Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Weird is relative.
Goin' Down the Road - 7/10

Nice, thanks for sharing the link! I've been wanting to watch this.

6/10. A good movie to watch. Not that intense or gripping. Just celebrating a courageous journalists. She got some cojones, I have to say. If it wasn't for Olivia Coleman, Rosemund Pike could have been a front runner for the Oscars! Although I am yet to see Roma.

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
I did a Blade marathon today because we got snowed out from school.
Blade: 9.5/10
Blade 2: 9/10
Blade: Trinity: 6/10
Nice, I always liked b2 over 1 though but no issue. Blade 3 was a huge disappointment.

The Florida Project 2017

Willem Dafoe and the kid actress were great. Beautiful cinematography, the delivery and story moved me..

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (2018)

At Close Range (1986)

Dramatic telling of the scrapes of a real-life criminal family with Sean Penn (son) and Christopher Walken (dad). The way it escalates from theft to increasingly violent and extreme criminality is quite sobering. 7/10
I love this movie! Penn and Walken are amazing in it. How they were both snubbed from any award nominations that year is beyond me, especially Walken who is deeply menacing in his role as the father. An extremely underrated and overlooked gem of a movie from the 80's. Dark, bleak, and grim, the movie haunted but fascinated me when I first watched it as a very young kid. And to add to my fascination, the movie's soundtrack, which consists of Madonna's best written song by far Live To Tell, is quite breathtaking. It's known that Penn, who was married to Madonna at the time, loved Live to Tell so much that he included it in the film.

I give the movie a solid
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"

Under the Eiffel Tower (Archie Borders, 2019): Going through midlife crisis can be a b***h. It certainly is for Stuart, who on a trip to France, proposes to his best friend's 24-year old daughter and gets rejected.This is the story of how a down and out man finds himself (and true love) in the French countryside. Sometimes feels like Sideways, but a feel good film nonetheless thanks to Matt Walsh's performance and chemistry with co-star/co-writer Juliet Godreche.

The Man Who Killed Hitler and Then the Bigfoot (Robert D. Krzykowski, 2019): Sam Elliott is perfectly cast in this feature film directorial debut for former journalist turned filmmaker Krzykowski. Despite its grindhouse-esque title, the film is actually a powerful drama about a man who during his stint in World War II, was responsible for killing Adolf Hitler and how the events of the war has affected his life during and after the war. Then the FBI come and tell this man they are cooperating with the Canadian government and due to his skills, ask him to hunt down the Bigfoot. That may sound farfetched but both Elliott and Aidan Turner (as Elliott's younger self in the WWII scenes) drive the film to a tee and it's great to see Larry Miller in a non-comedic role as Elliott's sympathetic brother, the local barber.

"I know I'm human..."
Superfights
Pleasantly surprised by this weird little movie, which for sure tried to play off of the Hulk Hogan WWF wave of mega-popularity in the late 80s and early 90s, which culminates in a movie which is about a sort of UFC style Fight League that turns out to be fixed. Really dumb and silly movie that kept my attention but doesn't really have any memorable moments to speak of; except of course for the appearance of Chuck Jefferies (Hawkeye) and his spot on Eddie Murphy impression (just like in Hawkeye, which I also recommend.) Four Flairs our of Five

Movie Podcaster and general film buff.

Superfights
Pleasantly surprised by this weird little movie, which for sure tried to play off of the Hulk Hogan WWF wave of mega-popularity in the late 80s and early 90s, which culminates in a movie which is about a sort of UFC style Fight League that turns out to be fixed. Really dumb and silly movie that kept my attention but doesn't really have any memorable moments to speak of; except of course for the appearance of Chuck Jefferies (Hawkeye) and his spot on Eddie Murphy impression (just like in Hawkeye, which I also recommend.) Four Flairs our of Five
Great film. Sadly, it would be the only film of star Brandon Gaines, who opted not to continue his film career. He has awesome martial arts skills. He is a motivational speaker and rabbi today. I did hear that Keith Strandberg was influenced to write the film about hearing about the famous WWF 90's steroid scandal. And I have talked to Chuck years ago on numerous occasions...great guy!

"I know I'm human..."
does he play the babyface main character? thats too bad because for a small movie, hes really fantastic.

does he play the babyface main character? thats too bad because for a small movie, hes really fantastic.
Yes, Brandon was the baby faced main hero, Jack Cody.

Rock music and action movie obsessed guy,
M. Night Shamalan wrote that film uncredited

Welcome to the human race...
M. Night Shamalangadingdong wrote that film uncredited
he should do an uncredited rewrite on this post

Wallace and Gromit in 'A Matter of Loaf and Death' -

gotta wonder why Gromit puts up with Wallace's sh*t

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
M. Night Shamalangadingdong wrote that film uncredited
It was also that last movie Gene Siskel reviewed. He gave it a thumbs up.

Suspect's Reviews

I won't dance. Don't ask me...

50 years after Cathy Come Home, another brilliant movie from Ken Loach. Really powerful movie. Made me cry a little.
Outstanding, phenomenal, tremendous

That’s a shame...

I saw 2001 as part of my cinematic journey when I tried to watch all the “big ones” to learn as much as possible. I gave it a 6/10 I think, moslty because it was pretty and a classic in others eyes. I could see the influence also and such. But not really for me.

Then I saw it again some time later and quite liked it. A 7-8/10 or something. Then some years later, I watched it yet again and awarded it the big 10/10.