Showdown Song Tournament: Battle of the Bands

Tools    

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

BATTLE ONE
continued

Creedance Clearwater Revival - Someday Never Comes VS. Bad Company - Sweet Lil Sister

Creedance Clearwater Revival - Up Around the Bend VS. Penguin Corpse - Mi Nombre Es Billy
This song is simply the GOAT

Penguin Corpse - Pengrind VS. Bad Company - Ready For Love
The tension in this one is palpable - very few songs ever manage that level of intensity!

Bad Company - Run With The Pack VS. Led Zeppelin - Night Flight

Penguin Corpse - Penguinviolence! VS. Journey - Wheel in the Sky
PC roolz innit *squawk*

Led Zeppelin - Since I've Been Loving You VS. Foreigner - Feels Like the First Time
I used this link for the anthem to virgins everywhere - no offence to whoever nominated it

System of a Down - Revenga VS. Ian Dury & the Blockheads - Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick

Penguin Corpse - Mega Massive Mooo! VS. Foreigner - Jukebox Hero
PC at their finest proving tunes don't need to be endlessly boring

Journey - Open Arms VS. Ian Dury & the Blockheads - Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll

Of Monsters and Men - Little Talks VS. Creedance Clearwater Revival - Midnight Special
This one was tuff!

Bad Company - Can't Get Enough VS. Foreigner - I Want to Know What Love Is

System of a Down - Mr Jack VS. Ian Dury & the Blockheads - Jack Sh*t George

Loving the lack of identifiers btw - good work mojo - always nice not to see them

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
BATTLE ONE - continued

Creedance Clearwater Revival - Someday Never Comes VS. Bad Company - Sweet Lil Sister

Creedance Clearwater Revival - Up Around the Bend VS. Penguin Corpse - Mi Nombre Es Billy

Led Zeppelin - Since I've Been Loving You VS. Foreigner - Feels Like the First Time

System of a Down - Revenga VS. Ian Dury & the Blockheads - Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick

Journey - Open Arms VS. Ian Dury & the Blockheads - Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll

Of Monsters and Men - Little Talks VS. Creedance Clearwater Revival - Midnight Special

Creedance Clearwater Revival - Up Around the Bend VS. Penguin Corpse - Mi Nombre Es Billy the goat is inspired! and he can speak Spanish!

Penguin Corpse - Mega Massive Mooo! VS. Foreigner - Jukebox Hero not so mad on that PC one. It lacks the finesse of some of the others. No beef with him personally but the cow's performance isn't up to scratch

System of a Down - Mr Jack VS. Ian Dury & the Blockheads - Jack Sh*t George - shame SoaD's songs keep coming up against the Blockheads cos I would've voted for em otherwise

BATTLE ONE
continued

Creedance Clearwater Revival - Someday Never Comes VS. Bad Company - Sweet Lil Sister-Close enough for me to give it a thought.

Penguin Corpse - Pengrind VS. Bad Company - Ready For Love-It looks like I'm really gonna have to hate the other song to side with the Penguins.

Bad Company - Run With The Pack VS. Led Zeppelin - Night Flight-Tough call as neither is a favorite from their band, but that's one of my least favorites from Zep.

Penguin Corpse - Penguinviolence! VS. Journey - Wheel in the Sky-One of my favorites from Journey.

Led Zeppelin - Since I've Been Loving You VS. Foreigner - Feels Like the First Time-Chyp is right, the original link provided did not sound good. I give the real version the edge in this match.

System of a Down - Revenga VS. Ian Dury & the Blockheads - Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick-I think that's the first song from the Blockheads that I didn't care for.

Penguin Corpse - Mega Massive Mooo! VS. Foreigner - Jukebox Hero-Not the favorite it once was, but still great.

Journey - Open Arms VS. Ian Dury & the Blockheads - Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll-Too much love and nostalgia for the first song.

Of Monsters and Men - Little Talks VS. Creedance Clearwater Revival - Midnight Special-The first was pretty decent.

Bad Company - Can't Get Enough VS. Foreigner - I Want to Know What Love Is-That's not a terrible ballad from Foreigner in comparison to other ballads, but that's about the time the band started going down the crapper.

System of a Down - Mr Jack VS. Ian Dury & the Blockheads - Jack Sh*t George-I got a kick out of the second but it's not something I'd listen to.

It looks like I'm really gonna have to hate the other song to side with the Penguins
Penguinophobe!!

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
great challenges - I'll be voting this evening

Creedance Clearwater Revival - Someday Never Comes VS. Bad Company - Sweet Lil Sister (I like Bad Company but that song was just ok for me)

Penguin Corpse - Penguinviolence! VS. Journey - Wheel in the Sky (My 2nd favorite Journey song ever. Magical.)

System of a Down - Mr Jack VS. Ian Dury & the Blockheads - Jack Sh*t George (This song is perfection)

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
BATTLE ONE CONTINUED

Both great rock classics! The second just sounded a little better this time around

That Penguin Corpse song at least sounds more like a song than the first 2 in this tourney. Still can't beat CCR's awesome tune.

No luck for Penguin Corpse...at all, and that was a tolerable song by them

Led Zep have way better songs, Bad Co. has few better songs.

No contest!

Both songs are meh

Somebody needs to retire PC from this tourney. I'm starting to feel bad for them

Nothing wrong with CCR here, but, my God, Of Monsters and Men are just too contagious. I think I just discovered a new favorite band!

Foreigner's mammoth-size classic hit is too hard to beat

I like the sound of the guitars in that second song

BATTLE ONE

continued

Led Zeppelin - Thank You VS. System of a Down - Toxicity-Zep just a little too strong here.

Foreigner - Dirty White Boy VS. Penguin Corpse - Clerical Drunk Monkeys-I nominated the first song way back, a good tune.

Journey - Send Her My Love VS. System of a Down - Lost In Hollywood-Weak Journey.

Journey - Lights VS. Penguin Corpse - There's No One Quite Like Grandma-I did like the picture from the second video.

Foreigner - Double Vision VS. Creedance Clearwater Revival - Suzie Q-Both songs among my favorite 3 from each band.

System of a Down - B.Y.O.B VS. Bad Company - Good Lovin' Gone Bad-Both good, but I've liked one of them for a long time.

Ian Dury & the Blockheads - Reasons to be Cheerful Part 3 VS. Led Zeppelin - No Quarter-Would probably go the other way if I were drinking.

System of a Down - Psycho VS. Creedance Clearwater Revival - Run Through the Jungle

Foreigner - Urgent VS. Of Monsters and Men - Mountain Sound-Another favorite from Foreigner.

Bad Company - Shooting Star VS. Of Monsters and Men - King And Lionheart-One of BC's best, and a former Cricket nom.

Of Monsters and Men - Love Love Love VS. Ian Dury & the Blockheads - Spasticus Autisticus-I think I prefer the first band for the most part.

Of Monsters and Men - Lakehouse VS. Led Zeppelin - Dazed and Confused-A monster from the mighty Zep.