Classic Rock Song Tournament

Tools    

let me put my nom in right now !

1. Jefferson Starship - Jane vs. Blackfoot - Train, Train(like both tho)

2. Joan Jett - I Love Rock and Roll vs. Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song (Love both once again)

3. Kansas - Carry On Wayward Son vs. Queen - Fat Bottomed Girls (Top 10 song ever for me.)

4. The Who-Squeeze Box vs. Peter Frampton - Do You Feel Like We Do

5. ACDC - Whole Lotta Rosie vs. Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train (Devastating)

6. Bay City Rollers - Saturday Night vs. Aerosmith - Make It

7. Eric Clapton - Cocaine vs. The Allman Brothers-Whipping Post (I like Clapton but never like this one of him...)

8. Santana - Black Magic Woman vs. Motorhead - Ace of Spades (Devastating)

ALL NOMINATIONS CLOSED / FINAL.

No more people can join. Rock 1, Part 2 will be posted in a minute for people to work on tomorrow.

1. Jefferson Starship - Jane

2. Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song

3. Kansas - Carry On Wayward Son

4. The Who-Squeeze Box

5. Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train

6. Aerosmith - Make It

7. Eric Clapton - Cocaine

8. Santana - Black Magic Woman
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Hey @Derek Vinyard

@Doolallyfrank already nominated "Ratt - Round and Round."

Need you to choose a different song, please.

1. Electric Light Orchestra - Mr. Blue Sky vs. Heart - Crazy on You

2. Van Halen - Runnin' with the Devil vs. Fleetwood Mac - That's All For Everyone

3. ZZ Top - Sharp Dressed Man vs. Judas Priest - Victim of Changes (A shambe one of these should lose)

4. Dio - Night People vs. Ted Nugent - Hey Baby (Interesting match-up once again like both)

5. Janis Joplin-Down on Me vs. Ram Jam - Black Betty (I'm a fan of Joplin but unfortunately not this song)

6. Foreigner - Urgent vs. XTC - Complicated Game

7. Wings - Hi Hi Hi vs. Robin Trower - Too Rollin Stone

8. Styx - Mr. Roboto vs. Grand Funk Railroad - Some Kind of Wonderful (Two classic but I like Grand Funk way more)

I love this tournament

1. Electric Light Orchestra - Mr. Blue Sky vs. Heart - Crazy on You
Not my favorite song from ELO - and I like Crazy on You - but an easy choice.

2. Van Halen - Runnin' with the Devil vs. Fleetwood Mac - That's All For Everyone
Pfft, as if I'd vote any other way although that's one of the few Van Halen songs I like.

3. ZZ Top - Sharp Dressed Man vs. Judas Priest - Victim of Changes
My favorite ZZ Top song.

4. Dio - Night People vs. Ted Nugent - Hey Baby
F*** Ted Nugent.

5. Janis Joplin-Down on Me vs. Ram Jam - Black Betty
Easy choice, also this song makes me think of Captain Spaulding

I don't think I've ever heard the other one before and it just didn't do anything for me.

I like a lot of what McCartney has done - though he's responsible for the worst song ever - but this one's not doing it for me.

8. Styx - Mr. Roboto vs. Grand Funk Railroad - Some Kind of Wonderful
Like both, but still an easy choice.

[b]ROCK 1, PART 2[/B[

1. Electric Light Orchestra - Mr. Blue Sky vs. Heart - Crazy on You-Like one, love the other.

2. Van Halen - Runnin' with the Devil vs. Fleetwood Mac - That's All For Everyone-I don't love Devil as much as I once did though.

3. ZZ Top - Sharp Dressed Man vs. Judas Priest - Victim of Changes-ZZ Top's best stuff is from the 70's, but I'll still give them the slight edge here.

4. Dio - Night People vs. Ted Nugent - Hey Baby-Both good, but neither is a favorite.

5. Janis Joplin-Down on Me vs. Ram Jam - Black Betty-It seems like I hear Black Betty everywhere I go. Sometimes I love it, sometimes not.

6. Foreigner - Urgent vs. XTC - Complicated Game-I liked the second, but it's tough voting for something I'm hearing for the first time against something I've liked for 35 years.

7. Wings - Hi Hi Hi vs. Robin Trower - Too Rollin Stone-The first is just ok for me.

8. Styx - Mr. Roboto vs. Grand Funk Railroad - Some Kind of Wonderful-I never cared for the second song, but the first song has always sucked.

1.Electric Light Orchestra - Mr. Blue Sky vs. Heart - Crazy on You
Mr. Blue Sky is easily the better song here

Van Halen, of course. That's not one of Fleetwood's best songs.

3. ZZ Top - Sharp Dressed Man vs. Judas Priest - Victim of Changes
Second song didn't do much for me

4. Dio - Night People vs. Ted Nugent - Hey Baby
Never mind his personality and politics, which both suck, Ted Nugent never appealed to me

5. Janis Joplin-Down on Me vs. Ram Jam - Black Betty
I've always liked the second song but never knew who sang it or what it was called
Easy match! Foreigner is one of my favorite bands.

Hi Hi Hi is one of Wings' best jams

8. Styx - Mr. Roboto vs. Grand Funk Railroad - Some Kind of Wonderful

Mr. Roboto got this