Duets Song Tournament

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
@mojofilter

I'll be away until Sunday night, so I won't be able to find songs to nominate for a couple of days, but if this is still open for nominations when I get back, I'll join this tournament.

I'm working on my noms for this tournament now, and I'll have them posted tonight. Hopefully it's not too late.

I'm hoping at least 1 MORE MOFO joins so we can have an odd number players.

Any volunteers?
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Ok, so we have 6 players with 48 songs total

This should be a quick tourney.

In case of a tie, @Gatsby has agreed to be the designated tie-breaker.

In case he is not available, I've asked @cricket to be a backup.

Round 1 will be up shortly!

ROUND 1 DAY 1

4-George Michael, Aretha Franklin - I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me) * Alt. Link VS. 5-Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow-----Picture

5-Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes------------Time Of My Life VS. 4-George Michael, Elton John - Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me

2-All I Want Is Forever - Regina Belle and James 'JT' Taylor VS. 1-Stevie Nicks & Tom Petty – Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around

1-Temple of the Dog & Eddie Vedder – Hunger Strike VS. 5-Pitbull and Kesha-----Timber

4-Frank & Nancy Sinatra - Something stupid VS. 2-True To Your Heart - 98 Degrees and Stevie Wonder

3-Skillet - Hero (John and Jen) VS. 6-Reba McEntire (ft. Linda Davis) - Does He Love You

4-Joe Cocker & Jennifer Warnes - Up where we belong VS. 2-Heal The Pain - George Michael and Paul McCartney

1-Kenny Loggins & Steve Perry – Don’t Fight It VS. 6-Tanya Tucker and T. Graham Brown - Don't Go Out

5-Tim McGraw and Faith Hill----It's Your Love VS. 4-Eros Ramazzotti & Tina Turner - Cose Della Vita

4-MIRIAM MAKEBA & NINA SIMONE Thulasizwe / I Shall Be Released VS. 2-What Have I Done to Deserve This - Pet Shop Boys and Dusty Springfield

3-Billy Talent - Ghost Ship Of Cannibal Rats (Ben and Ian) VS. 6-Olivia Newton-John (ft. Cliff Richards) - Suddenly

3-Seether ft. Amy Lee - Broken VS. 1-Patty Smyth & Don Henley – Sometimes Love Just Ain’t Enough

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
@mojofilter

Not to mess anything up here (now that we've gotten started ), but one of these songs has already won a tournament:

Love Song Tournament Winner:
"(I've Had) The Time of My Life" - Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes
Nominated by The Gunslinger45

Just thought I would let you know.

4-George Michael, Aretha Franklin - I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me) * Alt. Link VS. 5-Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow-----Picture

5-Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes------------Time Of My Life VS. 4-George Michael, Elton John - Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me

2-All I Want Is Forever - Regina Belle and James 'JT' Taylor VS. 1-Stevie Nicks & Tom Petty – Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around

1-Temple of the Dog & Eddie Vedder – Hunger Strike VS. 5-Pitbull and Kesha-----Timber

4-Frank & Nancy Sinatra - Something stupid
VS. 2-True To Your Heart - 98 Degrees and Stevie Wonder

3-Skillet - Hero (John and Jen) VS. 6-Reba McEntire (ft. Linda Davis) - Does He Love You

4-Joe Cocker & Jennifer Warnes - Up where we belong VS. 2-Heal The Pain - George Michael and Paul McCartney

1-Kenny Loggins & Steve Perry – Don’t Fight It VS. 6-Tanya Tucker and T. Graham Brown - Don't Go Out

5-Tim McGraw and Faith Hill----It's Your Love VS. 4-Eros Ramazzotti & Tina Turner - Cose Della Vita

4-MIRIAM MAKEBA & NINA SIMONE Thulasizwe / I Shall Be Released VS. 2-What Have I Done to Deserve This - Pet Shop Boys and Dusty Springfield

3-Billy Talent - Ghost Ship Of Cannibal Rats (Ben and Ian) VS. 6-Olivia Newton-John (ft. Cliff Richards) - Suddenly

3-Seether ft. Amy Lee - Broken VS. 1-Patty Smyth & Don Henley – Sometimes Love Just Ain’t Enough

4-Frank & Nancy Sinatra - Something stupid VS. 2-True To Your Heart - 98 Degrees and Stevie Wonder

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken

4-Frank & Nancy Sinatra - Something stupid
VS. 2-True To Your Heart - 98 Degrees and Stevie Wonder

1 Picture
2 Time Of My Life
3 All I Want Is Forever
4 Timber
5 Does He Love You
6 Up Where We Belong
7 Dont Go Out
8 Its Your Love
9 What Have I Done To Deserve This
10 Suddenly
11 Broken

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
ROUND 1 DAY 1

4-Frank & Nancy Sinatra - Something Stupid VS. 2-True To Your Heart - 98 Degrees and Stevie Wonder

4-Joe Cocker & Jennifer Warnes - Up Where We Belong VS. 2-Heal The Pain - George Michael and Paul McCartney

I can't come to terms with Tom Petty and Stevie Nicks losing in the first round to Regina f**king Belle and James Taylor!

Stop Draggin' My Heart Around, I thought, was going to go all the way and possibly win the whole thing. But yet again, this is the MovieForums. You guys never cease to amuse me.

Anyways...Day 2 will be up shortly

Master of My Domain

That Seether song is now gone thanks to me.

ROUND 1 DAY 2

5-Celine Dion and Brian McNight-----Beauty and The Beast VS. 4-Bing Crosby and David Bowie - Little Drummer Boy / Peace On Earth

4-Toše Proeski & Gianna Nannini - Aria VS. 3-blink-182 - I Miss You (Tom and Mark)

2-A Whole New World - Peabo Bryson and Regina Belle VS. 1-The Jacksons & Mick Jagger – State of Shock

2-I Wanna Be Free - The Monkees VS. 6-Mike Reno and Ann Wilson - Almost Paradise (from "Footloose")

5-Trisha Yearwood and Don Henley---Walkaway Joe VS. 3-Linkin Park - Faint (Shinoda and Chester)

3-Linkin Park - Bleed It Out (Shinoda and Chester) VS. 5-Sonny and Cher----I Got You Babe

6-Dwight Yoakam and Buck Owens - Streets of Bakersfield VS. 3-System Of A Down - Old School Hollywood (Serj And Daron)

2-Ain't No Mountain High Enough - Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell VS. 1-John Lennon & Elton John – Whatever Gets You Thru the Night

2-If I Told You That - Whitney Houston and George Michael VS. 6-Reba McEntire (ft. Linda Davis) - Does He Love You

5-Moby and Gwen Stefanie---South Side VS. 3-Bullet For My Valentine - Don't Need You (live) (Matt and Jamie)

6-Diana Ross and Lionel Richie - Endless Love VS. 1-Michael Jackson & Janet Jackson - Scream

1-Eric Clapton & Babyface – Change the World VS. 6-Anita Cochran and Steve Wariner - What If I Said