MoFo Fantasy Baseball 2022 - The Season

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Rounding third to the home stretch, everyone! Probably would have had a decent chance at second if my rounds 4-6 picks didn't end up being either total busts or semi-busts.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I think 5th will be my max unfortunately. There was a path to top 3 this year but I made a couple rough decisions trade and free agent wise.

One thing that freaks me out every single year is how, in the last month or weeks or week, you get to the point where there are certain good things your players can do that are totally meaningless. Like you're way ahead in runs or way behind in RBI so when someone gets one of those it doesn't matter at all. Weird feeling.

2 for 40 my team went tonight. Sadface....

I've rostered Pujols just so I can say he was on my team when he hit #700...

This will of course insure he doesn't get there this season!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I've rostered Pujols just so I can say he was on my team when he hit #700...

This will of course insure he doesn't get there this season!

Was briefly tied today in OBP, which is the category involving more data points than any other (thousands), and which Yahoo calculates down to the 8th decimal point. Not sure I've ever seen that even at midseason, let alone near the end of the year.

It took me so much longer than I thought it would to get over Jose Ramirez this season. I did finally turn a corner but it wasn't until almost September. If I get an early pick next year I'll probably grab him again next year, but I'm finally prepared to craft a new team and take another run at this thing without him if need be. I will never... EVER. Draft pitchers in the first 2 rounds again! EVER!

I will never... EVER. Draft pitchers in the first 2 rounds again! EVER!

Agreed, same, ditto, and etc..

Congratulations on your one millionth league championship Chris Seriously though there was no mistaking who the big dog was this season. Next year probably won't go as easy since we are all wise to drafting pitchers early. shudders

Thanks dude. Definitely a year to remember.

To be honest there's no perfect strategy, it's all based on what everyone else is doing. There's a version of this where people get so wise to not drafting pitchers early that they become undervalued again. I'll be looking out for that next year.

It took me so much longer than I thought it would to get over Jose Ramirez this season. I did finally turn a corner but it wasn't until almost September. If I get an early pick next year I'll probably grab him again next year, but I'm finally prepared to craft a new team and take another run at this thing without him if need be. I will never... EVER. Draft pitchers in the first 2 rounds again! EVER!
My 2nd round pitcher hasn't been bad, but he certainly hasn't been as good as he was last year, so yes...I agree with this! I drafted who turned out to be my best SP in the 8th round!

Add the fact that my 4th, 5th, and 6th rounders were all busts or semi-busts, and I am surprised at my current standing in the league...

Man, what a fantastic season @Yoda. It really has been a pleasure to watch. I don't know why I seem to enjoy this game more than ffb, but I do. It just agrees with me. And going up against someone such as yourself who is so adept attacking every category is so much fun!
I really appreciate this league. And I hope u all return again next year!

Thanks, PW. Your competition in this league the last few years has definitely spurred me to do my best and while nobody likes losing when it's happening, in the long-run that kind of thing is way more gratifying. And yeah, fantasy baseball (roto in particular) agrees with me, too. It feels like baseball, the day-in, day-out grind, every little decision mattering all season. It feels right.

Man, what a fantastic season @Yoda. It really has been a pleasure to watch. I don't know why I seem to enjoy this game more than ffb, but I do. It just agrees with me. And going up against someone such as yourself who is so adept attacking every category is so much fun!
I really appreciate this league. And I hope u all return again next year!
Thanks, PW. Your competition in this league the last few years has definitely spurred me to do my best and while nobody likes losing when it's happening, in the long-run that kind of thing is way more gratifying. And yeah, fantasy baseball (roto in particular) agrees with me, too. It feels like baseball, the day-in, day-out grind, every little decision mattering all season. It feels right.
Fantasy Football is like a great movie, but Fantasy Baseballs like a great book, and the books are usually better than the movie. I always miss it, I groaned about being bad at it earlier but the truth is the winning isnt the appeal to Fantasy Baseball, its the work itself. If I could focus this diligence on something constructive Id be a pro at it. Looking forward to next year, and I thank everyone for this being a great league. Year in and year out commitment from everyone is where the magic lies, salute!