Al Yankovic Story
9. God's Country
10. Emily the Criminal

My top 20 ended up being:

1.Aftersun
2.TÁR
3.Great Freedom
4.The Quiet Girl
5.Happening
6.Parallel Mothers
7.Bergman Island
8.Vortex
9.Decision to Leave
10.The Souvenir: Part II
11.Farha
12.Ballad of a White Cow
13.Playground
14.Hit the Road
15.Ali & Ava
16.The Beasts
17.The Tale of King Crab
18.Triangle of Sadness
19. The Banshees of Inisherin
20. A Chiara

It's a Hindi film that's been a big hit across the world and should be available on Netflix (at least it is for me in the UK). Looks like a lot of fun and I'll probably get to it soon too.