My Favorite Jane Fonda Performances

Tools    

She placed # 2 on my list of favorite second generation performers. First born daughter to screen legend Henry Fonda, this is an actress who has spent the majority of her career redefining herself. Starting with her 1960 film debut, she went through what I like to call her "sex kitten" phase but then her political views began getting in the way of her career but her political views also seemed to motivate her to take a more serious attitude toward her career and the kind of films she did definitely changed. Her film career stalled in 1990 but she didn't exactly disappear...she then became an exercise icon through a series of exercise videos she made which kept her name everywhere. She returned to films in 2005 and continues to be a Hollywood power player whose impressive career has netted her 7 Oscar nominations, 2 Oscars, 7 Golden Globes, and an Emmy. These are my favorite Jane Fonda performances:

This might just do nobody any good.
She was super hot at one time
She and Julie Newmar were astonishing in their prime.
So much that Roger Vadim made a whole movie to show her off and laugh in the face of all other men.

Were you in the HoF when I nominated Coming Home?
No but i've seen it. I knew i was forgetting something. Yeah, she was hot in that too. Don't think i liked that as much as you and i'm not crazy about Klute either but she is great in both of them.

She and Julie Newmar were astonishing in their prime.
Love how every fourth post of yours mentions Newmar

I had no idea who played Catwoman in the old Batman show even though i thought she was great until i came here.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I havent seen her in anything for ages and had no idea she switched to tv for a while.

This should be a good list Gideon, I always like Jane Fonda in her movies, so this should be a fun list to follow along
I know you're a big Jane fan Citizen and wanted to make sure you were aware before proceeding.

Jane Harper, Fun with Dick and Jane

Slapstick comedy wasn't really Jane's long suit, but I really liked her in this 1977 comedy in which she and George Segal played an upwardly mobile couple who find themselves unemployed and sinking so deeply into debt that they must turn to crime as a last resort. The film was remade with Jim Carrey and Tea Leoni, but I prefer the original, mainly because of Fonda.