What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Which town is this?
(hope, it is not a secret)
Definitely a secret.

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
Wall E
Nomadland
I want these too, at least on DVD

I've gone a bit crazy on the blu ray spending lately. Bought:

The Trial 4k
Apocalypse Now 4k
The Piano 4k

Blu Ray:
Spartacus
The Big Clock
Bad Timing
The End of the World
The 39 Steps
Kings of the Road
Jia Zhanke trilogy
Amer
Man with a Movie Camea

Criterion Blu Ray:
Symbiopsychotaxiplasm
Badlands
Taste of Cherry
Dreams
Kiss me Deadly
Kagemusha

The Trial 4k
Apocalypse Now 4k
The Piano 4k

Blu Ray:
Spartacus
The Big Clock
Bad Timing
The End of the World
The 39 Steps
Kings of the Road
Jia Zhanke trilogy
Amer
Man with a Movie Camea

Criterion Blu Ray:
Symbiopsychotaxiplasm
Badlands
Taste of Cherry
Dreams
Kiss me Deadly
Kagemusha
How many DVDs do you think you have in your collection? I counted mine a year or so ago & had 700+.

How many DVDs do you think you have in your collection? I counted mine a year or so ago & had 700+.
281 Blu Rays and 8 DVDs. I haven't got space for many more so I will have to sell about 20 to make room.

wo

How do you store them?
Wherever I can find a spot. We do have a Victorian house so you’d think there would be plenty of room. If my husband would move some of his junk (he never will), there would be more room.

Can’t remember who, but I think there are people here who have more DVDs than I do. I’m a huge fan of streaming so very few DVDs will be bought in future.

PS When I have some time I will count them again. Should be easy as they are all written down in a little book.

Wherever I can find a spot. We do have a Victorian house so you’d think there would be plenty of room. If my husband would move some of his junk (he never will), there would be more room.

Can’t remember who, but I think there are people here who have more DVDs than I do. I’m a huge fan of streaming so very few DVDs will be bought in future.

PS When I have some time I will count them again. Should be easy as they are all written down in a little book.
I assume you watch all kinds of movies then?... i have a small collection because I'm so picky but i have a friend who will watch any kind of movie and gets a lot of them all, wish i was like that :P

You could do this if your husband moves some stuff

I assume you watch all kinds of movies then?... i have a small collection because I'm so picky but i have a friend who will watch any kind of movie and gets a lot of them all, wish i was like that :P
In the thread Movies You Could Not Finish, I am no. 1 with 470 movies I bailed out of. So most people would consider me “picky”.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

I keep my DVDs on bookcases. If I wait for them to go on sale, I can usually buy a four or five shelf bookcase for less than it costs for a DVD rack, and they hold a lot more discs. Plus, because they're deeper, I can display my Funko Pops in front of the DVDs.

I also have a few narrow DVD racks because they're good for fitting in smaller spaces.

I keep my DVDs on bookcases. If I wait for them to go on sale, I can usually buy a four or five shelf bookcase for less than it costs for a DVD rack, and they hold a lot more discs. Plus, because they're deeper, I can display my Funko Pops in front of the DVDs.

I also have a few narrow DVD racks because they're good for fitting in smaller spaces.
These are terrific. I bought two - each one holds 40 disks. I like them because they can be shoved under a coffee table or whatever out of the way. They’re very attractive.

PS Didn’t realize they’re stackable too until I read the blurb.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
These are terrific. I bought two - each one holds 40 disks. I like them because they can be shoved under a coffee table or whatever out of the way. They’re very attractive.

PS Didn’t realize they’re stackable too until I read the blurb.

I've seen these before, but they don't hold enough discs. They hold 40 discs each, which would be 80 discs for $15. The bookcases I buy cost about $35, and they have 5 shelves. Each shelf holds about 60 discs, so that's space for about 300 discs for $35.
Plus, I can also display my Funko Pops in front of the discs, and on top of the bookcase, so that's a bonus.

Those cases are good if you move your discs around a lot, or if you want to take them with you somewhere, but just for storage space, I prefer the bookcases.

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
Pippi Longstocking (1969)

I was so pleasantly surprised when saw this movie released on DVD.
Superb filming of the Astrid Lindgren's classic book. (She herself is a screenwriter here).
I've grew up with this film. It was a regular in the theaters and on the television during the late 70's and early 80's around here.
https://www.movieforums.com/movies/1...gstocking.html

The Trial 4k

Wait, what?!
Oh that's right, you live in a region B country.
This and Mulholland Drive (at the time) were the two blu-rays that forced me to invest into getting a region free Blu-ray player.
But thanks for getting the existence of the 4K onto my radar.

Wait, what?!
Oh that's right, you live in a region B country.
This and Mulholland Drive (at the time) were the two blu-rays that forced me to invest into getting a region free Blu-ray player.
But thanks for getting the existence of the 4K onto my radar.
Yeah. Similarly I saw this one. Realised I had to have it in my collection and that meant getting a new 4K multi region blu ray player:

So I did.

Yeah. Similarly I saw this one. Realised I had to have it in my collection and that meant getting a new 4K multi region blu ray player:

So I did.

So, I just checked, in the US, we still don't even have a 1080p/Blu-ray release of The Trial. The best we technically have is the old Milestone SD DVD.

I really don't understand how this one just doesn't have more hold here.

/orders a copy of the 4K off of the Amazon uk site, despite still not having a 4k TV. I'm future-proofing here!

So, I just checked, in the US, we still don't even have a 1080p/Blu-ray release of The Trial. The best we technically have is the old Milestone SD DVD.

I really don't understand how this one just doesn't have more hold here.

/orders a copy of the 4K off of the Amazon uk site, despite still not having a 4k TV. I'm future-proofing here!
That's really slack. There's no excuse for a film as popular as Welles' to not be available in the US on Blu Ray when it has a 4K release in another English speaking country.

Having said that there are films that have been announced on 4K Blu Ray this year in the US that still haven't been shown in the cinema here in the UK yet.