Showdown Song Tournament: Battle of the Male Solo Artists

Tools    

Cranking one off to Steve Perry would give me immense shame, cricket is clearly a better man than I

Nominations are CLOSED!

BATTLE ONE will be posted shortly...

By the way, I'm glad to see Steve Perry, George Harrison, and Peter Gabriel in this race! This is gonna be good!
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
sorry for the bad links! @gbgoodies, what do I need to be aware of to avoid US only?

Mojo - could we not have shorter rounds? that's nigh on 2 hours worth of songs to listen to. I'll not get that listened to in a 24 hour period. Just saying

Mojo - could we not have shorter rounds? that's nigh on 2 hours worth of songs to listen to. I'll not get that listened to in a 24 hour period. Just saying
Don't worry about the 24 hour window.

I'll keep it open until all votes are in.

yeah, it was quite laborious to listen to all those songs. I would divide it in two separate blocks but you cannot save drafts here so you need to do it all in one turn

NF - Notepad VS. George Harrison - Crackerbox Palace

George Harrison - This Song VS. Steve Perry - Oh Sherrie (For The Win)

Bryan Adams - Cuts Like a Knife VS. Peter Gabriel - More than this

Bob Seger - Still the Same VS. Marvin Gaye - I'll Be Doggone * Alt. Link

Rag 'n' Bone Man - Lay My Body Down VS. Frank Ocean - Swim Good

Lou Reed - Perfect Day VS. Steve Perry - Strung Out

Frank Ocean - Golden Girl VS. Bryan Adams - The Only Thing that Looks Good on Me is You

Frank Ocean - There Will Be Tears VS. Peter Gabriel - In Your Eyes

NF - Motivated VS. Lou Reed - Strawman

NF - Therapy Session VS. Peter Gabriel - Solsbury Hill

Frank Ocean - We All Try VS. George Harrison - Blow Away

Bob Seger - Sunspot Baby VS. Marvin Gaye - Can I Get A Witness

Marvin Gaye - What's Going On VS. Peter Gabriel - Red Rain

Bob Seger - Her Strut VS. Rag 'n' Bone Man - Life In Her Yet

Lou Reed - Vicious VS. Rag 'n' Bone Man - As You Are

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken

George Harrison - This Song VS. Steve Perry - Oh Sherrie

Frank Ocean - Golden Girl VS. Bryan Adams - The Only Thing that Looks Good on Me is You

BATTLE ONE

NF - Notepad VS. George Harrison - Crackerbox Palace-That's an upset.

George Harrison - This Song VS. Steve Perry - Oh Sherrie-I love Sherrie.

Bryan Adams - Cuts Like a Knife VS. Peter Gabriel - More than this-Not a huge Adams fan, but I like some of his songs and that's one of them.

Bob Seger - Still the Same VS. Marvin Gaye - I'll Be Doggone * Alt. Link-I don't think I'll be voting against Seger; I love all the songs too much.

Rag 'n' Bone Man - Lay My Body Down VS. Frank Ocean - Swim Good-Not familiar with either artist. So far so good, but I preferred the first song.

Lou Reed - Perfect Day VS. Steve Perry - Strung Out-I used to mess around with a girl who looked like Steve Perry. She didn't look like a dude.

Frank Ocean - There Will Be Tears VS. Peter Gabriel - In Your Eyes-I've always disliked that second song.

Lou Reed - Vicious VS. Rag 'n' Bone Man - As You Are-Think I'll be voting for both of these guys a lot.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
BATTLE ONE

NF - Notepad VS. George Harrison - Crackerbox Palace just a fun, enjoyable song

George Harrison - This Song VS. Steve Perry - Oh Sherrie actually rather hard call for these two

Bryan Adams - Cuts Like a Knife VS. Peter Gabriel - More than this another hard one to vote on

Bob Seger - Still the Same VS. Marvin Gaye - I'll Be Doggone * Alt. Link Love Seger, but, I'll be doggone

Rag 'n' Bone Man - Lay My Body Down VS. Frank Ocean - Swim Good really love the somber tones of Rag n Bone Man

Lou Reed - Perfect Day VS. Steve Perry - Strung Out gonna hafta go with Reed on this one

Frank Ocean - Golden Girl VS. Bryan Adams - The Only Thing that Looks Good on Me is You Don't remember this Adams song; pretty solid

Frank Ocean - There Will Be Tears VS. Peter Gabriel - In Your Eyes This nearly went with Gabriel, always liked this song but Ocean had something a little more

NF - Motivated VS. Lou Reed - Strawman Lou Reed, my man

NF - Therapy Session VS. Peter Gabriel - Solsbury Hill this is like THE song when you talk about Gabriel

Frank Ocean - We All Try VS. George Harrison - Blow Away always loved this song

Bob Seger - Sunspot Baby VS. Marvin Gaye - Can I Get A Witness Gotta be honest, sunspot d@mn near took it

Marvin Gaye - What's Going On VS. Peter Gabriel - Red Rain gotta go with Marvin

Bob Seger - Her Strut VS. Rag 'n' Bone Man - Life In Her Yet LOOOVE to watch her strut!

Lou Reed - Vicious VS. Rag 'n' Bone Man - As You Are Rag n Bone Man has a great lil old gospel feel that I like

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
@edarsenal

sorry for the bad links! @gbgoodies, what do I need to be aware of to avoid US only?

If you look at the image in the video, (see the screenshot below). it has the album cover on the left side of the screen, and the right side of the screen has the song title, the artist's name, and the album title. Also, the uploader is usually either the artist's name or the music company's name with the word "Topic" after their name.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	YT-US-Only.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	290.0 KB
ID:	30752  

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
BATTLE ONE

Bryan Adams - Cuts Like a Knife VS. Peter Gabriel - More Than This

Bob Seger - Still the Same VS. Marvin Gaye - I'll Be Doggone (Two great songs. It's a shame one of them has to go so early.)

Lou Reed - Perfect Day VS. Steve Perry - Strung Out (I love Steve Perry's voice, but I liked the Lou Reed song better than the Steve Perry song.)

Frank Ocean - Golden Girl VS. Bryan Adams - The Only Thing that Looks Good on Me is You (I liked the Frank Ocean song a lot until it got to the rap part at the end of the song. I like Bryan Adams, and I would have voted for most of his other songs over it, but I don't like that specific Bryan Adams song.)

Frank Ocean - We All Try VS. George Harrison - Blow Away (I liked both songs. I had to listen to them twice to decide which way to vote.)

Marvin Gaye - What's Going On VS. Peter Gabriel - Red Rain (I might have voted for the Peter Gabriel song if it was up against a different song, but that Marvin Gaye song is one of his best songs.)

Lou Reed - Vicious VS. Rag 'n' Bone Man - As You Are (I've never heard of Rag 'n' Bone Man before, but I like him a lot.)

On a side note, there were 30 songs in this set, and none of them were my noms. I knew the randomizer was bad sometimes, but I didn't think it was that bad.