Joel Schumacher Apologizes for Batman and Robin

Tools    

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.3244222

"I was scum. It was like I had murdered a baby," Schumacher said in an interview with Vice.

About the infamous suits:
"Such a sophisticated world we live in where two pieces of rubber the size of erasers on old pencils, those little nubs, can be an issue. It's going to be on my tombstone, I know it," Schumacher said.

Poor Joel
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

This might just do nobody any good.
Awful movie but they knew what they were doing.

Joel really shouldn't have apologize for it. He's got nothing to answer for. It really didn't harm anyone.

People seem to forget that the nipples first appeared on the batsuits in Batman Forever (1995). It was still a Schumacher film, but is much less panned than Batman & Robin (1997).

Awful movie but they knew what they were doing.

Joel really shouldn't have apologize for it. He's got nothing to answer for. It really didn't harm anyone.
It seemed Schumacher was trying to move away from some of the darkness of the Burton films and make something more reminiscent of the Batman TV series - he definitely payed homage to it with lighting, colors, camera angles, background music and comedic colorful scenery-chewing over-the-top villains.

I haven't watched Batman & Robin since I was a kid, so save for the more infamous moments (which is like half the movie honestly) I have no recollection of the movie as a whole, nor do I intend on watching it anytime soon. It just doesn't appeal to me, and I know I'd hate it. But, as Captain Steel said, there are many iterations of Batman, and there was enough room for something that took itself less seriously. Even if it sucked, it's aspirations, in terms of tone, was not the core issue of the movie, just look at Lego Batman, it didn't have to rely on a dark tone to succeed. I honestly can't be too mad about it. We got two great films beforehand that were completely separated, so it's not like the last two ruined those.

Plus, let's not act like Batman was the only thing the 90's got wrong. Star Wars, Godzilla, and Mario Bros got it just as bad.That era was a wasteland for horrible blockbusters, was anyone really that surprised?

He has nothing to apologize for.

He should apologize for apologizing.

Originally Posted by the article
Despite the film not being very good, it did result in large amounts of merchandise sales and Schumacher was actually ready to make yet another Batman movie before he decided not to. He said he was talking to Nicolas Cage about coming on to play the Scarecrow because he was running out of villains, but ultimately told the studio he was out "for his own sanity."
Do you see what you guys did?

@Joel was about to make a sequel to Batman & Robin with Nicolas Cage.

Nicolas Cage.

As the Scarecrow in the sequel to Batman & Robin.

The sequel to Batman & Robin.

Had he made this movie, nobody would even remember Batman & Robin as a bad movie BECAUSE EVERYONE WOULD BE TALKING ABOUT THE FILM AFTER IT WITH NICOLAS CAGE AS THE SCARECROW.

Nicolas Cage.

Next time, ya'll..... PLEASE SHUT YOUR MOUTHS.

You ruined it. You all killed Amadeus. The masterpiece never came into existence because you all complained too early. Please learn to be quiet. Please have patience.

This would have happened/this would have been made (this Joel Schumacher sequel to Batman & Robin) in 2017 because everyone's trying to be as nice as possible and love every piece of garbage that gets made. This Nicolas Cage/Joel Schumacher Batman sequel to Batman & Robin would have been made today. But all of you 1997 people..... you just had to be rude, didn't ya? I am so glad this is the age of Social Justice Warriors. They would have shut up and guilt tripped anybody who complained about Batman & Robin. We would have had Nicolas Cage as the Scarecrow in the 1990's if they had only been around then.

Nicolas Cage plays a scarecrow in most of his movies. Just look at the face he makes in all of them
But nobody ever got to see that face staring down Batman.

Do you see what you guys did?

@Joel was about to make a sequel to Batman & Robin with Nicolas Cage.

Nicolas Cage.

As the Scarecrow in the sequel to Batman & Robin.

Had he made this movie, nobody would even remember Batman & Robin as a bad movie BECAUSE EVERYONE WOULD BE TALKING ABOUT THE FILM AFTER IT WITH NICOLAS CAGE AS THE SCARECROW.

Nicolas Cage.

Next time, ya'll..... PLEASE SHUT YOUR MOUTHS.

You ruined it. You all killed Amadeus. The masterpiece never came into existence because you all complained too early. Please learn to be quiet. Please have patience.

This would have happened/this would have been made (this Joel Schumacher sequel to Batman & Robin) in 2017 because everyone's trying to be as nice as possible and love every piece of garbage that gets made. This Nicolas Cage/Joel Schumacher Batman sequel to Batman & Robin would have been made today. But all of you 1997 people..... you just had to be rude, didn't ya? I am so glad this is the age of Social Justice Warriors. They would have shut up and guilt tripped anybody who complained about Batman & Robin. We would have had Nicolas Cage as the Scarecrow in the 1990's if they had only been around then.
Cage wouldn't be a great Scarecrow IMO. Two-Face, yes. Black Mask, yes. But I just don't see him as Crane.
I thought that Harley was lined up for the sequel to B&R anyway? wasn't it going to be called Batman:Triumphant or something?

Cage wouldn't be a great Scarecrow IMO. Two-Face, yes. Black Mask, yes. But I just don't see him as Crane.
I thought that Harley was lined up for the sequel to B&R anyway? wasn't it going to be called Batman:Triumphant or something?
Correct. I believe the villains were supposed to be Scarecrow and Harley Quinn (out for revenge for The Joker's death). And Scarecrow was supposed to make Batman hallucinate that he was seeing Joker and other past villains coming back for him.

Actually, what would have been better is Nicolas Cage AS Batman.

Correct. I believe the villains were supposed to be Scarecrow and Harley Quinn (out for revenge for The Joker's death). And Scarecrow was supposed to make Batman hallucinate that he was seeing Joker and other past villains coming back for him.
Hallucinating? perfect opportunity for a Batdance

This might just do nobody any good.
He was looking at Cage and Jeff Goldblum for Scarecrow and Madonna for Harley.